Gauss

Prediction - who will make it and not...

My theory ...

Thanks for your time.

Nice vision.

Way too complicated for me though.

Peace & Love!

I have heard good things about the actual qigong practices that Falun Gong has. However, there is no doubt that it is a rather sinister cult with all that entails. I hope that you are one of those that have just stuck to the practices and stayed away from the rest. If not then I urge you to REALLY REALLY look into all the writings by ex members that detail the cultish aspects of the organization and the abusiveness they have encountered.

Nice vision.

Way too complicated for me though.

Peace & Love!

Thanks!

Zhen-Shan-Ren

This world has already been "rectified" to an extent of at least 95%. The Lord Buddha is doing this for us and he is cleaning the staircase from higher dimensions to lower dimensions(Udumbara prophecy etc)...

You lost me at Lord Buddha.

IMO(&admittedly limited study) the Buddha was a great man and teacher, with deep insights into the human psyche, but making him into a God is not just (again my opinion) wrong, but against the whole of his teaching. He lived, taught, ate bad pork, thus died of food poisoning.

He is as worthy a man who ever lived, but I don't think he was or wanted to be known as God. His writings and practices must stand on there own worth, not on any super natural platform.

I find it ironic the ultimate nondeist becomes a deity.

Michael

Gauss: why not practise ordinary qigong like Zhan Zhuang or similar? Falun Gong is not qigong in that they do not believe in qi but the body somehow is converted to a higher level. One of the exercises in Falun Gong is actually Zhan Zhuang.

qi (chee) In Chinese culture, it is believed to be "vital energy"; but compared with gong, it is a lower form of energy .
from http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lec_glo.html

gong means result/achievement in Chinese right? So this is incorrect?

Why not cultivate values according to Buddhism or Taoism?

Funny that you talk about Lord Buddha, when Falun Dafa is talking badly about Buddhism:

Dharma-ending Period According to Buddha Sakyamuni, Dharma-ending Period begins five hundred years after he passed away, and his Dharma could no longer save people thereafter.
from http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lec_glo.html. I wonder what the Buddhists say to that :)

In Buddhism they have exercises to cultivate compassion but none exists in Falun Dafa. How is this so when compassion is one of the three foundations in Falun Dafa?

Your words are all taken from the Falun Dafa material and not realized through your effort. In my opinion it is a cult not in money terms but in control in that Li Hongzhi is a the top and you will never surpass his level - since he can give fashen and you cannot:

Your illnesses will be cured directly by me. Those who practice at exercise sites will have my fashen to cure their illnesses.
from http://falundafa.org/book/eng/lecture3.html#8

aha, so in ordinary qigong illnesses can be cured by yourself but in Falun Dafa is done by the master.

This goes on and on:

The master gives you the gong mechanism that develops your gong

Without the master you are nothing. How is this not cult-like?

I have seen the future. It's all donuts. Donuts i tell you! DOONUUUUUUUUUTS! :lol:

I can't waaaaait!!!! :lol:

Lol if you were to make a religion/cult on this I'd totally join.. Mass Donut suicide.. Eat till you drop ^_^

You lost me at Lord Buddha.

IMO(&admittedly limited study) the Buddha was a great man and teacher, with deep insights into the human psyche, but making him into a God is not just (again my opinion) wrong, but against the whole of his teaching. He lived, taught, ate bad pork, thus died of food poisoning.

He is as worthy a man who ever lived, but I don't think he was or wanted to be known as God. His writings and practices must stand on there own worth, not on any super natural platform.

I find it ironic the ultimate nondeist becomes a deity.

Michael

First of all Buddha Sakyamuni and Lord Buddha is not the same. Lord Buddha is the highest Buddha of the universe, the father or Holy King of the Wheel if you wish(see the Udumbara prophecy and you will know what I talk about). Buddha Sakyamuni is a Tathagata level Buddha. Those are two distinctly different beings. But of course Sakyamuni was a great and mighty being. Justl ike Lao Zi and Jesus who also reached Tataghata level.

Eating pork was sometimes the only choice at that time when there was little farming. It is not about eating pork, it is about eliminating the attachment to pork(and all other things you like doing, thinking or eating)and everything else, the six desires and seven emotions. That is what cultivation is all about in Dafa. Everything(not evil or bad things but anyway, figuratively speaking) allowed as long as no attachment to it exists.

Thanks I didn't realize the title referred to a different Buddha.

I agree with what you're saying about the aim of nonattachment. Still I like my Buddhism simple and non pantheistic.

Michael

FG is not primarily about doing the exercises, it is primarily about xinxing cultivation. That means you release all your attachments(desires and emotions) gradually. Each time an attachment is released you rise up a tiny bit and increase your Gong.

You are conditioning your mind with how the world looks according to FG instead of using methods to see the truth behind it all. Instead of freeing your ego, you are getting attached to FG - this will not lead anywhere.

FG has nothing to do with politics. Of course FG practitioners are resisting the persecution of practitioners being imprisoned, tortured and operated on for organ harvesting in China. That is a terrible crime being committed by the CCP, Jiang Zemin and the other CCP leaders. How can you not protest again such terrible deeds?

