ralis

Believing You Are Very Good Or Evil Boosts Your Physical Capabilities

As the article was presented, I don't buy it. Where is the control group who are neither naughty or nice?

And who determined whether we are naughty or nice? Nice people can do naughty things depending on the conditions and the situation and vice versa.

Peace & Love!

As the article was presented, I don't buy it. Where is the control group who are neither naughty or nice?

Good point. In the second study there was a third group who were writing morally neutral stories, and that could be a control group. In the first one though...? I don't see any mention of a control group.

And who determined whether we are naughty or nice? Nice people can do naughty things depending on the conditions and the situation and vice versa.

Peace & Love!

People determined it for their own selves. I don't think discussion on whether something is actually moral is relevant per se. This is a study of beliefs and not of actuality. It is the belief in one's morality that supposedly helps and not the actual morality.

Edited by goldisheavy

Goooooooood..... goood.... let the hate flow through you.... - Darth Sidious

No, I am a Jedi, like my father before me. - Luke Skywalker

Nothing.

Everyone believes in something, even if it is only the belief that they believe in nothing. The person who doesn't believe he believes in something hasn't yet thought it through at all. It is through the exploration and personal challenging of one's own beliefs that growth is begins.

As per my previous response, i wholeheartedly disagree. :lol: it is my conclusion that the collective whole of all of everything is the exacting of nothingness.

That is, 100% all of all as one whole is equal to pure "nothing".

A yin and yang perspective:

All of all is the "white" nothing, and none of all is the "black" nothing.

They are equal but not identical, the same yet only as similar as two snowflakes.

I believe in "nothing". I cultivate everything (i know how/to).