DalTheJigsaw123

Thoughts on 2012?

Thoughts on 2012?

I don't buy into any of it. (Of course, you probably already figured that out about me. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

Galactic alignment, nothing more.

Just as earth has 12 months, the galaxy is split into segments, and 2012 marks the beginning of a galactic "solstice" and transition into a new galactic "season" and month.

It's jsut a segment in the cycles of the breath and bind of all things that are...

Yeppers, sometimes emotional energy changes with the seasons, certain stars. Just qi changes.

My prediction for 2012:

People will love. People will hate.

People will be born, and people will die.

People will be happy, and people will be sad.

lol i really get annoyed by those type of "predictions" :P lol

I predict that the next galactic season will bring to us the fruit of unconditional agape Love on a general scale which the past season presented us with war...

These are very special times we live in. This is the age of people saying "We are in the age of..." and "These are very special times we live in".

When the calendar shows 2013 and nothing out of the ordinary, people really should mock those who made great predictions and got drunk on the hype. Then we should not pass the opportunity to learn a GREAT deal about human society, history and psychology. Besides, how funny would it be if all the important prophecies of so many cultures about that date amount to nothing?! :lol:

Seriously, if we don't make people learn from things like that, they will continue to simply set another date. Which will be wrong, too. And if this repeats a few times, you will have fanatics. And if fanatics don't get it their way, they will do everything in their power to MAKE the prophecy happen.

And that is just politics. :mellow:

These are very special times we live in. This is the age of people saying "We are in the age of..." and "These are very special times we live in".

When the calendar shows 2013 and nothing out of the ordinary, people really should mock those who made great predictions and got drunk on the hype. Then we should not pass the opportunity to learn a GREAT deal about human society, history and psychology. Besides, how funny would it be if all the important prophecies of so many cultures about that date amount to nothing?! :lol:

Seriously, if we don't make people learn from things like that, they will continue to simply set another date. Which will be wrong, too. And if this repeats a few times, you will have fanatics. And if fanatics don't get it their way, they will do everything in their power to MAKE the prophecy happen.

Great points!

:)

I wouldnt shrug it off, but keep monitoring the world events. Not as a fixed time but a kind of average. This hottest summer on record this year doesnt exactly tell me to bury my head in the sand. I also have been encountering lately people just randomly showing up in my life, who are relatively awakened. There's a in interesting conviction among these people that the population is too high and needs to be lowered. Why this Malthusian extremism among progressive thinkers?

There's a in interesting conviction among these people that the population is too high and needs to be lowered. Why this Malthusian extremism among progressive thinkers?

You really need an answer for that?

Why do so many nature-lovers believe Al Gore's lies?

You really need an answer for that?

Why do so many nature-lovers believe Al Gore's lies?

Please explain further as if I dont know what Al Gore said, and what he said are lies, and what that really means in the context of what I said.

It can be a mixture of many reasons. A major influence are powerful manipulators, but everybody can be a manipulator. Underlying is the basic principle of deviating from honesty because of attachments. Your so-called 'progressive thinker' demanding a reduction in world population might have the idea about natural harmony and that humans have to interfer to maintain it. That 'overpopulation' is seen in quite the same way as industrialization. 'Opinion-makers' present a problem to the people, connected with negative consequences, and thus spreading fear. And if you're afraid of nature being destroyed, and an authority-figure tells you that overpopulation is one cause, you adapt this view, because it serves your agenda. And you believe, say, a politician like Al Gore, because he represents influence/power. In your frustration caused by your fight against the big evils, you are glad to have found a powerful lobbyist for your cause.

It appears ironic, but is not, that this way the misanthropic/egoistic philosophies of rich elitists are spread in the people down to the lowest of society.

And in all this, I think there's a mixture of knowing you're lying and truly believing, and a motion on this axis over time.

It is possible that Al Gore started as a true nature-buff, came to power, used this power to further his views, could afford to lie due to his powerful position and then started to believe his own lies.

Though, as far as I know, the current state of things is that it is pretty hard to believe that Al Gore doesn't know he's lying. I mean, he's got a history of presidential campaign, and you have no chance to win by being honest.

By the way, there's an interesting, outrageous case with Bill O'Reilly, that rude slander-king of Fox News. Someone wanted to sue him for what he said, and his lawyer told him they would have to prove that O'Reilly knows that he's lying. The judge might conclude that O'Reilly might really believe what he says, thus they would lose the case. Ludicrous, and maybe that was just one lawyer's opinion, but you see how problematic this is.

I think, though, that on some level, people (at least many people) know damn well when they're being dishonest. Because, like I tried to explain, you can condition yourself with your own free will and decisions to believe your own lies ... because it serves your purpose. You corrupt courself.

What you say makes little sense to me. I dont know what this obsession with Gore is. The overpopulation theory has been common in Economics since Malthus. Why make this so abstract? Sounds a bit out of touch.

