Non

getting up too fast... a form of energy rising to the head?

After I did the 6th tibetan rite (I did number 6 it three times), on the last time I rose my hands up and then down to stimulate the microcosmic orbit.. I got lightheaded and saw flashes of light .. it looked like lit up sperms in my field of vision flying to the center and all around.

I guess it appeared appropriate for the type of exercise it was, being that it has to do with transmutation.

Anyways.. I know it would seem like its nothing but ocular migraine.

This kind of thing also happens when I do the Hua Shan Pai Qigong exercises .. where (I'll describe this one bit) I have to breathe in filling the lower abs and up to my chest and in from my third eye with my palms facing out in a triangle formation. Then I have to hold that air and bring my hands straight down into fists expanding my belly as much as possible pushing down into the dantian, then contracting my belly in to push some of that air into the chest and popping some out with the sound "poh".

If I've done it correctly and breathed in reaaally deeply, I would feel lightheaded and get a mini grey/white-out and see the lit up cells flying to the center of my vision.

It's just neat.. I think I should be aiming for that in a way, because afterwords I feel like my mind has been refreshed and the blood is going to my head, and then I feel like glowing. I just like the feeling.

No this isn't about erotic asphyxiation in case anyone thought about it... lol.

I just kinda wonder if taoists have mentioned this phenomena when referring to some of their practices.

Edited by Non

It's just your blood pressure equilibrating... nothing spiritual or energetic about it, though it can feel sorta fun if you relax about it...

Agree. That happens to me frequently. My primary doctor and my cardio-vascular doctor tell me it is nothing to concern myself with. Just the way my body is along with my older age.

Peace & Love!

Blood circulation is a form of energy. I don't think energy or qi is as mysterious as we make it out.

It's just your blood pressure equilibrating... nothing spiritual or energetic about it, though it can feel sorta fun if you relax about it...

Blood circulation is a form of energy. I don't think energy or qi is as mysterious as we make it out.

Yup...

doesn't really mention the visuals I get, which are like shooting stars flying around.. or like I said, lit up sperms flying, around..

Edited by Non

Back when I was teenage busboy, we used to go into the walk-in refrigerator and get the whipped cream cans and keeping them upright, would inhale the nitrous oxide and hold our breaths and walk around for about a minute. Felt like I was waking into the Roman Coliseum to a roaring crowd with fireworks going off all around. Nice little high to break up the day...he he..

Back when I was teenage busboy, we used to go into the walk-in refrigerator and get the whipped cream cans and keeping them upright, would inhale the nitrous oxide and hold our breaths and walk around for about a minute. Felt like I was waking into the Roman Coliseum to a roaring crowd with fireworks going off all around. Nice little high to break up the day...he he..

Silly americans standardize experienced phenomena, thus sapping it's potential nd rendering it impotent.

The electrical flashing orbs are your intentions. they move to where you intend to act.

When yo uare suddenly aware of them and lose any intentions, but to observe them, they become erradic and wild and uncontained.

They dispearse about your field of vision like tiny "lit up sperms" when your intentions are not under your command of will.

Silly americans standardize experienced phenomena, thus sapping it's potential nd rendering it impotent.

The electrical flashing orbs are your intentions. they move to where you intend to act.

When yo uare suddenly aware of them and lose any intentions, but to observe them, they become erradic and wild and uncontained.

They dispearse about your field of vision like tiny "lit up sperms" when your intentions are not under your command of will.

yes well..

i was thinking..

maybe this is the purpose of the 'chin lock' to prevent chi from going to the head.

Interesting thought.