Sign in to follow this  
Makyea

Epilepsy & Energy

Let me start off by saying I am epileptic.

I was just wondering if seizures have anything to do with energy build up or something like that. If you have never had a seizure than I guess the best way to explain it is like a muffled explosion followed by a slow moving fire spreading through your body and all while you are floating in the deepest bit of the ocean. Anyway, I was dreaming and had a thought. I was thinking that maybe its some sort of build up and massive release of energy in the body, like an energy earthquake. Or maybe a clash of energies or something of the sort. I am not very smart when it comes to energy or anything like that so I was wondering what you guys thought or knew about it. Do you think there is a connection? Maybe if I were to work with my energy flow than my seizures would go away? Well just let me know your opinion.

I was just wondering if seizures have anything to do with energy build up or something like that. If you have never had a seizure than I guess the best way to explain it is like a muffled explosion followed by a slow moving fire spreading through your body and all while you are floating in the deepest bit of the ocean. Anyway, I was dreaming and had a thought. I was thinking that maybe its some sort of build up and massive release of energy in the body, like an energy earthquake. Or maybe a clash of energies or something of the sort. I am not very smart when it comes to energy or anything like that so I was wondering what you guys thought or knew about it. Do you think there is a connection? Maybe if I were to work with my energy flow than my seizures would go away? Well just let me know your opinion.

Makyea I posted a thread on epilepsy not too long ago:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/14696-meditation-and-epilepsy-cause-or-cure/page__p__193150__hl__epilepsy__fromsearch__1entry193150

Great to hear from you! haha.

Makyea I posted a thread on epilepsy not too long ago:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/14696-meditation-and-epilepsy-cause-or-cure/page__p__193150__hl__epilepsy__fromsearch__1entry193150

Great to hear from you! haha.

Awesome, thanks.

I have been gone for too long. I missed this place but my laptop has a virus. I will be rebooting it as soon as I have an extra $50, then I'll be around more often.

Awesome, thanks.

I have been gone for too long. I missed this place but my laptop has a virus. I will be rebooting it as soon as I have an extra $50, then I'll be around more often.

Happy 4th of July!! haha.

4th of July is a sad day for me, fireworks scare me haha.

Yeah you know I'm out in the country -- north of Stillwater -- they're LOUD out here! haha.

Yeah you know I'm out in the country -- north of Stillwater -- they're LOUD out here! haha.

I am staying in Northeast Minneapolis and in St. Paul Lowertown by the farmers market. I figure the farther in the city the less I will hear hah.

I am staying in Northeast Minneapolis and in St. Paul Lowertown by the farmers market. I figure the farther in the city the less I will hear hah.

Those are both very cool areas! haha. Well sleep well -- I'm gonna go meditate!!

Take care Makyea!!

You said before that you could feel your blood and electric. Can you feel 'rising steam' in you? I mean literally a steamy energy rising up inside like warm steam does? That's the traditional definition of Qi. my humble opinion is maybe trying just contacting, observing, refining and circulating this energy up the back and down the front like in Tai Chi. Just a suggestion. Hope you feelin ok

Thank you. I am feeling pretty well actually. I just have been a bit upset because I have been taking medicine for this problem for a while and it barely helps.

Rising steam sounds very familiar. That feeling I mean.

I was told it was stress an that meditation could help out. I have never gotten the nack for meditation. I have not been able to do it without having the urge to do something.

Edited by Makyea

Did you know in both Tai Chi and Yoga they highlight the same three factors for raising the tranquilizing Qi - relax the muscles (stretch and release), deepen the breath (slow and low) and quiet the mind (quiet observation). Coincidence? I think not!

I never noticed that! Out of the two which do you prefer to calm you and to help you achieve those factors?

Thank you. I am feeling pretty well actually. I just have been a bit upset because I have been taking medicine for this problem for a while and it barely helps.

Rising steam sounds very familiar. That feeling I mean.

I was told it was stress an that meditation could help out. I have never gotten the nack for meditation. I have not been able to do it without having the urge to do something.

You could try yoga nidra. In yoga nidra your mind is taken from body part to body part and from sensation to sensation and from image to image. This quick changing of focus is great to still the mind as when you put your mind on something it is usually still for a short while then starts moving again so by jumping from object to object you stay in the initial empty state much of the time. Regardless og how still your mind becomes in the begining it should give a deep relaxation and increased concetration that eventually leads to meditating becoming easy. Bihar school of yoga has nice Yoga nidra CDs

I was just wondering if seizures have anything to do with energy build up or something like that. If you have never had a seizure than I guess the best way to explain it is like a muffled explosion followed by a slow moving fire spreading through your body and all while you are floating in the deepest bit of the ocean. Anyway, I was dreaming and had a thought. I was thinking that maybe its some sort of build up and massive release of energy in the body, like an energy earthquake. Or maybe a clash of energies or something of the sort. I am not very smart when it comes to energy or anything like that so I was wondering what you guys thought or knew about it. Do you think there is a connection?

It's possible. A lot depends on what you mean by "energy". Seizure activity in the brain can be recorded using EEG. What EEG makes a record of is certainly a type of energy in the "Western" scientific sense of that word.

You probably mean subtle energy. According to a traditional Chinese view, ailments can be caused by a number of problems, and as far as I understand, energy imbalance is just one of them. An obvious example of a medical problem that's not caused by an energy imbalance is a healthy limb that got broken due to very strong forces acting on it.

None of this is really helpful though. What you want to know is not so much what caused the problem, but can subtle energies be used to heal it?

Maybe if I were to work with my energy flow than my seizures would go away? Well just let me know your opinion.

What's your flow like now?

Have you tried visualization? It's not exactly the same thing as working on your energy flow, at least, not directly the same. Visualize a color of light that you believe is most healing or most beneficial for you. Imbue that light with the feeling of kindness and softness and feel it suffuse all of your being and even beyond your being, out into the universe. Try this.

The best attitude toward a malady is kindness, but without any self-pity. It's a middle ground where you are kind to yourself and wish yourself to get better, but at the same time, you aren't afraid to lose yourself to the disease either, no self-pity. It is completely non-aggressive and firm. You firmly want to improve and are completely kind and non-aggressive, but at the same time, you are open to any outcome. This openness to negative outcomes is important to avoid falling into a state of desperation. If you're not open like that, you will be very afraid and emotionally constricted. You want to be larger than the disease and not smaller than it. So softness and kindness are good, but self-pity is not.

Pay attention to your condition without becoming too obsessed with it. As you practice mindfulness, it's possible that your condition will reveal to you how you can heal it.

Edited by goldisheavy

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f22/outer-body-experience-550/

One thing that I have discovered...

A lot of simple partial sensations that we look upon as a curse are levels of self-awareness that many yoga practitioners would kill for!

Part of my "Know Thyself" is Jnana yoga and meditation. I have discovered that simple partial seizures give a lot of us what I like to call "flashes of insight"

Edited by drewhempel

Sign in to follow this