Sign in to follow this  
SheepishLord

"Bill's work..."

Bill is in Shanghai right now spending time with Master Nan and lecturing at a major Chinese university--in Chinese. :shock:

He should be back in a month or so.

Before he left, I showed him this board and how many of you are raving about the practices that he relates via his website and publishing company.

He said that when he gets back he will produce a text and audio course exclusively for Taoists. No talk of Buddhism. 8) He will also sell it for cost. :D

This is a very generous offer. Master Nan is the only living authority on Chinese Taoism. I realize you may find this statement rather bold, but then you haven't read this book he wrote in Chinese called "The Story of Chinese Taoism" that explains everything. Bill had this book translated into English. It has not been published but I have a copy.

This sort of material will be included in the course.

Cool!! Good Work!

Put this thought in his ear: America NEEDS a good sex book. It would be a fantastic seller for him too. He could write it in the spirit of Beautiful Skin--covering aspects of true spiritual development in addition to tips and tricks. It would be very mainstream. Make sure the title is as good as "multiorgasmic couple" and the title will take care of the sales.

Bill is a brilliant teacher, able to capture essential points and communicate them in a way that's easy to understand. I would love for him to put together a tourguide of Taoist esoteria.

-Yoda

AWESOME!!GOOD JOB!!I knew if is I stuck to reading your chaotic posts long enough it would pay off and you have connected us all to a really good resource. I hope you get alot of merit from making us all aware of Bodri and Master Nan.

Deep Bow

I thought you bought his "Measuring meditation..."

In that book you will find all you need to know about the subject. spit.gif

are you talkin' to me?

are YOU talkin' to ME?

I havent gotten "measuring" but it is at the top of my list after I finish my detoxification..bro

P Diddy,

Bill is selling the Story of Chinese Taoism on his site right now. Is the new stuff he is going to put together something beyond this?

If you had to pick between the story of Chinese Taoism or Measuring spiritual realization for meditation instruction which would you choose? Does the info Bill present go beyong Master Nan's 2 volumes on practice or is everything basically in Master Nan's work?

From Bill's latest email newsletter:

"....so we’ll try producing several sets of teaching lectures on Taoist cultivation,

Esoteric School cultivation, Medieval Western Alchemy (this is cool stuff because

it matches EXACTLY with Eastern cultivation, proving once again the path is

nondenominational), anti-aging methods through science, nutrition and meditation,

and the various stages of the spiritual path."

Anyone wanting to subscribe to the newsletter can do so here

http://www.meditationexpert.com/articles.html

Thanks to Plato (and Bill).

But of course I wouldn't be me without pointing out one bit of disagreement with the Sheepish Lord.

"Master Nan is the only living authority on Chinese Taoism".

Uh, I think not. (And it is just this sort of hyperbole that tends to undercut your more thoughtful statements).

For instance, followers of Wang Li-ping might disagree with you (see, e.g., Opening the Dragon Gate). And I'm pretty sure a guy like Thomas Cleary could name a few living authorities (and I tend to trust Mr. Cleary in these matters).

In fact, enlightened beings being both knowledgable and humble, I suspect Master Nan might even disagree.

But it's nice to know he's made an impression.

Be well,

spyrelx

Spyrelx,

As a matter of fact, Thomas Cleary did say that Master Nan is the only living authority on Chinese Taoism. When Bill hired him to do translation work, he was literally floored by Master Nan and wondered why nobody ever heard of him outside of China.

So while you think, I know.

Well, maybe you are right: you think not! ROTFLAMOC

1.gif

-Plato

I'm astounded that Cleary would say this guy is the ONLY living authority. But if you know this for a fact, who am I to argue?

Good pun by the way.

Oh, and for my own (further) edification, what's ROTFLAMOC? (don't worry, I already assume it's a friendly insult)

Sign in to follow this