ravenscroft

Death Awareness?

I don't concern myself with death. It is going to happen - that is a given. It's more important for me to live while I am living.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

One of my mentors guided me on a 'Tibetan Death Meditation' (TDM).. where you begin shutting down internal systems until all that's left is Awareness of the Body 'you' are inhabiting.. the guide is there to keep you from completely discarding the 'vehicle'.. it is very tempting as you begin to understand the 'process', but.. the purpose is not abandonment of the vehicle.. forward from the first TDM) you have 'Death' as a companion, unfortunately (or fortunately, i don't know which) 'Death' had already made my acquaintance.. so, TDM was a very interesting experience for me AND my mentor..

Be well..

LoL the petty civil mind cannot handle the natural way of the world, so gropingly fears the yin-yin segment of all cycles.

Fears death, fears winter, fears completely exhaling the breath, these fears of yin-yin, which contribute to an artificial "perfection" painting of yang-yang, are annihilating the living quality of life on earth; promoting that human beings are the "most beloved of god's creations, and hold dominion over the earth, it's creatures, and it's resources and elements" is a mentality that should be punishable by the death that it so fears.

We must seek balance, not domination; coexistence, not division of diversity! COMMUNITY, NOT NATIONALITY!!!

Love, compassion, respect, and dignity.

They are fought, tooth and nail, byt "progress"ive institutions which "exist for the greater good" while only seek to make private profits.

America has nothing and doesnt even realize it.

Thanks for that video More Pie Guy, I enjoyed it very much. A good wake up call.

A lot of truth is spoken in it.

Thanks for that video More Pie Guy, I enjoyed it very much. A good wake up call.

A lot of truth is spoken in it.

that was the one I was talking about

Jed is the best

that was the one I was talking about

Jed is the best

I love jed mckenna, but his philosophy kinda falls apart if taoist immortality is indeed possible.

I love jed mckenna, but his philosophy kinda falls apart if taoist immortality is indeed possible.

What is your understanding of Taoist immortality? Is it a goal that can be reached by ordinary (non-recluse) people? Does it really negate the truths in this video? Do you not "think about death every day" as he exhorts, because you believe that you may accomplish Taoist immortality? Wouldn't you then lose out on the truth of what he says?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

LoL the petty civil mind cannot handle the natural way of the world, so gropingly fears the yin-yin segment of all cycles.

Fears death, fears winter, fears completely exhaling the breath, these fears of yin-yin, which contribute to an artificial "perfection" painting of yang-yang, are annihilating the living quality of life on earth; promoting that human beings are the "most beloved of god's creations, and hold dominion over the earth, it's creatures, and it's resources and elements" is a mentality that should be punishable by the death that it so fears.

We must seek balance, not domination; coexistence, not division of diversity! COMMUNITY, NOT NATIONALITY!!!

Love, compassion, respect, and dignity.

They are fought, tooth and nail, byt "progress"ive institutions which "exist for the greater good" while only seek to make private profits.

America has nothing and doesnt even realize it.

Quoted myself due to a general lack of interest in true words.

"if you knew you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today" is a fear tactic mentality.

To first play on the fears of death, and then follow up by inspiring the mind to act on deep seated material desires.

To "accomplish something" in your life.

To "accomplish" some "thing" in your life.

To present the "things" your life accumulates as purposeful, yet without any usage thereof, except maybe recreation.

Now, dont get me wrong, I generally believe the meaning of life is essentially recreational and/or "redestructional", however when recreational activities are neither creative nor efficient, they become harmful and unproductive. just the same, if destructive activities are not productive or helpful, they lose any value and cost us more than they make room for.

We need balance, not all-in or go-for-broke. the general "norm" can no longer afford to be babied, sheltered, mislead, and utilized as a social resource!

W A K E - U P ! ! !

What is your understanding of Taoist immortality? Is it a goal that can be reached by ordinary (non-recluse) people? Does it really negate the truths in this video? Do you not "think about death every day" as he exhorts, because you believe that you may accomplish Taoist immortality? Wouldn't you then lose out on the truth of what he says?

