admin

What would YOU ask Chunyi Lin?

I'm going to do an email interview with Chunyi Lin, creator of Spring Forest Qigong, and I need your help. (Actually he doesn't do email, the interview will be through a liaison who will print the email and do the interview in person with him. :))

I'd like to ask the community here to help me come up with interesting, respectful questions for this interview.

So any of you that practice, have practiced, or have considered practicing SFQ, or anyone even just curious about this style of qigong or Chunyi Li himself, please fire away right here in this topic.

Let's try to come up with real, sincere questions from the heart. We have a unique group here, cultivating on many different levels. I'm excited to see the kind of interview questions we'll come up with.

Together we can organize the best questions from this topic and I will email them and post his responses here. (I'm also planning to email the whole TTB list a link to the interview, as I think this is pretty cool and noteworthy).

Thanks!

Sean

Sean,

I'd be interested to know if Master Lin knows anything about ending the cycle of rebirth, and if so which practices are most effective for that goal.

I'd like to know his stance on the concept of fusing together the yin and yang energies: "yin yang gong"; the possible ramifications. Awesome opportunity!

Edited by fizix

I'd like to ask him how much royalties he pays to Drew for the blanket advertising of his system in all of Drew's posts. :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Great work getting the interview with such an esteemed Master. I like to keep things simple and practical.

I'd ask:

What are 3 simple things we should do each day?

Michael

First ask him if he want's to answer a bunch of clueless questions from people that don't practice his system.

Edited by Starjumper7

Why does he not go to the biggest names in scepticism of things like "chi", and prove to them once and for all "chi" is an actual energy and force.

Thus ending this silly debate and really spreading the word on the effectiveness and healing powers of "chi". Benefiting everyone on the planet, as they now have no more scepticism of "chi" and practice his system everyday full heatedly.

I would suggest "Michael Shermer" Or "Derren Brown".

Why does he not go to the biggest names in scepticism of things like "chi", and prove to them once and for all "chi" is an actual energy and force.

Thus ending this silly debate and really spreading the word on the effectiveness and healing powers of "chi". Benefiting everyone on the planet, as they now have no more scepticism of "chi" and practice his system everyday full heatedly.

I would suggest "Michael Shermer" Or "Derren Brown".

He knows not to do that; karma is a mysterious force.

"First ask him if he want's to answer a bunch of clueless questions from people that don't practice his system. "

I don't think Chunyi Li would have a problem answering sincere questions from spiritual practitioners, regardless of whether or not they practice his system....

Edited by fizix

Does he believe we are all part of a monist "God," or all empty (dependent origination)?

Can you ask him from a Spiritual and Healing Qigong point of view what are the steps a person has to take from A to Z (or as close to Z as he has reached).

In other words if he had to write down a program, or illustrate a time-lapse of the ultimate goal, could he explain what the individual Levels are eg:

A: Establish False Dan Tian

B: Circulate Ren & Du

C: Open 12 Yin / Yang Channels

D: Open remaining 6 Extra Channels

E: Open Chong Mai

F: Merge Kan with Li

G: Move Qi/Shen to the Brain

H: Open Third Eye

I: Eat Lots Of Gummy Bears

J: Date Lots of Japanese Girls

K: Etc.

One of the major problems i'm having is that, i have a lot of detailed information about the different processes from different schools and their respective masters, but have yet to have someone come out and say; THIS is the ultimate goal, these are the steps that must be taken, these are the specific things that must be done, this is how it needs to be nurtured, this is what to expect at each level, these will be the most common manifestations at each level, this is how to maintain each level (so u don't drop down a level), this is how to get back up to a level in case you do etc.

I have understood as much as my brain can right now of the Neijing Tu, but i wish someone could give me a road-map so i didn't feel so so lost, like a man of a 1000 trades, but a master of none.

I wish there was something i could follow from A to Z for the rest of my life, with Z being (at least) a conscious soul/spirit, detached of the cycle of reincarnation, but still able to come back to the physical realm. A soul that can retain its past memories, so that if one life time is not enough in uniting with Tao, that i might continue from where i left off in the next and not be reset.

