Sign in to follow this  
DarthBane

Reviews: Shaman of Tibet, Path of Destruction and Stoned Age

I have two books and a Movie to share.

Shaman of Tibet by Winged Wolf is about a man who becomes angry and vengeful. He learns from an evil master to take out his vengence. Later he begins to change his point of view and leaves the evil temple. He begins studying at a different temple to undo the instability and volatility created by learning supernatural feats from the other temple. Eventually frees himself from his anger.

Very good book if you are open minded.

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction is a story about Dessel who lives a life of pain and misery. Having a natural affinity with the dark side of the force he narrowly escapes death and injury many times. A story of oppression, finding a path, becoming lost and finding yourself again and being able to transcend the limits of others.

Depends upon if you like that kind of thing or not.

National Lampoons "Stoned Age" Rated R in the U.S.

This movie is not about getting stoned. In fact the original name offended someone wo was Christian so they had to change the name in the States. Abroad it is called "Homo Erectus".

It is about a caveman "Ishbo" who has new and innovative ideas. But because no one is willing to try new inventions or test his new ideas he has developed eventually they try to kill him.

For the open mined and yes there is nudity if you have issues with that kind of thing.

Hope you enjoy these, but I may be wrong. You might enjoy a straight jacket and padded cell more especially if you are easily offended. Seems like more people like that are going nuts everyday, but that is just an observation. Guess you dont have to take my word for it :lol:

Shaman of Tibet by Winged Wolf is about a man who becomes angry and vengeful. He learns from an evil master to take out his vengence. Later he begins to change his point of view and leaves the evil temple. He begins studying at a different temple to undo the instability and volatility created by learning supernatural feats from the other temple. Eventually frees himself from his anger.

Very good book if you are open minded.

That's very similar to the story of Milarepa.

"Seems like more people like that are going nuts everyday, but that is just an observation."

Interesting. Yes, I seem to see a lot of it but then I guess my own focus is around lots of such issues so I'm hardly surprised :rolleyes:

We don't talk about the darker side of paths very often on TTB. When we do it seems to be considered as a failure on the part of the teachers or the system. This IMO is counterproductive.

I'd say it's very much worth discussing.

In this life I've had this fascination for working on the dark side. Recently I've realized that its the dark side of the moon that I want to work on. The work that I'd like to do is mining 3He for fusion. The dark side isn't really that dark for two whole weeks it's in the light, we just can't see because of it being a sphere.

If you really want a teaching about failures and conquest try asking these two questions:

Who's the Panchen Lama?

Which one is the Karmapa?

There are two people currently for each of these positions. A lot of Vajrayana is tied up in these two questions and we are swimming in deceptive realizations of highest reality.

As for Daoists and the gossip of villagers...It doesn't bother me much. That's why there's tea ceremony!

And people wonder why i want to kill all american mentalities and destroy all american property... >.>

Some us have issues with the accumulated destructions caused by the american government over the last 215-220 years. There is no denying that fact, and my research into many large scale land forming projects in the 1800s and even hush hush ones in the 1960s has not increased my confidence in current societies condoning those acts.

Though I cannot directly speak out against those who have been the cause as their counterparts are very politically aligned today and have noting to do with the current administration. I can say that belief sometimes poisons the minds of the weak.

(If someone should point fingers in this topic, may he/she be the one to blame.)

The dark side. It is not one sect. It is not one religion, class or distinction. It happens when one uses religion or politic'ing to reach or bring people under someones control or goals.

A good example would be an appeal "god would vote this way". When in reality the person is a member of a secret group that does things against your current american christian religion. There is no room to talk about the dark side here. I am certain any type of talk about the darkside here would only allow people to create fallacies about you or me or others just because the dark side is talked about. Hence never again for me in public on this forum.

People who practice the "dark side" dont talk about it. Why should they? They are too busy spreading their lies.

Sign in to follow this