Gauss

Udumbara flower prophecy - Holy King of the Wheel is here...

(Clearwisdom.net) Legends hold that Udumbara flowers blossom only once every three thousand years. Remarkably, they have been seen blossoming in recent years, bringing the legend to life for many in various regions of the world, to the great delight and surprise of the thousands who have seen them.

Udumbara blossoms were first recently seen in South Korea in 1997. The flowers were subsequently found in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Northern California, New York, and Texas. What does the blossoming of Udumbara flowers mean?

Udumbara flowers found in Mr. Lin's Houston, Texas home

Udumbara flowers found on the face of a Bodhisattva statue in the Sumi Zen Temple in Suncheon, South Korea.

Buddhist Sutras Reveal A Heavenly Secret

According to the Buddhist sutras, the Sanskrit word "Udumbara" means "an auspicious flower from heaven." Volume 8 of the Buddhist scripture Huilin Phonetics and Interpretation says, "Udumbara is the product of ominous and supernatural phenomena; it is a celestial flower and does not exist in the mundane world. If a Tathagata or King of the Golden Wheel appears in the human world, these flowers will manifest due to their great virtue and blessings."

So, based on Buddhist sutras, the blossoming of Udumbara flowers signals that the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel has come to the human world. In other words, Buddha Sakyamuni had long ago foretold people the heavenly secret that Udumbara flowers would bloom when the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel spreads his Law to save people.

According to Buddhist scriptures, the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel, like a Buddha, embodies 32 manifestations and seven treasures. He is an ideal king who rules the world by turning the Wheel that rectifies the Dharma through justice instead of by force. Regardless of one's religious affiliation - Buddhism, Christianity or any other - anyone who offers compassion to people will have the opportunity to meet the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel.

The Chinese Communist regime-controlled news media in China have for the first time reported the blossoming of Udumbara flowers. The Communist regime seems to thereby silently admit the truth of the Buddhist scriptures, and acknowledge the existence of Buddha. This is contradictory to what the they have propagated about "superstition" and "atheism."

However, the regime has become quite fearful since learning of the discovery of Udumbara flowers on the mailbox of Falun Gong practitioner Shen Zhaohui in Dehui City, Jilin Province. Communist officials ordered that Shen's home be ransacked and Shen arrested. The regime's fear is related to its bloody tyranny of dozens of years and its persecution of Falun Gong.

The blossoming of Udumbara flowers signals one of the various celestial changes. Looking back at history, people might discover that many prophecies are related to today's Fa-rectification. For example, a book of prophecies book called Notes Left by Ge An (Gyeokamyurok), by Mr. Nan Shigu (Nam Sa-go, also called Ge An,1509~1571), came to people's knowledge in 1986 in South Korea. This is a book relating fantastic miracles. The book describes that the "Lord of All Heavenly Kings," namely, the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel (people also call him Buddha Maitreya, or the Great Sage), would come to the human world to spread a great law.

In the Plum Blossom Poem, Mr. Shao Yong of the Southern Song Dynasty revealed important heavenly secrets about the opening of the gates of heavens; gods and Buddhas making oaths to come to the earth with Lord Buddha; the spread of Dafa, and the renewal of the cosmos.

The Back Pushing Diagrams prophecy by Li Chunfeng and Yuan Tiangang Inscription Prophecy in Tang Dynasty, the Pancake Song prophecy as well as the prophecy of "Stone Tablet Inscription in Taibai Mountain of Shaanxi Province" by Liu Bowen during the Ming Dynasty, and other prophecies - all of these tell a similar story.

Full link here: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/10/24/90814.html

This is just blatantly wrong.

The udumbara tree belongs to the Ficus family, and as for all figs, the flowers are enclosed within its fruits.

The 3000 year myth comes from a lack of botanical knowledge at that time. In fact, there are udumbara flowers every year, quite plenty of them.

Ask some botanicians if you wish. And at least confirm some genetical links to these allegedly found flowers of a tree that already flowers.

Secondly, quote the sutras and passages that you/clearwisdom.net use as a basis for this "singaling of the Holy King".