Biggest worry for me is << starting all over again << it has been hard enough for me to find the correct information for what i know so far over the years. God forbid i am reborn in the 1920s in America or England or some place far removed from the influence of eastern energetic philosophy, my life would be empty (from a Qigong point of view): no offence to the American/English crowd :closedeyes:: ) :wub:

I know this it may not be something that can be answered there and then. So perhaps maybe if he was willing to consider creating a roadmap for the people who use his system and/or for everyone else, because true masters and people who know what they are really doing are so rare, i don't want to be stuck doing MCO all my life like a goddamn fool.

Thanx :lol:

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

He knows not to do that; karma is a mysterious force.

oh please :rolleyes::lol:

admin, can you ask him that and if he gives the same answer as above, so be it I guess. But I'd like to know his reason.

My questions for him are:

1. SFQ is generally advertised as a medical qigong system. So what is the Alchemy part of SFQ? Is it limited to physical and mental health or is aimed at Kan & Li, fusion and other stages of alchemy?

2. What is his opinion on Kundalini and practices that try to pro-actively awaken Kundalini?

3. What is his idea of Enlightenment, if he believes there is such a state? And does his SFQ system take one there by itself?

4. If one were to practice only one exercise from his system, which would it be and is it by chance the small orbit?

5. Does he recommend reverse breathing all the time or frequently i.e. even when not doing SFQ exercises.

6. What is the importance of transmission in his practice? Not needed, comes with the video/audio or it is better to get one from him at a seminar to enhance the quality of one's practice.

7. What is his take on water method vs fire method? Does his system fall into the category of fire method mainly?

8. For those that cannot achieve the lotus posture, is there an alternative that can give the same benefit?

Edited by Raymond Wolter

an actual quote to add to the "full lotus" debate(s) could be ammusing too :)
Excellent question! I'd love to hear HIS technical opinion on why full-lotus is the most efficient position for neidan?

Also, what is his ultimate goal? Enlightenment, yang shen immortality, remerging with the Tao? And what did Yan Xin and his teacher achieve?

And - many say that having sex a few days before or after qigong practice is bad for your health. Could he explain the precise mechanism for why exactly this is? (I've heard very vague reasoning before...but not a precise one yet?)

Ok, while we're at that - do women also lose jing or qi when they have sex or orgasm? Or is it only men?

Can you ask him from a Spiritual and Healing Qigong point of view what are the steps a person has to take from A to Z (or as close to Z as he has reached).

In other words if he had to write down a program, or illustrate a time-lapse of the ultimate goal, could he explain what the individual Levels are eg:

I wish there was something i could follow from A to Z for the rest of my life, with Z being (at least) a conscious soul/spirit, detached of the cycle of reincarnation, but still able to come back to the physical realm.

His answer to that will be ridiculously simple.

1. BUY MY PROGRAM, then

2. Follow it.

Ta dah done.

Michael

Well I'd like to ask a question but it kind of would be cheating since I would want to ask a question based on specific details given out in his classes, etc. To be honest usually when I'm in Chunyi Lin's presence I forget all my questions because there's this amazingly powerful blissful magnetic and light energy field around him that fills the room and inside you so then questions are forgotten. The last two things Chunyi Lin said to me were: "Drew is a healer" and "I'll keep an eye on you." That was back in 2005 or so.

Still I've enjoyed reading peoples' various questions and I'm really excited about this interview!! This is an awesome opportunity!!

Just so people know there is a "Q and A" forum at the company which markets Chunyi Lin's qigong for him --

http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=9&page=1

The answers are not given by Chunyi Lin but by one of the employees at the company who attends many of Chunyi Lin's retreats and conferences and works with Chunyi Lin for organizing conferences and marketing, etc.

I've never posted on that forum simply because again I had the opportunity to ask Chunyi Lin many questions since I took his classes several times -- I took level 1 and 2 probably 4 times each and then I took Level three maybe 3 times and then Level 4 twice. I did the Level 4 retreat as a weekend but now Chunyi Lin does Level 4 as a week long retreat which would be really awesome. He does the Level 4 retreat up at Lake Superior since he says the energy up there is really excellent. I did the Level 3 weekend retreat as well.

