enouch

Pain Control

Anyone familiar with Jon Kabat-Zinn? He has some amazing stuff on pain control through mindfulness meditation.

Jack Schwarz was amazing with his ability to control his bodily functions. It was disturbing and puzzling to me that he died in his 70's of cancer.

A lot of healers die from disease...what can we say of it? Maybe subconsciously they want to die, tired of living. Longevity has its place yet most would like to keep their looks and vitality. What's so good about living long if you lose your energy and for some-looks.

My question is if it's possible to control bodily functions:blood flow,rapid healing why not try resetting the youth and vitality gene or whatever it is that keeps us youthful and energetic. I've heard the subconscious mind controls most functions and Schwarz achieved his through connecting with his.

How coincidental these forums are.

I'm currently recovering from keyhole surgery to repair a hernia.

Laying off the physical stuff for a couple of weeks, but the upside of it is, that I've got more time to devote to meditation.

Anyone familiar with Jon Kabat-Zinn? He has some amazing stuff on pain control through mindfulness meditation.

True. After my first Vipassana retreat, I healed myself of bad eyesight and my vision improved so well I had to change my glasses. My doctor was surprised! Second retreat, a bad cases of frequent sinus inflammation disappeared without a trace and has been so for 20 years now!

I think many ignore the healing aspects of Shamata/Vipassana meditation, probably to prevent the use of these methodologies for such specific causes or with forced intention but they do seem to clean the energy body very well.

I however still wonder why symptoms like Zen sickness occur though? Incorrect practice perhaps?