thelerner

What do you consider the best night practice or meditation?

At my best I'll just sit for 30 minutes or listen to the Wudang Evening Meditation CD which covers a wide variety of Taoist and Buddists practices.

At my worst, I'll watch TV :(.

Michael

At my best I'll just sit for 30 minutes or listen to the Wudang Evening Meditation CD which covers a wide variety of Taoist and Buddists practices.

Michael

I sit and meditate for an hour.

Enjoy your tv watching. It can be a meditation.

Attitude attitude attitude :)

We need a meditative face symbol

Edited by mYTHmAKER

If its a dark, deep quiet night

I like my big ass buddha beads from the shaolin temple. I use them to count out cycles as I square breathe.

There's a very big peace that comes with only needing one breatj every 2 minutes (or even less than that). A very big peace.

I'll often listen to hypnosis inductions before bed.

On a warm summers night, any chigung outdoors will suffice. But its very nice to do with a dying sun, then remain in seated mediation afterward.

I also like long runs in the rain at night.

And if your lucky enough to have trampoline in your backyard, a little star gazing always does the trick to expand the frame

Damo's Cave is about the only "practice" I've manage with any regularity.

From observation my nightly practice appears to mostly consist of activities like listening to music and reading, usually preceded by some TV and Net.

And if your lucky enough to have trampoline in your backyard, a little star gazing always does the trick to expand the frame

Childhood flashback (was never lucky enough to own a trampoline, they have to have a "safty cage" nowdays !!!)

:)

I sometimes lay back on the warm cement driveway and look at the stars.

A lotus flower blooms in the day, and closes to rest at night.

It needs no other distractions.

Even meditation can be a distraction, if it does not lead to listening and abiding in natural flows.

My fav distraction is to visualize the opening of a bluish lotus ascending to the crown in the a.m. and as i go to sleep, it folds in and returns to the heart center. When there is mindfulness, i can usually see a yidam on the lotus-seat as well... once in a while i can manage to see some emanations of streams of light flowing out, touching and blessing those who come into the field of vision. Its quite easy to rest in this state when there is some kind of letting-go process put in place. Any subtle mind agitations of clinging or aversion usually disrupts the 'remaining in'.

:)

Edited by CowTao

Michael

For the most part I don't have a special routine and thus I can't recommend one either. One exception is if I am severely sick, I will do a healing visualization before going to sleep. If I am not sick, there is nothing in particular that I will do or avoid doing. I might meditate or contemplate, or maybe just allow myself to drift off to sleep. Earlier, when I needed to test certain things inside lucid dreams, I would briefly focus on my intention to be lucid inside my dreams before going to sleep. I don't do that now, since by now I have already realized, through testing and experimentation, there is no substantial difference between dreaming and waking. Once I got that point, I didn't see any further need for lucid dreaming. My dreams tend to be fun whether I am lucid or not, so I don't need to explicitly control them.

Edited by goldisheavy

I sometimes lay back on the warm cement driveway and look at the stars.

Really good.

I like to do a specific meditation for the throat/crown before bed, which is similar to the upward moving prana tsa lung exercises in "Healing with Form Energy and Light".