Most of us other don't believe things very easily, even if it suits our magical beliefs.

In another thread you wrote:

FG is simply a phenomenal practice and was prophesiced by Swedenborg, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, the Bible, Buddhism, Ge An etc etc.

After you study the prophecies and try the practice all your doubts will be shattered.

Well, in that case maybe you have no predestined connection to FG and you will stay in your practice. I will not slander your practice of course. Everyone must do what his heart tells him to do.

I'm pretty sure they are not prophesized by these western sources. I know my Bible quite well - tell me what prophecies in there? Give us the direct verses.

Nostradamus, do the same - provide us with the passages.

There is no such thing as predestination. Fate is malleable and beings can change their paths through merit, wisdom and questioning their own dogmas. If predestination is brought into the picture, then somebody could be predestined to start believing in a system with a 100 million followers, although it is wrong, and because of predestination, praise the system because of the wonderful apparent results and be unable to questions her own experiences/beliefs?

All the best.

M

(Clearwisdom.net) Legends hold that Udumbara flowers blossom only once every three thousand years. Remarkably, they have been seen blossoming in recent years, bringing the legend to life for many in various regions of the world, to the great delight and surprise of the thousands who have seen them.

Udumbara blossoms were first recently seen in South Korea in 1997. The flowers were subsequently found in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Northern California, New York, and Texas. What does the blossoming of Udumbara flowers mean?

Udumbara flowers found in Mr. Lin's Houston, Texas home

Udumbara flowers found on the face of a Bodhisattva statue in the Sumi Zen Temple in Suncheon, South Korea.

Buddhist Sutras Reveal A Heavenly Secret

According to the Buddhist sutras, the Sanskrit word "Udumbara" means "an auspicious flower from heaven." Volume 8 of the Buddhist scripture Huilin Phonetics and Interpretation says, "Udumbara is the product of ominous and supernatural phenomena; it is a celestial flower and does not exist in the mundane world. If a Tathagata or King of the Golden Wheel appears in the human world, these flowers will manifest due to their great virtue and blessings."

So, based on Buddhist sutras, the blossoming of Udumbara flowers signals that the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel has come to the human world. In other words, Buddha Sakyamuni had long ago foretold people the heavenly secret that Udumbara flowers would bloom when the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel spreads his Law to save people.

According to Buddhist scriptures, the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel, like a Buddha, embodies 32 manifestations and seven treasures. He is an ideal king who rules the world by turning the Wheel that rectifies the Dharma through justice instead of by force. Regardless of one's religious affiliation - Buddhism, Christianity or any other - anyone who offers compassion to people will have the opportunity to meet the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel.

The Chinese Communist regime-controlled news media in China have for the first time reported the blossoming of Udumbara flowers. The Communist regime seems to thereby silently admit the truth of the Buddhist scriptures, and acknowledge the existence of Buddha. This is contradictory to what the they have propagated about "superstition" and "atheism."

However, the regime has become quite fearful since learning of the discovery of Udumbara flowers on the mailbox of Falun Gong practitioner Shen Zhaohui in Dehui City, Jilin Province. Communist officials ordered that Shen's home be ransacked and Shen arrested. The regime's fear is related to its bloody tyranny of dozens of years and its persecution of Falun Gong.

The blossoming of Udumbara flowers signals one of the various celestial changes. Looking back at history, people might discover that many prophecies are related to today's Fa-rectification. For example, a book of prophecies book called Notes Left by Ge An (Gyeokamyurok), by Mr. Nan Shigu (Nam Sa-go, also called Ge An,1509~1571), came to people's knowledge in 1986 in South Korea. This is a book relating fantastic miracles. The book describes that the "Lord of All Heavenly Kings," namely, the Holy King Who Turns the Wheel (people also call him Buddha Maitreya, or the Great Sage), would come to the human world to spread a great law.

In the Plum Blossom Poem, Mr. Shao Yong of the Southern Song Dynasty revealed important heavenly secrets about the opening of the gates of heavens; gods and Buddhas making oaths to come to the earth with Lord Buddha; the spread of Dafa, and the renewal of the cosmos.

