Sign in to follow this  
fizix

Tao Bums Post of the Year (2009)!

Hello Fellow Bums, I've been noticing more and more people recently registered 2009/2010 who are posting quite frequently, I think it would be help to all newcomers and who else to the forums/spiritual practice to contribute some of the TB's many gems of wisdom to a single collective thread. Let's not let all the spoken wisdom of last year be lost to time!

I hope a few people follow suit in their nomination or endorsement for the best TB post of 2009, I'll start off the ceremony with a very humorous, not-so-spiritually-disciplined-related post, but valuable as laughter is the best medicine, and TTB is often in much needed support for some comic relief to balance out much of the stoic seriousness we're all privy of. Let's bypass the semantics and 'egotism' of 'best' and simply paste a favorite, insightful post from 2009, and no, there's no formal 'winner', unless someone is so inclined to attempt to establish unanimity.

I know I'm not the only one who can remember an old post that really helped them out with their practice or life, might be a hassle finding it (not really, advanced search engine) but by helping others, one helps himself.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/12933-john-chang-versus-mike-tyson/

"Ok I SAW IT HAPPEN.....I was asked to keep it secret but I think you should know....

So JC was minding his own business, just happily playing poker in Vegas, by chance Tyson was on the same table.

JC obviously was winning, REAL BAD too, poor tyson had lost 1Million in this game. Tyson had noticed how well JC chose his moves, too well that is, as if he could read the other players cards.

Tyson got up to leave the table, but couldn't help but ask with his funny voice "You psychic or something man?!"

JC defensively snapped back at him with lightning in his eyes "You accuse me of cheating!?". Tyson was scared, knew something was different about this man, but the whole table was looking at them, and theres no way tyson can lose face like this, so he told JC "lets take it outside little man, I ll eat you alive".

JC slowly got up, looked tyson in the eyes and said "you dont knw who you mess with, bitch" zapping tysons ass with some chi, causing tyson to jump up. Tysons sudden movement sent his bodyguard into fight mode. They jumped him all at once, all 3 of them, but before they could get close to him they were repelled right back. Now tyson was spooked, his fear sent him into fight or flight mode, he should ve have chosen flight. JC played with him like a cat plays with a mouse, Tyson didnt know what to do so he charged jaw wide open right for JCs ear. He bit it, and bit down hard, you could hear the sound of his teeth braking as JC used his Iron Ear technique.

Tyson now exhausted and with more broken teeth than hes had through a lifetime of boxing decided to cut his losses, he looked at JC and asked "what are you?" Jc picked up his winnings from the table and slowly raised his head to look at Tyson "I am John Chang, level 52 master of Mo Pai, and your dantian is 2% full". He then simply picked up and left, leaving Tyson to wonder what all his training had been for, if he cannot even scratch a short little man half his size.

Thats it, That is what happened. I know it sounds unbelievable, but thats the truth." -That Guy

Edited by fizix

Nostalgia Fest = why?

Why not just be in the now, and create some good posts.

Nostalgia fest? Sounds like a negative connotation in this context, but a nostalgia fest is not what I was going for; knowledge fest more like; I suspected my 'nominated post' would be a bad idea since it gives a certain implication as to the expected posts, nostalgia, I can't blame you for misunderstanding.

Why not just be in the now, and create some good posts?

Why not both?

I don't think we need peoples imagination to pervert this line of work.. Especially the emotional kind.

If something happens, and you tell it with some skewed perspective, eventually someone will believe and tell it the same way again.

Just doesn't sit well is all.

I hear ya about bein in the ...........[now]...........Stigweard has done some good work gathering lots of good TTB threads -

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/9183-taoism-taobums-faq/

Stig also has an interesting website on Tao -

taowizard.com

Disclaimer: No, I'm not getting paid to plug it! :lol:

LOL :D ... Thanks, but it isn't really much at the moment. Work is occupying all my focus so I haven't been able to progress with it in ages.

Sign in to follow this