That is excellent, Stig!

I have no idea where I came up with the habit of using Mystery for "Wu" and Manifest for "You" (I us "yo".)

To your understanding of "Wu", sounds good to me. Just like with a hula dancer, we are supposed to watch the hands, not the swaying of the hips. (Only the hands exist, the body is 'wu'.)

I really don't look at the two as a dyad though. It is my understanding that 'you' is a manifestation of a part of (an element of) the 'wu' field.

And yes, I would agree that 'wu' is intangible. That is the Mystery. It exists but it is non-existant (no-thing).

Peace & Love!

Actually in thinking about the two options, I believe I prefer the dancer option because I am really repelled by the imagery of land-clearing a forest. Also the dancing appeals more to my love of both Taiji and of dancing. I am sure some might and will contest the correctness of it ... So be it ;)

Actually in thinking about the two options, I believe I prefer the dancer option because I am really repelled by the imagery of land-clearing a forest. Also the dancing appeals more to my love of both Taiji and of dancing. I am sure some might and will contest the correctness of it ... So be it ;)

Well, I'm with you on this one. Nina and I have had our disagreements. Haven't talked with her for a long time now. Hope she is doing well.

Peace & Love!

I would agree that 'wu' is intangible. That is the Mystery. It exists but it is non-existant (no-thing).

I can accept the concept of mystery, but not non-existent. You all know what's non-existent don't you, it's nothing. :)

Nothing is non-existent ROFL, so why worry about it? I see it as one of those words that represents something that doesn't exist but because it's a word people treat it as if it exists, like 'self'. That results in a great deal of mental jerking off, but hey, that's what the brain is for, so it's OK too.

Everybody cwazy.

forgot what i was going to say.

'xactly!

Edited by Starjumper7

I don't know, does the mystery exist? Do physical 'laws' exist? Do rules exist?

Well, let's look at the words individually.

Mystery. Something that is unknown. Of course, I equate Mystery with Wu. Wu equates to nothing, that is, no-thing. However, in my understanding of Tao it is from Mystery that Manifest arose. Now, we can't get something from nothing so we have to assume that Wu is pure potential. Wu remains no-thing until Chi interacts with it and You (Mystery) comes into essence, this interaction produces Manifest. Science has determined that there is a vast amount of "Dark Matter" it is my belief that theis "Dark Matter" is the Wu we are speaking of.

Physical laws. Well, there are the laws of physics. True, these sometimes do change as science learns more about the universe. I like to talk about the processes of nature; Tzujan. I do believe that they do exist. I believe that these processes are what guides the universe through its 'life'.

And then there are man-made laws but we won't talk about them.

Rules. Except for the needs of man I see no rules applied in the universe. We have the processes. Why would there be any need for rules in addition to the processes?

Peace & Love!

Mystery. Something that is unknown. Of course, I equate Mystery with Wu. Wu equates to nothing, that is, no-thing. However, in my understanding of Tao it is from Mystery that Manifest arose. Now, we can't get something from nothing so we have to assume that Wu is pure potential. Wu remains no-thing until Chi interacts with it and You (Mystery) comes into essence, this interaction produces Manifest. Science has determined that there is a vast amount of "Dark Matter" it is my belief that theis "Dark Matter" is the Wu we are speaking of.

Physical laws. Well, there are the laws of physics. True, these sometimes do change as science learns more about the universe. I like to talk about the processes of nature; Tzujan. I do believe that they do exist. I believe that these processes are what guides the universe through its 'life'.

Dark energy also ... and yes although the understanding of physicists may change the process they are studying i.e. Nature does not change.

Dark energy also ... and yes although the understanding of physicists may change the process they are studying i.e. Nature does not change.

Yes, I consider Dark Energy to be Chi. Just didn't want to mention that but rather stick to the questions presented.

Excatly. Just as with us individually. We change our understanding as we gain more insight. But however we view the universe the universe is really the same regardless of our view and understanding.

Peace & Love!

Just to add a little more to the discussion. I have found reference that the dancer with the trailers may be some link back to a ritual dance for rain. So the dancer could be referred to as a shaman of sorts. ;)

Just to add a little more to the discussion. I have found reference that the dancer with the trailers may be some link back to a ritual dance for rain. So the dancer could be referred to as a shaman of sorts. ;)

I'm not sure which "Wu" your character refers to as there are certainly several characters which can be transliterated into "Wu" via Pinyin.

However, my teacher Master Zhongxian Wu describes Wu as the Shaman.

So, the dancer as Shaman is the obvious connection for me.

Wu = Shaman , at least to my meager understanding, but I would have to check my notes to determine whether this would be the same character.

See "Vital Breath of the Tao" by zhongxian wu to go into detail about the meaning and origin of Wu.

BTW - Master Wu has never directly discussed how his name happens to correspond in this way :-)

Craig

also see

http://masterwu.net/

Yes, I think it is a given that there are threads of Shamanism in both Lao Tzu's and Chuang Tzu's writings. But I see no problem with this as it is a part of the culture.

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

dancing aka bodyflow aka shaking aka spontaneous movement aka trancework aka WU!!

I like that. I don't know if it is valid but I still like it.

Peace & Love!

I like that. I don't know if it is valid but I still like it.

Peace & Love!

of course it's valid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other day in a different thread I mentioned how I was told once "never trust a spiritual teacher who cant dance".. and this is why.

The other day in a different thread I mentioned how I was told once "never trust a spiritual teacher who cant dance".. and this is why.

Hehehe. (But you know me, I don't have to know everything.)

Yeah, we need to dance, if not physically at least with thoughts and words.

Peace & Love!

I like that !!!

:D