The Back Pushing Diagrams prophecy by Li Chunfeng and Yuan Tiangang Inscription Prophecy in Tang Dynasty, the Pancake Song prophecy as well as the prophecy of "Stone Tablet Inscription in Taibai Mountain of Shaanxi Province" by Liu Bowen during the Ming Dynasty, and other prophecies - all of these tell a similar story.

Full link here: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/10/24/90814.html

This is just blatantly wrong.

The udumbara tree belongs to the Ficus family, and as for all figs, the flowers are enclosed within its fruits.

The 3000 year myth comes from a lack of botanical knowledge at that time. In fact, there are udumbara flowers every year, quite plenty of them.

Ask some botanicians if you wish. And at least confirm some genetical links to these allegedly found flowers of a tree that already flowers.

Secondly, quote the sutras and passages that you/clearwisdom.net use as a basis for this "singaling of the Holy King".

Most of us other don't believe things very easily, even if it suits our magical beliefs.

In another thread you wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are not prophesized by these western sources. I know my Bible quite well - tell me what prophecies in there? Give us the direct verses.

Nostradamus, do the same - provide us with the passages.

There is no such thing as predestination. Fate is malleable and beings can change their paths through merit, wisdom and questioning their own dogmas. If predestination is brought into the picture, then somebody could be predestined to start believing in a system with a 100 million followers, although it is wrong, and because of predestination, praise the system because of the wonderful apparent results and be unable to questions her own experiences/beliefs?

All the best.

M

About the Udumbara flowers I can not say anything more than what the articles say, authorities say that indeed it is flowerring and it has not happened before.

Of course the Udumbara flowers referred to are not inside the fruits but are visible like the ones in the prophecy. They are seen on Buddha statues etc, blossoming on their own without any tree or inside any fruit. This is supposed to happen once in 3000 years.

About the other prophecies, in due time(when I have more time) I will present all the analyzes. Ie the Nostradamus analysis was even done by Master Li when the persecution started in 1999-07-20.

Of course, anyone is free to believe or do anything he wants to.

About predestination, I believe it is not part of this thread.

However, I believe it refers to the fact that some people absolutely not will believe in FG. It also refers to their karmic part I believe. A person with a massive karma, in case he accepts some parts of FG he will need to destroy some parts of himself. If he believes all of it he will be completely destroyed. Hence he will reject it. FG is about raising frequency and it is painful for most of us.

Therefore, the people coming to practice FG are predestined to have a lot of the white substance, virtue, or else they usually can not support the pain from karma elimination.

This is outside the scope of this thread and it is only my personal beliefs at my current level of wisdom.

A TV report about the Udumbara flowers:

PS: Unseen flowers

The flowers of the udumbara are enclosed within its fruit, as in all figs (see "Fig pollination and fig fruit"). Because the flower is hidden inside the fruit, a legend developed to explain the absence (and supposed rarity) of the visual flower: in Buddhist mythology, the flower was said to bloom only once every 3,000 years, and thus came to symbolize events of rare occurrence.[1] Allusions to this symbolism can be found in texts such as Theravada Buddhism's Uraga Sutta (Sn 1.1, v. 5)[4] and Mahayana Buddhism's "Lotus Sutra," both described further below.

Edited by Gauss

Thanks for the link.

This one clarifies the matter a bit more:

In addition - why would a fig species evolve with two kinds of flowers, one that blooms every three thousand years? Genetically/evolutionally it doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for the link.

This one clarifies the matter a bit more:

In addition - why would a fig species evolve with two kinds of flowers, one that blooms every three thousand years? Genetically/evolutionally it doesn't make any sense.

Yes, this is special. Appreciation and attentiveness about the prophecies is rare. Nevertheless very underestimated in my opinion.

Wow, that definitely sounds oppressive; do you have a source for that information?

Hey sup', did you get the flowers I sent you?

I know I know, a bit too flashy an entrance for someone who will change this world forever! but it makes perfect sense that my arrival is signalled this way.

