LaoTzu21

Helping others

In what sense are you helping someone? Emotionally, physically...etc

-In my opinion, I would say that in order to see a problem correctly and solve a situation you're awareness must greater than that of a problem.

-I think the best way to help someone is to help them increase there own awareness so that they can see and solve the problem for themselves...via reiki, Chi Kung, meditation...etc

-However, helping is a two way street. It must first be accepted.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

Well its more for my benefit so i become a stronger more loving person. i want to know if you become stronger by helping someone or do you have to build your own way up first before helping others. and i don't mean to sound condescending but i don't want to do it in a way that id have to resort to say oh you HAVE to do chi kung or reiki or anything like that isn't there more of a natural way to do so.

If you yourself can't see the forest because of the trees then you cant be someone elses guide through the wilderness.

-Work on growing your own energy and your own powers of self-awareness.(this is a life-long and never-ending process).

-When you grow your energy and cultivate peace and happiness you benefit everyone you come in contact with. Yo do without doing.

-Through a simple smile one can shine a light into the lives of others.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

If you yourself can't see the forest because of the trees then you cant be someone elses guide through the wilderness.

-Work on growing your own energy and your own powers of self-awareness.(this is a life-long and never-ending process).

-When you grow your energy and cultivate peace and happiness you benefit everyone you come in contact with. Yo do without doing.

-Through a simple smile one can shine a light into the lives of others.

thank you this has helped me alot for the answer i was looking for :). I think ill start doing tai chi once again. if only i had money to do so.

I think ill start doing tai chi once again. if only i had money to do so.

I looked at this and asked, to myself, "Why aren't you practicing what you have already learned?"

So I thought I would share the thought.

Expand what you have already learned into your everyday life until you have the funds to get another teacher.

There are many ways one can expand one's capacities and capabilities without personal instruction. In most cases you will know if a practice is doing you good or if it just a waste of time.

Best Wishes!

Peace & Love!

what do you mean by neither?

I mean that you do not need to be strong to help someone. And just because you help someone doesn't mean that you will gain strength. But you can easily help someone through your strength and gain strength at the same time. Every situation is going to be dependent on the conditions.

And ultimately your help could be harmful in the long term. But that is a whole other discussion.

I looked at this and asked, to myself, "Why aren't you practicing what you have already learned?"

So I thought I would share the thought.

Expand what you have already learned into your everyday life until you have the funds to get another teacher.

There are many ways one can expand one's capacities and capabilities without personal instruction. In most cases you will know if a practice is doing you good or if it just a waste of time.

Best Wishes!

Peace & Love!

The reason why im not doing any tai chi or chi kung is that i did some un guided meditation and it kinda gave me foresight into who i was going to become and i got obsessed with that and deluded myself into thinking that i didnt have to try for it. so i stopped it so i could face reality again. i also experienced severe pains in my left side of my abdomen whenever i did chi kung the pain was too unbearable. so i decided to stop i also became very sleepy. when i noticed people who were much healthier were being full of life after. my master told me that its because i dont have good foundations in being in harmony with myself and the way. so theres the reasons why i dont practice but its been 2 years since then so i think im going to start soon. but i need money to pay to remember the 24 step yang style.

I mean that you do not need to be strong to help someone. And just because you help someone doesn't mean that you will gain strength. But you can easily help someone through your strength and gain strength at the same time. Every situation is going to be dependent on the conditions.

And ultimately your help could be harmful in the long term. But that is a whole other discussion.

Thats what i mean that it could be harmful so when is the right time to act with the knowledge and strength you have to help someone

Yeah,i heard Chi Kung can be dangerous if you don't have a teacher, but you had a teacher and were experiencing pain! Chi Kung is meant as a tool for improving health, this makes me question the credibility of your teacher.

-Also i am broke as well, and can not afford a teacher so i practice Zhang Zhuang: which is so simple it's ridiculous and can be easily learned from a book. You only need 20 minutes a day to practice and there are no health dangers of doing ZZ, it's completely safe. :)

-The book i use is the Way of Energy by Master Lam Kam Chuen.

