Birch

Music and qi-gong (chi-gong)

I've found (finding) music to be very influential on my practices. To the point that I feel certain parts of a tune running specific channels/orbits.

Love to hear;-)

Great sometimes, but not great all the time. One, particularly someone like Drew Hempel, could probably get very in-depth into the many benefits and infinitesimal micro/macro/energetic/pineal/vagus reations that follows a practice accompanied with certain Tao-patible music, yin yang harmonics, etc. All I have to say is that if you only listen to music when you practice, it will be hard to hear the purest form of the most beautiful music of all, of the Tao.

Edited by fizix

I've found (finding) music to be very influential on my practices. To the point that I feel certain parts of a tune running specific channels/orbits.

Love to hear;-)

Well music creates the "chills" usually when it's high frequency -- like falsetto singing or a women singing -- or certain tones and syncopated rhythms.

The "chills" is the activation of the jing electrochemical energy. In Taoism the voice is the jing energy.

So in my research I discovered that the nonwestern tuning is the same as the Taoist yin and yang -- with 2:3 as the Perfect 5th or yang and 3:4 as the Perfect 4th or yin. Western tuning does not use this since the West uses logarithms. So that's why in blues music there is bending of the notes to create more "chills."

The 12 notes of the music scale are also the 12 energy nodes along the outside of the body for the small universe practice.

I have tons of articles on this -- "the biomusic conspiracy" etc. But for practice I recommend the "small universe" c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com -- which is the 12 notes of the music scale but as alchemy.

Interesting experience, Kate!

Personally, most music disturbs my energy right away (which means that the right music would be very activating).

Then I get used to it, and rock out.

RockOutUSA-Hand-Lightening.jpg

By the way...consider what the inner sounds are/what they could do.

Edited by Scotty

I think in qi gong forms/movements/standing yes, meditation no not really. Just counter productive when your trying not to excite the mind in any unproductive way.

I do sometimes play tool or something else during asanas but yeah.

I did hear once that the frequency in which music is played was changed 40 years or so ago.

It supposedly makes a big difference in how we take it, I had searched for websites that had something on it. I can't find them anymore.

Over the course of several years I've been building a collection of ambient music. Some of it is new agy, some yoga related, most is chilled electronica. I was sitting today and sampled some Tibetian singing bowl tracks and felt something very deep. There are some vids on Youtube of monks chanting OM, really gets to me.

I think in qi gong forms/movements/standing yes, meditation no not really. Just counter productive when your trying not to excite the mind in any unproductive way.

There are some frequencies which obliterate the mind, so in those cases it'd be beneficial.

Greetings..

Hi Kate: As you become familiar with your personal energetic 'symphony' of frequencies and vibrations, you will be able to enhance your practice with music that affects coherence and resonance where needed.. you can actually get deeply involved in this area of study and identify very effective healing and cultivating sounds and frequencies.. vibrational therapies are emerging as a fundamental Life-Enhancing modality.. since we ARE Energy, we heal by effecting change within our Energies, and music can be 'instrumental' (pun intended) if understood..

Be well..

Thanks drew (lowercase per your practice :-p)

I haven't gotten round to reading the second article yet but I will do. thanks (lower case;-)) for that.

Check this out

Thanks Scott (nice to read you again), JzujanLi, Eric and NeiChuan for your posts on this topic.

I'm getting to a semblance of "getting it"

I like listening to silence. or listening to listening to listening to listening...

Edited by Non

There are some frequencies which obliterate the mind, so in those cases it'd be beneficial.

Yeah I would agree with that aswell. I should'nt have generalized as I did.

and I'll add (just to be bad:-p)

And I'll edit just to try to explain (as I can) that when I hear music, I can't help but wander and spin in certain channels and orbits. I went through almost 18 months of being unable to listen to a shred of music. Right now, I can't get enough of it ;)

And I had to add

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1dBlyjyyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80rP-ZzJrY4&feature=related

Edited by Kate

I like listening to and saying what makes alpha women horny.

i like listening to horny women. now that's alpha music.

Edited by Non

Alriight. Check THIS out.

Edit: check out the euh "breakbeat" starts at 2:08 minutes, Heard that already???

Edited to add the following clip. Chicks might dig your knowledge of foreign films (although is no guarantee, I'm only suggesting summit'

Edited by Kate

Thanks Mr upfromtheashes!

i can't tell what it might have done for my "channels" but it sure made me cry.

Thanks (I think, not sure :blink: )

Hi Kate..

I love 'spiritual' music. Here are some favs. Check them out when you have time, and see if any of them resonate with your 'inner' being. If not i have more!

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw_H8n7ZQEY&feature=related

3. http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=-cqUGLqOjhE

This YT channel has a great collection of stuff i like: http://www.youtube.com/user/o0othelonetigero0o#p/u/8/fe7GHFy-mOk

This one, my fav fav fav, is tried and tested to be most effective for healing and cleansing any space (of neg energies):

Have fun! :)

_/\_

Edited by CowTao

I've been listening to alpha and theta waves to get me in the trance. I'm now looking for a pleasant sounding beta wave inducing track. My mind tends to wander in everyday life, so I need something that will keep me on track.

Greetings..

If you can handle the raw power of this Lady, prepare to be overwhelmed by Caryn Lin.. to see her live is astonishing..

Be well..

I've been listening to alpha and theta waves to get me in the trance. I'm now looking for a pleasant sounding beta wave inducing track. My mind tends to wander in everyday life, so I need something that will keep me on track.

Yeah I was trained in classical piano and then I studied music in college. I was given an EEG when I was in a paid medical experiment -- and the nurse said I had really strong alpha waves. So that was long before I practiced meditation -- but music will do that if you listen to music really closely it increases the alpha waves.

Yeah here's what I do for trance music --

I just goto youtube and type in

"Anuradha paudwal" and then I scroll down to

"hindu devotionals"

And PRESTO

nice pretty lady voice singing nonwestern devotionals -- for 19 songs worth!!

Greetings..

Drift into the transcendence..

Sorry, bad link to Wah.. the CD, Savasana..

Be well..

Edited by TzuJanLi