Anyway, if you need me I'll be turning my wheel, laters.

Its a nice story Gauss, but it has nothing that convinces me of it authenticity as having any holy or spiritual meaning, sorry.

Everyone must make his own decision. You are free to believe in anything except FG in China... That is no coincidence either..

Everyone must make his own decision. You are free to believe in anything except FG in China... That is no coincidence either..

But just because 1 belief system is seen as a threat by another, doesn't make it true. Christians were persecuted in Japan in the past, hasn't made the bible anymore legit, just saying but believe as you like.

But just because 1 belief system is seen as a threat by another, doesn't make it true. Christians were persecuted in Japan in the past, hasn't made the bible anymore legit, just saying but believe as you like.

Everyone enlightens to his level and truth..

I wouldn't worry too much about it Gauss, just because technically speaking they are not allowed to believe it or practice it, it doesn't mean they don't.

There's a group of 'falun gongers' that are old ladies that practice it in the park near me, in broad daylight. They don't give a f***. Now that's a real woman!!!

The sutras plainly use these ancient beliefs in poetry and metaphor. It's not an article of faith in Buddhism that, say, the ground floats on a layer of water, which in turn rests on a later of wind, etc. Buddhism doesn't concern itself with dictating empirical facts, but what can be deduced about the workings of the mind from observation alone without making prior assumptions. The former simply isn't the focus of Buddhism itself as a religion and an intellectual tradition. That stuff is up to practitioners to discover for themselves.

Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with people. Are Buddhists aware that we're supposed to be striving for true omniscience, no matter what knowledge such a lofty goal may require, or are we just letting the maras lead us deeper and deeper into the pits of ignorance?

PS. In fact, the Buddha explicitly says so in the Simsapa Sutta, that he's not a teacher of the sciences or anything else but the dhamma.

Edited by nac

"Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know his return is very near, right at the door. - Matthew 24.32

I am a true agnostic, and thereby I do not understand Religious Teachings such as :

- Bhuddism : all Life is suffering and the main goal is to be free from suffering...

- Christianity : all Life is sinful and the main goal is to accept He that died for all the sinners...

- Islam : all Life is rejecting all other Religions and the main goal is to live by the Koran...

Etc....

By the way : the word religion is from a Latin term : " relegere "

which means to carefully take another look :excl:

Can you then tell me if you agree with the message of the celestial flower?

And should earthly flowers stay in their habitat?

3deedit

Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with people. Are Buddhists aware that we're supposed to be striving for true omniscience, no matter what knowledge such a lofty goal may require, or are we just letting the maras lead us deeper and deeper into the pits of ignorance?

I agree with this conclusion. Life is an eternal reality and therefore all intelligent life is here to

accept the fact that Nature is too beautiful not to be true.

So, striving for an ecological way of living

is the right TAO...

3deedit

Edited by 3deedit

I agree with this conclusion. Life is an eternal reality and therefore all intelligent life is here to

accept the fact that Nature is too beautiful not to be true.

So, striving for an ecological way of living

is the right TAO...

Er, no. Actually, I don't believe in the existence of "nature". That may not have been quite what I meant, but at least we agree on something. :)

Er, no. Actually, I don't believe in the existence of "nature". That may not have been quite what I meant, but at least we agree on something. :)

I define Nature as in a tree : it gives us, humans, the oxygen to breathe...

So it that way it is an axiom.. I think so i exist and i breath so the tree exists...;)

So it that way it is an axiom.. I think so i exist and i breath so the tree exists...;)

Yes but you see, I don't believe in the practice of accepting axioms that do not give us definite results, such as useful distinctions which cannot otherwise be made. For example, I'm not a solipsist because, by accepting the existence of other minds, it is possible to make intersubjectively verified observations in scientific experiments. By tabulating this data and carefully applying time-tested methods of induction, it is possible to draw certain definite conclusions. These conclusions then culminate in results that are vindicated by pure subjective experience to an astonishing degree, such as by producing jet aircraft and modern medicine. This justifies my earlier axiom that other consciousness-bearing devices exist which perceive the world in ways similar to myself: http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=106468&start=0#p2643996 (just this one post)

