ShaktiMama

Go to China!

Go to China and train with Master Duan Zhi Liang this winter.

http://www.gideonenz.com/China2010.html

He is my medical qigong and wuji qigong teacher, 106 years old, and the lineage heir. Well worth the trip to learn from a real master.

"Trained in his family's system of wuji (primordial chaos) qigong since the age of six, Master Duan has also mastered the internal arts of hsing-yi quan, baguazhang, and taiji, specializing in the use of the sword. Like his father and grandfather before him, master Duan is also a devout catholic and he has spent time in the Vatican training to be a member of the clergy."

Gideon, who is leading the trip, is a personal friend of mine. Not only is he a doctor of medical qigong but an instructor of yoga and other martial arts. He also adores Shakti. :) He is full on awake in the kundalini department. His sidddhi is direct knowledge/insight into different martial arts/spiritual traditions. He is an awesome resource to talk with and fun to be around. It's rare to find an expert in Daoist medical qigong and yoga. He is also a herbalist.

He was the main editor for Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson's Medical Qigong books.

I hated flying over there but I might consider doing it again for this.

Love,

Susan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA

Go to China and train with Master Duan Zhi Liang this winter.

http://www.gideonenz.com/China2010.html

He is my medical qigong and wuji qigong teacher, 106 years old, and the lineage heir. Well worth the trip to learn from a real master.

"Trained in his family's system of wuji (primordial chaos) qigong since the age of six, Master Duan has also mastered the internal arts of hsing-yi quan, baguazhang, and taiji, specializing in the use of the sword. Like his father and grandfather before him, master Duan is also a devout catholic and he has spent time in the Vatican training to be a member of the clergy."

Gideon, who is leading the trip, is a personal friend of mine. Not only is he a doctor of medical qigong but an instructor of yoga and other martial arts. He also adores Shakti. :) He is full on awake in the kundalini department. His sidddhi is direct knowledge/insight into different martial arts/spiritual traditions. He is an awesome resource to talk with and fun to be around. It's rare to find an expert in Daoist medical qigong and yoga. He is also a herbalist.

He was the main editor for Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson's Medical Qigong books.

I hated flying over there but I might consider doing it again for this.

Love,

Susan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA

His wife is half his age! Sweet.

Obrigado!

So inspiring... so inspiring, beautiful

Peace,

Rob

Edited by sifusufi

His wife is half his age! Sweet.

I believe "his wife of forty-five years" means they've been married for that period of time, not that she's 45.

While Hollywood stars routinely update their spouses just as feudal lords did in China, taoists generally despise the practice -- and catholics don't even allow it?.. -- and the master is both?.. --

so... however old his wife is, looks like he's stuck with the same wife he had when he was half his present age! :D

I believe "his wife of forty-five years" means they've been married for that period of time, not that she's 45.

While Hollywood stars routinely update their spouses just as feudal lords did in China, taoists generally despise the practice -- and catholics don't even allow it?.. -- and the master is both?.. --

so... however old his wife is, looks like he's stuck with the same wife he had when he was half his present age! :D

Master Duan sees no conflict between Daoisim and Christianity. He was at the Vatican studying for the priesthood when WW1 broke out and had to go home to China.

He is a big bundle of love, calling us his children when he taught. Tears would come to his eyes and his voice would choke up when he spoke of his love of God and for God's children. He gave us all crosses that he blessed for us to wear. He would spontaneously break out into song. As I have known for a long time, internal cultivation makes one happy. Chi makes one smile and laugh. He was proof to me. Being with him radically changed my ideas about what getting old is all about. What a mind!. Spoke 5 languages (english wasnt very good) and his intellect very sharp. Always had this smile on his face, laughing to himself.

When he would practice wuji I put my hand on his back and you feel the energy pulsing through him. He would touch you and even the next day the spot where he touched you would still be very warm.

He also smokes a pipe, eats anything he wants, ballroom dances, and drinks rice wine which is 150% proof alcohol. He loves the ladies in a very sweet loving way. A courtly gentleman that wears a cape and at times uses a cane.

He believed that negative emotions harmed the body, telling us of one of his patients who was in the hospital because of liver problems, "because she is very angry."

He can change the constitution of wine to water. He makes his sword fingers, points to the wine and in about 5 minutes the potency is much much less.

He taught us 8 hours a day, non stop except for a break for lunch for two weeks straight. We did about 4 hours of table work a day learning tui na.

There is automatic transmission just being around him and my chi levels and my healing and psychic abilities ramped up quite a bit just being with him.

I am trying to talk myself into talking that tedious plane ride back to Beijing. He won't be around too much longer.

A little on the rich side isn't it? 3600.00 plus travel to China and Visa so at the very least add another 1000.00. So, overall about 5k for a two week trip? What would one learn in a week with Master Duan? Does he speak English?

sigh, I must be totally stupid. I have no idea how to make that much extra money for a two week trip. I really must be stupid.

The irony is, if it was super cheap (and some Indian saints are) you could go there and see them, but you're visiting with a few hundred or thousand admirers, so the teaching isn't quite as powerful.

BaGua there are amazing people out there, some tour; keep your ears open and be willing to travel a few hours. If you want to be in the presence of a living saint(Indian Holy people tend to travel quite a bit), you can be. But on the bargain basement plan, you'll be in a big group. But so what, sometimes there teaching is there presence.

Michael

He can change the constitution of wine to water.

He and Jesus would make a great team. :D

Master Duan sees no conflict between Daoisim and Christianity.

I visited a catholic monastery in Peru where a magnificent fresco at the dining hall depicts the Last Supper with Jesus and the apostles being served a guinea pig for their meal and ayahuasca for their drink. Integration of indigenous and colonial religious beliefs doesn't surprise me, my question mark was an intonational marker, not an expression of disbelief.:)

Anyway... the master does sound wonderful. One word of caution for those who might want to fly to China: don't fly China Southern. I did it and it took me at least a week to recover from the fun -- their seats are toy-tiny and the spaces between the rows nonexistent (you start yearning to be magically transformed into a grasshopper so as to fold your knees backward, because forward there's no room for them at all), the person in front of you reclines his or her chair smack onto your chest and there's no escape. On the way back, China Air fared much better.

don't fly China Southern. I did it and it took me at least a week to recover from the fun -- their seats are toy-tiny and the spaces between the rows nonexistent (you start yearning to be magically transformed into a grasshopper so as to fold your knees backward, because forward there's no room for them at all), the person in front of you reclines his or her chair smack onto your chest and there's no escape.

Well, it is known that the southern style is more compact and for short-distance. Or am I confusing something here? :lol:

"Trained in his family's system of wuji (primordial chaos) qigong since the age of six.

Man i thought i was starting to learn about this stuff early at the age of 19. I feel like i'm already behind! :(

Man i thought i was starting to learn about this stuff early at the age of 19. I feel like i'm already behind! :(

Holding the bottle at a greater angle will pour more catchup. :D