ralis

No cost long life practice.

My wife just slapped me. Not sure why.

(OK, not really...)

:lol:

Ralis dear, don't be putting out in full of everyone ;)

yah, I know, it's Summer (Spring, Fall, Winter, Anytime)

Ralis dear, don't be putting out in full of everyone ;)

yah, I know, it's Summer (Spring, Fall, Winter, Anytime)

In full?

ralis

Hooters picture removed - sorry but we know what they look like - Mal

sorry Mal, just my way of wishing the gift of long life. Those were especially good hooters too. Not just the kind that a young man says," Those are nice", the kind, that dare I say, a young man would title "Amazing". Those were amazing hooters.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

It's all good, and it wasn't like you don't see 100's of similar pictures in magazines and media every day. Just didn't want everyone going those are nice but these are better and this ending up like some "off topic" threads :lol:

sorry Mal, just my way of wishing the gift of long life. Those were especially good hooters too. Not just the kind that a young man says," Those are nice", the kind, that dare I say, a young man would title "Amazing". Those were amazing hooters.

After staring at the picture in the first link for ten minutes I can say I feel better already, so maybe you could just post a link to the picture instead of the picture itself, with suitable warnings, of course. We'll see if we have similar tastes.

It's all good, and it wasn't like you don't see 100's of similar pictures in magazines and media every day. Just didn't want everyone going those are nice but these are better and this ending up like some "off topic" threads :lol:

Now that's my idea of a contest, it wouldn't really be off topic would it, if we said how rejuvenated we feel? We could have a poll. :)

Edited by Starjumper7

And what are us women supposed to do for long life exactly????

I'm almost serious. I'm getting fed up of being fed off of. So's my mother.

Now, I'm going to go off and find that psy self-defense book. :ninja:

In "Qigong for Total Wellness" Baolin Wu says that women enhance their longevity by getting pregnant.

I did not just make that up. :lol:

I think the woman's side of this coin is to read poetry or watch healthy men dance. Men are visual, don't blame human nature.

Edited by Starjumper7

"read poetry"

- alright, I like a bit of Yeats but you have to be kidding me

" or watch healthy men dance."

- and one would find this where? Most men can't/won't dance (---makes sweeping generalisation before attempting to go hang out with Zorba---)

"Men are visual"

- And women I suppose are not???

-"don't blame human nature."

I wasn't aware that I was, thanks for pointing it out to me :lol:

My original intent for creating this thread is more around the appreciation of art. Specifically the female form and appreciation of beauty. Maybe the study indicates that the appreciation of beauty can be beneficial for one's health.

By studying the 'golden mean' it becomes apparent that the female form is the perfection of this proportion. Seems as if nature intended it this way.

Here are some examples from Greek art.

http://milan.milanovic.org/math/english/golden/golden4.html

After I wrote this my girlfriend (she is an artist) reminded me that women are the originators of this form and it was the architects that stole it from them. :lol:

ralis

Edited by ralis

"read poetry"

- alright, I like a bit of Yeats but you have to be kidding me

" or watch healthy men dance."

- and one would find this where? Most men can't/won't dance (---makes sweeping generalisation before attempting to go hang out with Zorba---)

"Men are visual"

- And women I suppose are not???

Yes women are, but I was thinking of the mating game in which it is said that men are attracted to the form visually but women are attracted more to power. In trying to come up with what would be a counterpart for women I noticed the following, it has been determined that the reason men (and the only reason) invented big brains was to dazzle women with bullshit in order to get them into bed. For those here with weak knees, bullshit in this case stands for pretty words.

Soooo, if this is the case then I thought that the best way to get to pretty words is to have a nice mean speaking or sing them them to you, but since that will never happen reading poetry or listening to men's mating songs is the best bet :)

Women also respond well to power, don't they, so the ideal would be to watch a healthy man singing and reading poetry to you while he dances with power. Ideally this would be a Taoist sorcerer's apprentice doing the exotic dance of power :)

Good luck, you're on your own.

BUT it's also been shown that women respond to visual signals at first too, so looking at pictures of scantily clad men might do it - but women are too complex, I don't understand women. Wait, I know, a scantily clad adept of the way of power doing the dance of life, with nice music playing in the background.

I am a visual artist among other things. I coordinate and am a regular at a weekly figure drawing session. So I spend several hours a week intently looking at nude humans. Nice to know that my longevity has been assured :D I should point out that we do use male models from time to time and our drawing group has several female participants. I don't find looking at a nude female equates to an aerobic exercise as the article suggests. My experience is more meditative. The article also seems to emphasize voluptuousness, I have found no correlation in the intensity or satisfaction of the drawing experience to the size of the model's bust line either. Our female artists do appreciate having male models to draw and pester me to schedule them more frequently. So perhaps it works both ways. Sounds more like a fluff human interest piece rather than serious research.

"Wait, I know, a scantily clad adept of the way of power doing the dance of life, with nice music playing in the background."

Where????

The body of man is built for work.

The body of woman is built to be beautiful.

I'm sometimes amazed how just looking at a fully clothed woman increases my qi.

note:

my definition of qi is closely related to the english word "vigor".