Sign in to follow this  
rain

Pleiades

I know there is a lot of "info" out on the Pleiades but I just discovered that a Star there is called

Electra.

Maybe some TBum knows Electra? I would love to learn as much as possible about this star...?

(and not the myth around the electra/oedipus etc complex thank please & thank you)

Edited by rain

I know there is a lot of "info" out on the Pleiades but I just discovered that a Star there is called

Electra.

Maybe some TBum knows Electra? I would love to learn as much as possible about this star...?

(and not the myth around the electra/oedipus etc complex thank please & thank you)

You arent being very clear about what you want me thinks,.

Electra, but you dont want mythology,. So do you want Chinese mythology?:

Well as I know it is one of the seven moon stations of the White Tiger constellation.

The key star of the moon station is Epsilon Tau.

Chinese character symbol for it is: mn19.gif having to do with water. Maybe rain catcher? haha. Sorry.

Electra would be part of this moon station but the mantra and hand seal eludes me right now. haha,.

Pleiades in Folklore

Ancient civilizations looked to the heavens as guides for their daily lives. They attributed many things to these gods who were both god and bad - kind and harsh. They created mythological tales about those who came from the different star systems. They believed that the gods lived in the heavens and sometimes flew down to the planet bringing messages of teaching or warnings of disasters. These people communicated with their gods through meditation and dreamtime. They believed that the gods would one day return.

The alignment in the heavens is like a blueprint upon which those on the planet can plan their daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly activities. The heavens were also the way they plotted their seasons so they would know when to plant and when to harvests, when the waters would come and when it would be dry. In essence they worshipped those from the skies, the Pleiades being a major factor for many civilizations.

The Pleiades' high visibility in the night sky has guaranteed it a special place in many cultures, both ancient and modern.

Bible: The Pleiades are mentioned three times in the Bible, twice by name and once by reference, in Job 9:9, again in Job 38:31, and alluded to in Amos 5:8.

Hebrew - Kimah: a cluster

Egypt - the Pleaides represent the goddess Neith, the "divine mother and lady of heaven".

Divine mother? Doesnt that sound like Kwan Yin?

Japan - the Pleiades are known as Subaru, and have given their name to the car manufacturer whose logo incorporates six stars. The Subaru Telescope, located in Mauna Kea Observatory on Hawaii, is named after the Pleiades.

China - Kimah - The Pleiades seem to be the among the first star mentioned in astronomical literature, appearing in Chinese annals of 2357 B.C. China - The Blossom Stars and Flower Stars. In Chinese constellations, they are also mao, the Hairy Head of the white tiger of the West.

Hindu:

* the Hindu God Kartikeya means Him of the Pleiades.

* the Flames of Agni (the god of Fire): the divinities of fire in its beneficent form and the wet nurses for Kumara, the god of War.

* Astrology: In Western astrology they represent coping with sorrow and were considered a single one of the medieval fixed stars. As such, they are associated with quartz and fennel. In Hindu astrology the Pleiades were known as the asterism (nakshatra) Krittika (which in Sanskrit is translated as "the cutters.")

* The Pleiades are called the star of fire, and their ruling deity is the Vedic god Agni, the god of the sacred fire.

North American Natives especially plains peoples claim "White Buffalo Woman" was from pleiadies. Notice the simliarity with Kwan Yin and the previous?

It has a few different uses in Folklore/Chinese magic.

I guess I am not understanding what you are trying to do. Are you trying to perform a specific ritual? Are you trying to contact someone?

More Links:

http://www.crystalinks.com/pleiades.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_%28Chinese_constellation%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_constellations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_%28star%29

Edited by Guest

M45map.jpg

I have some info for you but I see you have email and PM turned off. You can email me if you wish.

Edited by Starjumper7

M45map.jpg

I have some info for you but I see you have email and PM turned off. You can email me if you wish.

I believe you have some information about Electra?

Thanks for noticing the pm setting.

I mostly navigate by intuition. Thank you for your patience.

I've learned a lot today surfing, very curious of what you have to tell

BTW your PM system aint working either ;)))))) but I hope I fixed mine

G

I believe you have some information about Electra?

