Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Dream Recording Benefits

I'm almost finsihed reading Dreamscape and have also been recording my dreams for the last couple of days.

-Was wondering if anyone who records dreams would be willing to share their experiences and the benefits that they recieved from recording and interpreting their dreams?

Edited by Tao Apprentice

I'm almost finsihed reading Dreamscape and have also been recording my dreams for the last couple of days.

-Was wondering if anyone who records dreams would be willing to share their experiences and the benefits that they recieved from recording and interpreting their dreams?

Hm you get a full grasp of how the dream may come to be.. Not the story, more like.. One dream may actually repeat over and over in sequences before its actually fully experienced.

When you read over your dreams and began to recognize them for what they are, aswell as remember them you'll begin to learn while still in them...

Also found it cool your in florida, I'll be there in 3 days ^_^

Maintaining a Dream Diary will help you remember your dreams better. It is a necessary step in Lucid Dreaming (or Dream Yoga)...

When I was practicing Lucid Dreaming, remembering my dreams was a big issue (I was following Carlos Castaneda's Dream incubation techniques at that time)...maintaining the dream journal helped. It also helped in setting up the dreaming (before going to bed) and incubation process itself.

The kind of dreams I had were mainly three types --

1) Dreams of flying

2) Symbolic dreams:

Eg: being surrounded by tigers (being stalked by tigers), with one specific white tiger taking sound interest in me. I think it was my Tai Chi master, who has a very strong interest in tigers, especially white tigers. As it turns out, I met him about an year after that...and it also turns out that his spirit guide is a White Tiger (which I learned many years later).

3) Teachings:

I have had dreams in which I have been taught Tai Chi/Chi Gung movements by an Old Taoist Master (don't know who -- but it was for certain a Taoist Master...old Chinese man, with taoist garbs, white hair (with the taoist top-knot) and beard...

I have had conversations with Sadhus (Hindu hermits) in great detail and have been given Mantras and mudras in the process.

All of these helped me get over a very difficult time in my life and also solidify my practice and interest in esoteric practices.

Maintaining a Dream Diary will help you remember your dreams better. It is a necessary step in Lucid Dreaming (or Dream Yoga)...

When I was practicing Lucid Dreaming, remembering my dreams was a big issue (I was following Carlos Castaneda's Dream incubation techniques at that time)...maintaining the dream journal helped. It also helped in setting up the dreaming (before going to bed) and incubation process itself.

The kind of dreams I had were mainly three types --

1) Dreams of flying

2) Symbolic dreams:

Eg: being surrounded by tigers (being stalked by tigers), with one specific white tiger taking sound interest in me. I think it was my Tai Chi master, who has a very strong interest in tigers, especially white tigers. As it turns out, I met him about an year after that...and it also turns out that his spirit guide is a White Tiger (which I learned many years later).

3) Teachings:

I have had dreams in which I have been taught Tai Chi/Chi Gung movements by an Old Taoist Master (don't know who -- but it was for certain a Taoist Master...old Chinese man, with taoist garbs, white hair (with the taoist top-knot) and beard...

I have had conversations with Sadhus (Hindu hermits) in great detail and have been given Mantras and mudras in the process.

All of these helped me get over a very difficult time in my life and also solidify my practice and interest in esoteric practices.

Yeah I've heard the one most important reason to record dreams is to learn the celestial teachings.. If anything.

Edited by NeiChuan

Sign in to follow this