the inside, for females It's the opposite. in

SFQ its the other way around. Any thoughts on

why this is between these two systems as

always greatly appreciated.

OAny thoughts on

why this is between these two systems as

always greatly appreciated.

Sorry but I don't know SFQ

IMHO and IIRC according to what I've been taught it mostly doesn't matter which hand goes on top, even though some systems are quite insistent on one being "correct" Try both with awareness, one will tend to feel more natural / correct, go with that.

But since I'm just some guy on the internet .... here is a reference :lol:

http://www.taichimaster.com/tai-chi/should-your-left-or-right-hand-go-on-top-in-qigong-and-meditation/

Although a teaching sound-bite may not be false, it is also may not be completely true. Each circumstance may require a different approach to achieve the results your are after.

Normal right hand under left is supposed to be normal dan tien breathing (for men). The other way around I've heard it as nourishing the dan tien. When its the other way around I think it has to do more with actually developing the dan tien.

I do it for 20 minutes after dan tien breathing at the end of training.

Sorry but I don't know SFQ

IMHO and IIRC according to what I've been taught it mostly doesn't matter which hand goes on top, even though some systems are quite insistent on one being "correct" Try both with awareness, one will tend to feel more natural / correct, go with that.

But since I'm just some guy on the internet .... here is a reference :lol:

http://www.taichimaster.com/tai-chi/should-your-left-or-right-hand-go-on-top-in-qigong-and-meditation/

it all depends on 1) the flow of energy, & your nostrils 2) what you want to do or achieve.

Right hand puts energy back into DT

Left hand takes energy Out of DT

Right hand is Yang

Left is Yin

For women its the opposite.

• Like 1