Chunyi Lin says you can take the classes for the information but that's not the same as being at the practice level of the classes. So the classes are set up so people can fly in for an extended weekend and then take Level 1 and 2 back to back. Then Chunyi Lin recommends practicing for 3 months (a gong) before taking Level 3 which is focused on opening the third eye -- that's when he touches peoples' foreheads to transmit energy into the center of the brain. Level 4 -- the rainbow meditation -- is focused on the deep bone healing. Chunyi Lin says he could teach another 10 levels but those first 4 levels are plenty enough for people to practice on.

In the Level 4 retreat he shared how once when he was in deep meditation in the mountains of China and in full lotus next to a pine tree he spiraled up 3 meters -- levitating.

At the Level 3 retreat I asked Chunyi Lin if he had created the yang physical body. He said once after he meditated in his house he was told later that people had seen him outside physically as a person. So he indicated he had created a yang physical body but he was not aware that he did so -- this is similar to what H.W.L. Poonjaji did when he created multiple physical bodies, described in the biography: Nothing Ever Happened by David Godman.

Basically though the real teaching from Chunyi Lin is done through the energy transmissions. When I trained the hardest back in the second half of 2000 I attended the Level 3 retreat after having fasted for a week on just a half glass of water. So then I went up to Chunyi Lin -- I had been in the back of the large conference room -- actually more like a sanctuary since it was church retreat center out in the woods. Anyway I asked Chunyi Lin this question:

"What should I do?"

He said:

"Let me read your aura"

Then he went into the emptiness -- he does this for on the spot long distance healing, etc. You can kind of tell -- he focuses his mind for a second and you can tell he's gone into a trance.

So then he shared some private information to me.

I should add that Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance also would joke with me -- based on telepathy. So when they did say something to me often it would be in reference to something that I thought was private to myself. haha.

Anyway so I pondered what Chunyi Lin had told me since it always seems to have several layers of meanings.

Then I went back to my chair to finish the break after Chunyi Lin read my aura and said a few brief words to me and meanwhile Chunyi Lin then left the room. I'm waiting patiently in my chair. Suddenly the MIDDLE of my brain just turns on fire and starts increasing and increasing in heat.

Now this is strange -- Chunyi Lin just read my aura. I didn't tell him that I had fasted for 7 days on half a glass of water!! haha. But I knew that he knew. Now I was experiencing a MAJOR energy transmission after Chunyi Lin left the room right after he read my aura.

Chunyi Lin says he likes the retreats best because he's with the students for extended time in the same place so he can have more time to focus on opening up our energy centers.

Edited by drewhempel
  • Like 1

I would ask Chunyi Lin about the significance of reverse breathing. Also, will embryonic breathing arise naturally through the practice?

I was also wondering about the different energies involved (using Chia's terminology): the connection with heavenly energy is certainly there in the harmony of the universe active exercise where you receive energy from above. And cosmic energy is associated with the third eye, as far as I know. But in the system there is no explicit focus on earth energy or rooting, although the standing pose will provide some of that.

Since AFAIK SFQ is not a complete system of alchemy, it is natural to ask which practices (from other systems) could safely complement it. This is probably out of the scope of the interview, since it would assume familiarity and experience with other systems. Perhaps Chunyi will decide to expand the system at some time.

I would ask him about his knowledge[abilities too] of Yan Xin since they studied with the same teacher. Also ask him his impression of John Chang and his abilities and if he is familiar with other high level cultivators. Sean Denty showed the Chang vid.. to Wang Liping and Lipng reportedly said ''His energy cultivation is high but not his enlightenment'' Whatever that means.

''His energy cultivation is high but not his enlightenment'' Whatever that means.

Not at all an attempt to derail this thread, just thought I'd offer up the story of Lu Tung-Pin, one of the Eight Immortals, who cultivated to a very deep level but never realized his own Emptiness.

balance.

Why does my qi projection produces a cold high pressure painful beam?

Can his projection method be used for self-defense?

What are the implications of using mudras based on the 5 element theory in our healings?

Edited by mike1234