LaoTzu21

We instead of I

Hi im curious do alot of people do this or just me i refer to myself as we when i do something instead of I is there something wrong with that?

Hi im curious do alot of people do this or just me i refer to myself as we when i do something instead of I is there something wrong with that?

Hehehe. Whenever I have done that I am almost always asked by the person I am speaking with if I have a mouse in my pocket.

NO, I don't think there is anything really 'wrong' with speaking that way but there would be a tendency to place our expectation on others by doing it. Afterall, the only person we can truely speak for is ourself.

Yes, my Buddhist friends, I say "I" very often in order to express that it is "I" that "I" am speaking about.

Peace & Love!

Only when I've been assimilated by the borg (happened on two separate occasions.... don't ask), or when I've lost my mind (only happened once so far.... again, don't ask).

But in general I have a(n) (un)healthy separation from my fellow human, animal, plant, and mineral kingdoms :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

what i mean is its like ive separated the body and mind i think thats why i say we

I understand what you are saying but I'm not going to touch it.

Peace & Love!

and why is that?

You know what a materialist I am, don't you?

We cannot separate our mind from our body. The brain is the functioning aspect of the mind. Take the brain out and we die. Game finished.

However, we can allow our mind to wander. Yes, we can even attain Oneness. But I don't believe that we can hold to that (total) Oneness for any length of time because we need care for our own body.

Now, observing that, and being aware of, our Oneness with all creation is within the realm of acceptance for me. But here we still have the "I" doing the observing and being aware of.

Now, please understand that I think it is great that you can feel such a connectedness with others so that when you speak you use the word 'we' instead of 'I'. But I am sure that you sometimes encounter people who do not agree with you. So, in this case, it would be 'we, excluding you'.

But yes, statements like "We need to preserve this planet so that it will remain a habitable place" is valid. But when we are talking about opinions and beliefs I think it would be stretching it a little.

Peace & Love!

You know what a materialist I am, don't you?

We cannot separate our mind from our body. The brain is the functioning aspect of the mind. Take the brain out and we die. Game finished.

However, we can allow our mind to wander. Yes, we can even attain Oneness. But I don't believe that we can hold to that (total) Oneness for any length of time because we need care for our own body.

Now, observing that, and being aware of, our Oneness with all creation is within the realm of acceptance for me. But here we still have the "I" doing the observing and being aware of.

Now, please understand that I think it is great that you can feel such a connectedness with others so that when you speak you use the word 'we' instead of 'I'. But I am sure that you sometimes encounter people who do not agree with you. So, in this case, it would be 'we, excluding you'.

But yes, statements like "We need to preserve this planet so that it will remain a habitable place" is valid. But when we are talking about opinions and beliefs I think it would be stretching it a little.

Peace & Love!

well i was getting worried because i say it to myself when I want to do something

well i was getting worried because i say it to myself when I want to do something

Hehehe. Don't worry! Be happy!

Reminded my of a Christian story. It's not long so I shall share it.

An elderly gentleman came down from his lonely mountain shack into town to by some supplies. The storekeeper asked him, "Doesn't it get lonely living up there all be yourself?" The man replies, "No, we are just fine." The storekeeper steps back and says, "But I thought you lived alone?" The man replies, "No, there is me, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost."

So in his belief it is truely "we".

Peace & Love!

it kinda doesnt relate to me because im entirely anti christian in thought. altho alot of christian values are seeping into my teachers teachings.

it kinda doesnt relate to me because im entirely anti christian in thought. altho alot of christian values are seeping into my teachers teachings.

No, no. The story wasn't meant to refer to the religious aspect but rather the spiritual aspect - the man's connectedness with the creation.

Don't shut out any truths just because of the labels that have been placed on them.

I personally hold to no religion so you won't ever find me preaching. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!