Thanks for noticing the pm setting.

I mostly navigate by intuition. Thank you for your patience.

I've learned a lot today surfing, very curious of what you have to tell

BTW your PM system aint working either ;)))))) but I hope I fixed mine

G

I checked and didn't see how to send you a PM. I have my PM turned off, but please email me, you can do that through my profile page. Anyway, you have already written the answer to yourself but missed it :) Look and you shall see :wub:

I checked and didn't see how to send you a PM. I have my PM turned off, but please email me, you can do that through my profile page. Anyway, you have already written the answer to yourself but missed it :) Look and you shall see :wub:

I have? :wub:

:lol:

where where where?

chasing tail..:D

You arent being very clear about what you want me thinks,.

Electra, but you dont want mythology,. So do you want Chinese mythology?:

Well as I know it is one of the seven moon stations of the White Tiger constellation.

The key star of the moon station is Epsilon Tau.

Chinese character symbol for it is: mn19.gif having to do with water. Maybe rain catcher? haha. Sorry.

Electra would be part of this moon station but the mantra and hand seal eludes me right now. haha,.

Divine mother? Doesnt that sound like Kwan Yin?

North American Natives especially plains peoples claim "White Buffalo Woman" was from pleiadies. Notice the simliarity with Kwan Yin and the previous?

"White Buffalo Womans the Teton Sioux their "Seven Sacred Rituals".are they related to the seven stars? btw someone spoke about our sun being the brother of these seven sisters.

Am I trying to contact someone? :) Brother you are way beyond me.

Placed on the back of the sign of Taurus...I find she is invisible yet biggest and brightest, this is odd?. I find she is huge due to expansion by exhausting her hydrogen core/cernel. She spins so fast her core denses and she lasts longer. Mythologically She is connected to Troy and the phoenicians. Like the norrøn tales about the Jotne she is connected to the mating of gods and humans.

It has a few different uses in Folklore/Chinese magic.

I guess I am not understanding what you are trying to do. Are you trying to perform a specific ritual? Are you trying to contact someone?

More Links:

http://www.crystalin...m/pleiades.html

http://en.wikipedia....onstellation%29

http://en.wikipedia...._constellations

http://en.wikipedia....ctra_%28star%29

Edited by rain

:lol:

Still a few hundred million years before they finish forming.

If . If . trouble.

Pink Light

very nice of you to first calm me then warn me. sweet

:lol::lol:

I'll just continue reading you are right there certainly is alot of mythology

Edited by rain

very nice of you to first calm me then warn me. sweet

:lol::lol:

I'll just continue reading you are right there certainly is alot of mythology

If you are good at spatial awareness may want to just try meditation. Who, or what you will most likely only be able to find by meditation. They dont exixt in our dimension. Or if you feel uncertain just try prayer. I am sympathetic.

pink light

Edited by Guest

ahh don't we all run in circles ..

finally the peak shamanic tao practise comes in handy

all I needed was a carrot, a reason that could truly spark my intent

I meditate and sometimes I pray

time to boil the cauldron

or symphatetic somethin'

The Cherokee medicine/origin stories are quite interesting. This may or may not be what you are looking for. There is one particular Cherokee Medicine Woman who is quite into this and I think she probably knows more on this than anyone I have heard of. The problem is it has been some time since I made her acquaintance and I can't remember her name. If you search some of the Cherokee medicine then you may be able to find her. If I remember her name I will follow up.

The Cherokee medicine/origin stories are quite interesting. This may or may not be what you are looking for. There is one particular Cherokee Medicine Woman who is quite into this and I think she probably knows more on this than anyone I have heard of. The problem is it has been some time since I made her acquaintance and I can't remember her name. If you search some of the Cherokee medicine then you may be able to find her. If I remember her name I will follow up.

thank you for all for pointing directions.

The Cherokee Rattlesnake Constellations...

I had recently enjoyed the stories of the dogon people and have an all too soft spot for synchronicity

I also focus on Electras particular vibrations. So very attractive to me.

Sign in to follow this