Death, and rebirth are the fire under my ass. I want to make sure I am never reincarnated. It's the motivation for my practice, and my sole purpose for living.

So yes I think about death a lot, at least a few times every hour even when I am busy at work.

Jed's whole gig is that life is meaningless, and death is inevitable, all thoughts, ideas, concepts and philosophies are utter bullshit. I like what he has to say and I agree with him for the most part. But what if beings like john chang are real, men who have evolved past their humanity and mortality to another level of being, that kind of throws a monkey wrench in his equations.

I define taoist immortality as a spirit who does not reincarnate. As to whether taoist immortality is attainable by ordinary people, I would assume so if they were able to log the hours in the correct practices required. I don't really know I'm merely speculating.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Well, to get all mystical on ye, it is only when you are awakened enough and are indifferent to whether you are reincarnated will you perhaps be able to 'graduate' from Life. As long as you find Life so abhorrent, this is a type of attachment that will mean you have to keep coming back until you 'get it' no matter how much Mo-Pai or other energy practices you do. If indeed there is a cycle of rebirth, I don't think you can fool it that easily... you're here to learn to be a human being in all your fullness and potentiality. As long as you are disgusted with human life, you are rejecting yourself. Unless of course, all these intensive practices opens you...you can't become fully realized with a closed heart center... and just because John Chang can control chi does not mean he has had a full spiritual unfolding and will not return to rebirth.

If Taoist immortality is only ultimately a myth, where does that leave you?

Well, to get all mystical on ye, it is only when you are awakened enough and are indifferent to whether you are reincarnated will you perhaps be able to 'graduate' from Life. As long as you find Life so abhorrent, this is a type of attachment that will mean you have to keep coming back until you 'get it' no matter how much Mo-Pai or other energy practices you do. If indeed there is a cycle of rebirth, I don't think you can fool it that easily...

There is a certain great fear of loosing bondage and attachment. the embrace is exhilarating and the fear becomes a silly notion thereafter.

And yet, it can still grip you as it ever had before, even more, if you ever stop embracing!

And yet, it can still grip you as it ever had before, even more, if you ever stop embracing!

I would like to suggest that once we have accepted death into our life, with full awareness, it is never a question for concern from that point on no matter how long we live.

I believe that this first awakening is all that is need to get a person beyond death (or at least the concern about it).

Just my understanding and no, I have no data to back up what I just said except my own experience.

Peace & Love!

I would like to suggest that once we have accepted death into our life, with full awareness, it is never a question for concern from that point on no matter how long we live.

I believe that this first awakening is all that is need to get a person beyond death (or at least the concern about it).

Just my understanding and no, I have no data to back up what I just said except my own experience.

Peace & Love!

Hm, perhaps i shopuld clarify. i am SO wholly poorly eloquent LOL "ineloquent" wasnt a word D: lol or my spell check needs to be updated :lol:

Either way, what i meant was the fear itself can grip you. the fear of WHAT always changes, and for me, is something intangible and unidentifiable. I fear moving forward because i know not how to move forward, and the fear of making life worse for myself than it already is inhibits my forward-movement.

Edited by Stoner Shadow Wolf

Well, to get all mystical on ye, it is only when you are awakened enough and are indifferent to whether you are reincarnated will you perhaps be able to 'graduate' from Life. As long as you find Life so abhorrent, this is a type of attachment that will mean you have to keep coming back until you 'get it' no matter how much Mo-Pai or other energy practices you do. If indeed there is a cycle of rebirth, I don't think you can fool it that easily... you're here to learn to be a human being in all your fullness and potentiality. As long as you are disgusted with human life, you are rejecting yourself. Unless of course, all these intensive practices opens you...you can't become fully realized with a closed heart center... and just because John Chang can control chi does not mean he has had a full spiritual unfolding and will not return to rebirth.

If Taoist immortality is only ultimately a myth, where does that leave you?