Then Epoch Times (owned by FG practioners) and the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party are pure fantasy?

Nobody is saying CCP is good but why bring politics into cultivation? You are polluting your mind instead of freeing it.

This evil CCP persecution was prophesiced in history by several prophets and history is just following its due course.

Li Hongzhi essays on Nostradamus are his interpretation. Look into it and you will see it can interpreted in another way. So this is not a proof.

Gauss: why not practise ordinary qigong like Zhan Zhuang or similar? Falun Gong is not qigong in that they do not believe in qi but the body somehow is converted to a higher level. One of the exercises in Falun Gong is actually Zhan Zhuang.

I want to reach extremely high Gong levels so how could I be satisfied with Qi Gong for health? I need a theory to follow so I can reach high levels, in my opinion FG has the best and most simple theory on how to do this.

from http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lec_glo.html

gong means result/achievement in Chinese right?

Well, Gong means cultivation energy in FG, some other Chinse translate it into "special skill". To make Gong you need special skills and yu must be a high level Master to do it, as a cultivator you receive Gong from your Master.

You get this Gong when you release attachments(ie jealousy, fame, gain, lust, food and drink, mental pleasures, sleep). Without a Master you can not transform your virtue into Gong and that applies to all righteous cultivation schools according to FG. Ie in Tantrism you need a high-level Lama to guide you etc. In FG Master Li will help you transform virtue into Gong as you release your attachments.

Why not cultivate values according to Buddhism or Taoism?

This is what FG is all about but we include both schols since we want to cultivate the whole universe and nothing can be excluded. Therefore focus is on Zhen-Shan-Ren, not only Zhen and Shan focus like in Tao or Buddhist schools. In addition we live like everyday people and confront the big dye vat of modern society every day and hence really must be strong to be able to release our attachments.

This is nothing like fleeing to the mountains and alienate yourself from the normal world. Here we welcome all confrontations with our attachments every day, we get temptations all the day. It is not easy.

Funny that you talk about Lord Buddha, when Falun Dafa is talking badly about Buddhism:

from http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lec_glo.html. I wonder what the Buddhists say to that :)

In Buddhism they have exercises to cultivate compassion but none exists in Falun Dafa. How is this so when compassion is one of the three foundations in Falun Dafa?

Now you are making wrong statements without any references. Nobody in Dafa slanders buddhism. What Master says is that in modern times many monks have stopped genuine cultivation and even charges money for consecration. Buddha Sakyamuni is held as a mighty Buddha with very high-level Dharma. Of course true Buddhism is respected by Dafa.

Shan is extremely important in Dafa. Extreme tolerance and benevolence is very important for all Dafa disciples. Who says compassion arises from exercises?

Compassion arises from your heart and must be cultivated by xinxing cultivation in my opinion. In Dafa we cultivate heart, mind and body and try to search our inner self every day for bad attachments.

Your words are all taken from the Falun Dafa material and not realized through your effort. In my opinion it is a cult not in money terms but in control in that Li Hongzhi is a the top and you will never surpass his level - since he can give fashen and you cannot:

from http://falundafa.org/book/eng/lecture3.html#8

aha, so in ordinary qigong illnesses can be cured by yourself but in Falun Dafa is done by the master.

I have my cultivation level and I can only speak from my current level. It has nothing to do with the opinions of Master Li or other Dafa disciples. As you might be aware we believe your current truth is a reflection of your current level. As you raise it your truth becomes nearer to absolute truth.

You are right about FG people not surpassing Master Li and his level. Why should we aim at that, we aim at reaching consummation which is the highest level anyone can reach and it is his original status.

And of course we can develop Fashen after we unlock our Gong. By then you have your own universe and are beyond the three realms.

Without the master you are nothing. How is this not cult-like?

In any righteous cultivation school you have a Master. How can you cultivate in christianity without Jesus, or in Buddhism without Buddha Sakyamuni? Or in Taoism without Lao Zi?

Every school has a Master to be able to transform your virtue into Gong. It is a simple rule and nothing special for FG.

I recommend you to study the books from Master Li so you understand what FG is really about. It is an amazing practice and you will realize it when you try it out by yourself.

One can believe many things but without study and practice how can anyone know what it really is?...

One can believe many things but without study and practice how can anyone know what it really is?...

I like that statement. We do need test our thoughts, I think, to insure that they are not illusions and/or delusions.

Peace & Love!

In any righteous cultivation school you have a Master. How can you cultivate in christianity without Jesus, or in Buddhism without Buddha Sakyamuni? Or in Taoism without Lao Zi?

Every school has a Master to be able to transform your virtue into Gong. It is a simple rule and nothing special for FG.

If i have misunderstood your position i apologise, but you seem to rely quite heavily on this master of FG. In Buddhist teachings reliance on any external being is really not recommended. One goes for refuge, which is different from reliance i think.

Naturally cultivation can happen without a master... it just takes longer, and a lot of unnecessary hurdles may crop up. Having a teacher to show the way as a guide is wonderful, but he or she should never be regarded as the giver of gifts, like this master of FG you speak of here.