Since assuming "nature" doesn't help us in a like manner AFAICT, assuming it as an axiom just for the sake of placing it at the root of our conceptual tree, then turning around and attempting to live by this "nature" that we've assumed without cause looks suspiciously like idealistic self-deception to me. I could be wrong, but it reminds me too much of the ontological argument. Start by defining ambiguous terms like: existence is "better" than non-existence. It logically follows that, since God is the singular monad which is the best of the best, he must therefore exist: http://vacuouswastrel.wordpress.com/2010/07/18/the-ontological-argument/ I'm a hardened skeptic when it comes to vague axioms like this. It's possible to defend just about any worldview by accepting an ill-defined notion with no direct counterpart in that-which-really-exists as an axiom.

Besides, why should I do this when I have viable alternatives? I visualize your tree as a decentralized web, with no node or branch being apotheosized into the unshakable root of all being, except the very idea of eliminating unnecessary axioms, which results in this web-like view.

Yes but you see, I don't believe in the practice of accepting axioms that do not give us definite results, such as useful distinctions which cannot otherwise be made.

One Planet Earth, One Water Satellite called Moon, One Life Bearer called Sun

More than those three are not needed as axioms :blink:

One Planet Earth, One Water Satellite called Moon, One Life Bearer called Sun

More than those three are not needed as axioms :blink:

To be perfectly honest, I don't agree with your use of the number "one" in this context either. :P

Just to be clear, I mean no disrespect. Your convictions are your own at the end of the day, unless you: 1) make an error in logic, or 2) make a claim leading to empirically testable conclusions that are repeatedly falsified in scientific experiments conducted by multiple, independent consciousness-bearing systems. :P For example, if someone were to argue that god-fearing societies produce higher standards of living than atheistic cultures, which is demonstrably false. In that case however, I'm afraid one opens oneself to ridicule.

The rest of my post reflects nothing more than my own preferences and personal standards of efficiency. How to organize those concepts which survive this onslaught of rationality is merely a matter of housekeeping, hence almost entirely subjective. This is why metaphysical arguments can never be definitively resolved by means of argumentation, due to their very nature.

Actually, I'd have to add one more provisio to the list: 3) Completeness. A view that fully encapsulates yours, but reasons further beyond it in more depth and greater detail can help you reach your own goals better than the one you currently hold, provided that the more sophisticated view is (at least) as rigorous, well-formulated and well-reasoned as your present view.

Edited by nac

Pardon me, I'm up late ranting pseudointellectual psychobabble again. I'm off.

Back on topic, please. About how, er... a Chakravartin Wheel-Turning Emperor of the universe is here on earth.

By the way : the word religion is from a Latin term : " relegere "

which means to carefully take another look :excl:

Um... nope. It comes from the Latin "religare," which means "to reconnect what has been disconnected." The origin of the idea that humanity has been "disconnected" and needs to "reconnect" to the divine is very ancient. According to Mircea Eliade, the most influential authority on indigenous/shamanic cultures and their beliefs, all mythologies of all peoples on Earth contain in some shape or form a story of humans and gods communicating freely and directly at one time. They often mention, pretty much everywhere, Siberia to Africa to the South Pacific Islands, a luminous celestial body that was bridged to the earth so gods came down and humans went up --

which one day took off and disappeared, with dire effects for the humanity. Practices of "reconnection" were developed everywhere in an attempt to rebuild that bridge, reestablish that connection -- "religare."

Institutionalized "religion" capitalized on this genuine and valid drive by cunningly and skillfully slipping in its own fabricated messages and falsified duties and obligations to the usurpers of divinity who are anything but. So "taking another look" is also a good idea... and if you are looking to connect to the divine rather than to an "established" church, you are actually looking in the right place. However, if you are connected to the "there's nothing divine" dogma of "modern science" instead, keep in mind that it is merely another false institutionalized religion, with duties and obligations amounting to believing and acting in full submission to whoever happens to be in power!