Songs,

Not to be rude, but I really don't accept your opinion. I only accept opinions from people qualified to give them. I am going to go ahead and just nip this in the bud, and agree to disagree with you. The more I argue on here the stupider I feel.

If taoist immortality turns out to be a myth then I guess I get to share the same fate as everyone else whatever that may be.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

... what i meant was the fear itself can grip you. the fear of WHAT always changes, and for me, is something intangible and unidentifiable. I fear moving forward because i know not how to move forward, and the fear of making life worse for myself than it already is inhibits my forward-movement.

Yes, fear is something I enjoy speaking about. Fear, in general, is a limit we have allowed to be placed on how we live our life. Doesn't matter the fear. At the moment we are talking about death.

Why would one fear death. Death is a given. It is the last act we will perform in this life. Some go to sleep and just never wake up. These are the lucky ones.

So you know not how to move forward? Do you know which way is forward? Turn into that direction. Now fall flat on your face. There, you have moved forward. Sure, it was a little rough and it will take time for the nose to heal but still.

Making mistakes is a part of life. We should never fear making mistakes. What is important though is that we learn from our mistakes and try to not make the same ones more than once. (It took me a while to learn that one - I got married three times.)

Death is just the end of Act I (or for the believers in reincarnation, one of the Acts). That's all. Life will carry on just fine without me when it is my turn to go.

But while we are on stage we should play the part we should be playing. (I still haven't figured out what my part is. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

Yes, fear is something I enjoy speaking about. Fear, in general, is a limit we have allowed to be placed on how we live our life. Doesn't matter the fear. At the moment we are talking about death.

Why would one fear death. Death is a given. It is the last act we will perform in this life. Some go to sleep and just never wake up. These are the lucky ones.

So you know not how to move forward? Do you know which way is forward? Turn into that direction. Now fall flat on your face. There, you have moved forward. Sure, it was a little rough and it will take time for the nose to heal but still.

Making mistakes is a part of life. We should never fear making mistakes. What is important though is that we learn from our mistakes and try to not make the same ones more than once. (It took me a while to learn that one - I got married three times.)

Death is just the end of Act I (or for the believers in reincarnation, one of the Acts). That's all. Life will carry on just fine without me when it is my turn to go.

But while we are on stage we should play the part we should be playing. (I still haven't figured out what my part is. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

Making mistakes IS a part of life, but my failure to learn from them is deathly crippling.

I have not yet learned how to get land, live off the land, and support a family.

I have not learned how to even keep a mate.

I have not learned how to work toward my goals without the support of a mate.

I have not learned how to work toward my goals alone period.

What the heck do you want from me???

Songs,

Not to be rude, but I really don't accept your opinion. I only accept opinions from people qualified to give them. I am going to go ahead and just nip this in the bud, and agree to disagree with you. The more I argue on here the stupider I feel.

If taoist immortality turns out to be a myth then I guess I get to share the same fate as everyone else whatever that may be.

OK, I'll drop it, but it's not just my opinion. (But I don't think you would accept much from anybody else except the Magus of Java himself, anyway).

Perhaps a more sure way would be to just arrive at a happiness that is not based on conditions? Certainly a better bet than becoming a Taoist immortal?

Making mistakes IS a part of life, but my failure to learn from them is deathly crippling.

I have not yet learned how to get land, live off the land, and support a family.

I have not learned how to even keep a mate.

I have not learned how to work toward my goals without the support of a mate.

I have not learned how to work toward my goals alone period.

What the heck do you want from me???

I want nothing 'from' you. I want only that you find a path for yourself. My path probably wouldn't work for you because we have had different experiences in life and our external conditions are different.

Yes, it is important that we learn from our mistakes. Keeps us from wasting so much time.

Regarding a mate, if you give a person what they need they will hang around. Find someone who needs something you have and you will have taken the first step. The second step is to know how and when to give.

Yeah, sounds like you still have a lot of learning to do. We all go through that phase of life. Hopefully we will make progress once we establish goals and try different means for accomplishing them.

As always, Best Wishes!

Peace & Love!