Having said this, we all have our own understandings, and who can say who is all present and correct? Wish you well on your path anyhow..

I want to reach extremely high Gong levels so how could I be satisfied with Qi Gong for health? I need a theory to follow so I can reach high levels, in my opinion FG has the best and most simple theory on how to do this.

The simplest is not always the correct one. Ask yourself if this is not too simple?

This is what FG is all about but we include both schols since we want to cultivate the whole universe and nothing can be excluded. Therefore focus is on Zhen-Shan-Ren, not only Zhen and Shan focus like in Tao or Buddhist schools. In addition we live like everyday people and confront the big dye vat of modern society every day and hence really must be strong to be able to release our attachments.

This is nothing like fleeing to the mountains and alienate yourself from the normal world. Here we welcome all confrontations with our attachments every day, we get temptations all the day. It is not easy.

Both Buddhists and Taoist do the same: confront society everyday. Those that flee to the mountains realize society cannot be changed and is best left alone. They are entitled to their opinion.

Now you are making wrong statements without any references. Nobody in Dafa slanders buddhism. What Master says is that in modern times many monks have stopped genuine cultivation and even charges money for consecration. Buddha Sakyamuni is held as a mighty Buddha with very high-level Dharma. Of course true Buddhism is respected by Dafa.

No, it is not respected in that Buddhism cannot "save" people but FG can. There are many monks today that are righteous.

I have my cultivation level and I can only speak from my current level. It has nothing to do with the opinions of Master Li or other Dafa disciples. As you might be aware we believe your current truth is a reflection of your current level. As you raise it your truth becomes nearer to absolute truth.

Maybe I seem forceful but this is only to make you question your beliefs.

Well it seems to go fine in that there are enlightened masters in both Buddhism and Taoism. There are many masters but in FG there can be only one. This is one of the reasons to suspicious of the practise in FG.

I recommend you to study the books from Master Li so you understand what FG is really about. It is an amazing practice and you will realize it when you try it out by yourself.

I have studied those books and practises and didn't find them as high level as you think.

CowTao said it better than I. I am a just a beginner on the path.

If i have misunderstood your position i apologise, but you seem to rely quite heavily on this master of FG. In Buddhist teachings reliance on any external being is really not recommended. One goes for refuge, which is different from reliance i think.

Naturally cultivation can happen without a master... it just takes longer, and a lot of unnecessary hurdles may crop up. Having a teacher to show the way as a guide is wonderful, but he or she should never be regarded as the giver of gifts, like this master of FG you speak of here.

Having said this, we all have our own understandings, and who can say who is all present and correct? Wish you well on your path anyhow..

Reliance or refuge, I can not see the importance of that. You need a Master to cultivate up and be able to protect yourself from demons. In fact Master is not protecting us, his Fashen do it. So there is a major difference. Most FG practitioners never met Master in person.

Master gives you alot and he eliminates alot of your karma too when you decide to do true cultivation. In return you must assist him and help him as much as possible.

I agree on there having been self-cultivators but also they will have a Master who passes by and find them extraordinary and help them achieve Gong and third eye etc. It is just not that he might be aware of his Master. All of this is explained in Zhuan Falun.

Everyone enlightens to his level and truth. It will change as you raise your level.

Good luck and thanks for your message!

As far as I have found out / figured out - revelations is the equivalent of the TBOTD. Each religion has a handbook about how the mind/body operates, but you need to decode them, not take them literally...

"Oh master does this, oh master says that, oh master, master!! master!!!"

Tao Yoga and Scientology are very popular too!! and they make their prophecies too!! ^_^ .

If Falun Dafa truly teaches Buddhism, you shouldn't look to your master to defend yourself from Demons. They're just Makyo, like your master and yourself!

Good day!

P.S. All this talk about judgment day is stupid. Who cares? If someone does decide to come and judge us all, I'd be happy to be on the side who doesn't agree with him and burn in ETERNAL DAMNATION!! :lol: .

Rage is an emotion and an attachment to cultivate away in all upright schools...

I wish you good luck.

Reliance or refuge, I can not see the importance of that. You need a Master to cultivate up and be able to protect yourself from demons.

Actually there is major difference between seeking reliance and seeking refuge. One leads to dependency, the other does not. In fact, seeking refuge ends dependency.

Protection from demons? What demons? The only demons are one's own illusional delusions. Dependency is one of these delusional demons.

FG is not primarily about doing the exercises, it is primarily about xinxing cultivation. That means you release all your attachments(desires and emotions) gradually. Each time an attachment is released you rise up a tiny bit and increase your Gong.

The exercises are there as a complement to help you decrease your karma, strengthen the automatic mechanisms from Master and enhance supernormal abilities, open third eye etc. The double Lotus meditation is not simple for most people as you might be aware of.

Sorry, but you are being mislead. I did the exercises, I know what they are for, perhaps knew is a better word, because I forgot what they are specifically. I will say this for them, they are very much better than sitting around with your finger in your nose and 'doin' the MCO.

Edited by Starjumper7