Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy

Thanks as ever Marblehead.

This makes me feel better having been fairly useless all my life.

Thanks as ever Marblehead.

This makes me feel better having been fairly useless all my life.

Hehehe. Belly laughs!!!

We need be cautious when reading this chapter because we still need be useful to ourselves as well as to others when possible. It is just that we must not allow others to misuse us so that our fullness is reduced.

The main point is to not allow ourselves to be used (and misused) to the extent that our original nature is destroyed.

But you go ahead on. Hehehe. If you are useless I promise you that people will leave you alone most of the time.

Peace & Love!

Thank you, Marblehead! I have been slowly going back over your previous threads in this series and find them all very rewarding.

And I thank you. And Lao Tzu thanks you. And Chuang Tzu thanks you.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

But you go ahead on. Hehehe. If you are useless I promise you that people will leave you alone most of the time.

Peace & Love!

That's the idea :)

:D

I have to confess, however, that I haven't (yet...) read "Inner Chapters", other than in snippets within other readings. Clearly, I am still near the begining of my path...

I would suggest that what a person has read has nothing to do with where they are along their path. I am sure you, as well as all of us, are exactly where we are supposed to be at any given point in time.

Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu both spoke of the ancients who had found the Tao and, of course, Taoist philosophy didn't even exist back then.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this