The reason why im not doing any tai chi or chi kung is that i did some un guided meditation and it kinda gave me foresight into who i was going to become and i got obsessed with that and deluded myself into thinking that i didnt have to try for it. so i stopped it so i could face reality again. i also experienced severe pains in my left side of my abdomen whenever i did chi kung the pain was too unbearable. so i decided to stop i also became very sleepy. when i noticed people who were much healthier were being full of life after. my master told me that its because i dont have good foundations in being in harmony with myself and the way. so theres the reasons why i dont practice but its been 2 years since then so i think im going to start soon. but i need money to pay to remember the 24 step yang style.

Thanks for responding. I know my question was crude but I am that way sometimes. Get to the point and don't bother with a bunch of flowers.

I can now undersand where you are and why. Yes, I would agree with your Master. Being in harmony with our inner self is very important. Good foundations are important as well but I cannot speak to that.

I think that Tai Chi is excellent for getting you where you should be (physical coordination and mindfullness) so that you can go forward.

But absolutely yes, if you experience excessive pain from an exercise or practice then it would be best to not do that exercise or practice.

Peace & Love!

Thanks for responding. I know my question was crude but I am that way sometimes. Get to the point and don't bother with a bunch of flowers.

I can now undersand where you are and why. Yes, I would agree with your Master. Being in harmony with our inner self is very important. Good foundations are important as well but I cannot speak to that.

I think that Tai Chi is excellent for getting you where you should be (physical coordination and mindfullness) so that you can go forward.

But absolutely yes, if you experience excessive pain from an exercise or practice then it would be best to not do that exercise or practice.

Peace & Love!

i think what im really looking for is a way to end my suffering under i.b.s so i can function normally. its all emotionally related. so maybe its why it hurts when im doing chi kung coz i have been told by my tai chi teacher that chi kung helps you let go of things when you practice it. but i think my problem is letting go of what i have thats causing me pain. it causes too much pain to let go of it. its like punching yourself with a knuckle duster. and expecting not to feel anything afterwards. a constant struggle to let go of something that really hurts.

i have been told by my tai chi teacher that chi kung helps you let go of things when you practice it. but i think my problem is letting go of what i have thats causing me pain. it causes too much pain to let go of it. its like punching yourself with a knuckle duster.

Yeah, you probably have alot of energetic blockages in your body. Meditation and Chi Kung is good for flushing and letting go of that stuff. You might want to also consider seeing a healer. Good luck, the juice is definetly worth the squeeze.

do you have to be strong to help someone or do you get stronger by helping someone?

Instead of strength which has an ego and dominant underlying meaning associated with it, I would use fully healed, aware and connected to all sentient beings.

In this case you could start helping others. But again to which level: to that of a saint or to that of a good samaritan? As in this last instance you don't need to fulfil those requirements to a 100% level.

i think what im really looking for is a way to end my suffering under i.b.s so i can function normally. its all emotionally related. so maybe its why it hurts when im doing chi kung coz i have been told by my tai chi teacher that chi kung helps you let go of things when you practice it. but i think my problem is letting go of what i have thats causing me pain. it causes too much pain to let go of it. its like punching yourself with a knuckle duster. and expecting not to feel anything afterwards. a constant struggle to let go of something that really hurts.

Yep. You have spoken the truth above. Letting go is very difficult. Yes, I know that from my own experiences.

I will offer this for consideration:

We cannot change the past. It is written in stone. Regarding the negatives of the past, the best we can hope for, I think, is that we have learned the lessons presented by the experiences.

When we do things that cause us pain we have two choices: Sop doing that thing, or, indure the pain for a longer-term or more important goal.

Practicing a new physical practice or even a mental practice is going to bring pain in almost all cases. This is because we will likely be doing things we have never done or we haven't done for a long time. We are making changes to our body or mind. Not all changes are pleasant experiences. So we must weigh the potentail benefits against the pain the changes are causing. If there are no potential benefits, stop.

And just because we have fail at one thing is not reason to not try something else. This is called (in my book, no not physical book, the mental one) testing our capabilities and capacities. We need to know what we are and are not capable of in life. We should constantly test our limits.

So even though you may think you have screwed up, I rather look at it as you have tested your limits and you tried exceeding those limits therefore you are in pain. Mental pain is almost always harder to deal with than is physical pain.

But remember, where you are now is exactly where you are supposed to be because of your past. Can't change the past. That is a given. But we can make changes today in order to change our tomorrow. Your destiny is, in part, in your hands. The choices you make today will effect your future.

Peace & Love!