Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Need help with the people on jorunic?

Hi all I am pulling out my friendship card so to speak. I was wondering if some of the members here would mind sighning up on journic.com. To help out thouse people on there they have the right idea but some of them seem to not know where to go at least that is what i see. so if anyone wants to sighn up and help. Thanks.

nope i am not the creator of journik that would be wan qi. I want help steering these people away from wan and onto a good instructor. I have tried in telling them stuff but they never listen to me and always ban me. so i was wondering if you guys could hepl them see for them selves the truth about wan. Also help them learn some qigong and energy work in the process.

nope i am not the creator of journik that would be wan qi. I want help steering these people away from wan and onto a good instructor. I have tried in telling them stuff but they never listen to me and always ban me. so i was wondering if you guys could hepl them see for them selves the truth about wan. Also help them learn some qigong and energy work in the process.

I've always enjoyed his youtube videos. He seems like a genuine cat.

-Is it turning into some kind of cult on his site or is he abusing his influence? :glare:

in my oppinion it was a cult from the beging. But can you tell me why you like his videos?

in my oppinion it was a cult from the beging. But can you tell me why you like his videos?

I felt that he had some interesting insights. He also seemed to be a genuine source of knowledge.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

I guess if you're really concerned then you could perhaps look at tactics that some folks on TTB's have used in the past when it comes to that stuff. But really, aren't the people on there able to make their own decisions?

What I like about TTB's is the variety of opinions and outside links (show other opinions and sources of information). I think that really helps.

Still, if the forum is run by the person you are concerned about then I'm not really sure what you could do. Apart from raising dissent. Plus, as had been said, if the guy is basically ok and his system is basically ok then it's hardly your opinion that will change anything.

I think a good thing to do with cults is avoid them.

I've been a member of his old alchemy page (Talisman) then on homosanctus (Hawkeye) during Wan's "absence" then signed up for Journik (Hawkeye) when it premiered. I kinda phased out after a while when Wan started uploading new videos, and I haven't logged onto anything associated with him for a while now. He banned me from his channel for some comment I made on one of his videos (he made a video about seeing a bum and he was like, "that guy has lots of stories, but he's a loser" and I asked him "in an old video didn't you say not to judge?" and he was like, "you don't know what you're talking about- banned")

He's a mega shady character. He has a history of sudden starts matched by sudden disappearances. He really cashed in on the 14 year old crowd that wants to be naruto in real life. It also helps that he's Asian and that the west has highly romanticized the "ancient secrets of the orient". All he's gotta do is put on a karate gi, spout out some Korean (familiar terms which only sound new because nobody is familiar with the Korean terminology), and recite from the Dao De Jing and everyone thinks he's a freakin' buddha.

My theory is that he bailed on everyone like he bailed on all his other failing projects. But for months he couldn't come up with a new idea, and when he looked, new people were still being drawn to his stuff even though he wasn't doing anything. So he came back to the crowd, told everyone he left so they could "figure things out on their own and grow" and kept teaching, focusing a lot on self help and things.

The thing about Wan is that he's like one of those "false math proofs", like the one where you can prove 1=2. It starts off right. And it ends right. But somewhere in the middle there's a step that looks right, despite the flawed conclusion, but if you really know your math rules, is actually wrong.

Wan is like that. He says all the right things. He draws from all the right places. But at the end you're like, "wtf? How'd he come up with that?"

Wan did get me interested in meditation for more purposes than just calming your mind. He was the first person I encountered who suggested that meditation can be used to DO something (magic, alchemy, etc etc) which was a very important connection for me. Luckily for me he left when he did. That got me to branch out, learn genuine teachings from genuine teachers, and when he came back, and I reviewed what he taught, I realized that he talked a lot without really saying anything.

That said, he IS a good internet marketer. As I mentioned in another thread, Wan got all his followers to do Gi Ma Sae on video and post their videos. So pretty much his stuff exploded across the internet over the course of a single day. Exploitative? Yes. Clever? Yes.

Mewtwo-

My advice to you is whenever you see a good article or site posted on thetaobums, to post it on journic, and link here for where you got it. I used to post things I found helpful on Journik. Most of them were ignored by all but a few people.

Though I don't really agree with all of Wan's methods or what he does, he DOES bring the subject of meditation to a lot of people. But I guess in that way it's kinda similar to drugs for spiritual use- some people use them, open up, then seek other avenues of development. Some people use them, open up, and then never stop using them.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Sign in to follow this