Edited by de_paradise

What you say makes little sense to me. I dont know what this obsession with Gore is. The overpopulation theory has been common in Economics since Malthus. Why make this so abstract? Sounds a bit out of touch.

Well, why don't you give your explanation, demonstrating what would be less 'abstract'?

It is the result of years of research and interest in sociology, psychology, history and many other areas, all merged to derive insights. I don't say that this is definitive in every detail, but the things I described are certainly factors involved in the conduct of people.

Why do you see little sense? Why do you perceive an "obsession" with Al Gore? What are you referring to as being obsessive? How is is relevant in regards to your posting and my answer that Malthus' theory is allegedly 'common' in economics? Please explain more detailed what you perceive as 'out of touch'.

Edited by Hardyg

Again, Hardyg, it appears that your "years of of research and interest in sociology, psychology, history and many other areas, all merged to derive insights" have led you to almost the exact same viepoint as mine has, even though our independent research was conducted on different continents.

Funny how that works, eh?

Yes, 'birds of a feather flock together', unless they are 'nature haters', in which case they take the bus.*

* or carpool in their BMW's on da Autobahn.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Again, Hardyg, it appears that your "years of of research and interest in sociology, psychology, history and many other areas, all merged to derive insights" have led you to almost the exact same viepoint as mine has, even though our independent research was conducted on different continents.

Funny how that works, eh?

Actually, quite natural I'd say. It is nearly unavoidable for this research and experience to become worldwide. This is certainly the case where the internet is used as a source of information.

My personal experience here in Germany concerning this matter shows the same phenomena.

These are basic motives of human conduct, everywhere the same. That's simply because the manipulators love to apply their power using these entry-points, because they are common and thus very attractive. You could also say time-tested.

Not worth debating anything on tb forum anymore. The level of intelligence certainly has declined.

So that's why you're trolling in Off-Topic now. ^_^

Edited by Hardyg

Actually, quite natural I'd say. It is nearly unavoidable for this research and experience to become worldwide. This is certainly the case where the internet is used as a source of information.

My personal experience here in Germany concerning this matter shows the same phenomena.

These are basic motives of human conduct, everywhere the same. That's simply because the manipulators love to apply their power using these entry-points, because they are common and thus very attractive. You could also say time-tested.

So that's why you're trolling in Off-Topic now. ^_^

:lol:^_^:rolleyes: Must be hell living in Germany. Sucks the life out of a person.

I take it that ad hominem attacks replace logic in the Mystic Canyons? I thought I detected more depth in you in the past than is recently being displayed. Or maybe I have just been here long enough to begin seeing through a veneer...

What kind of veneer? Seeing through what?

Explain!

I tried to engage hardy previously in a humorous exchange in another thread, and he will have nothing of anything humorous. (I ended up erasing my posts because he came across as a cheerless lug-he continues to feel like he is "diagnosing" me and tells me to deal with my "inner demons" because I tease his joyless Bavarian Creme filled chubby self). So I teased him about being stuck in Germany, because he has zero sense of humor. I don't see how that's ad hominem, the most mis-understood term on taobums. Not many understand humor here, or apparently have a sense of humor.

So because you two have similar political leanings in different countries implies that your arguments are right? Now that's solid logic! And that's what I was pointing out in my first post about the autobahn. Grumpy Grandpa Hardy called me a troll, so I responded. I think if I were stuck on a plane seated next to either of you, I'd be movin' to another seat ASAP. :lol: (note laughing emoticon included to emphasize humorous jab at obnoxious forum member). B) Here's hoping you're less dour than your Cherman partner in (logical) crime. I do sincerely hope Mr hardy gets an exorcist for his inner trolls... :lol:

Putting the city-dwelling nature-haters on igno', so I don't have to listen to them any mo'. (Plus, Hardy's too easy to mess with). Ta Ta! :wub::rolleyes:

I ended up erasing my posts because he came across as a cheerless lug

And you talk about logic. :rolleyes:

You gradually deleted your posts in "The Tao of McDonald's" because I pointed out your weaknesses and you felt like losing ground, because your facade was crumbling, so nobody could verify your weird claim of being humorous afterwards. Your projection of your own behavior onto others speaks quite clearly of inner troubles. Why not engage those shortcomings in yourself, where they are real?

Edited by Hardyg

Yes, let's mock them!! The fools!! Maybe we can stone them too, before this prediction stuff gets out of hand and these people start actually plotting to have an asteroid wipe out all the life on Earth!! We must make people learn from their foolishness!! Stop them before they set another date for destruction!! We MUST rid them of their erroneous ways of thinking!!!

Seriously, it would be funny at first, of course, that their dangerous prophecies amount to nothing, but this will repeat, and then the end won't come, and they'll become fanatics, and then the polar ice caps will reverse with nuclear explosions and stuff and then their idiocy really will bring about 2012 in, like 2015!!! The fanatics...holy scheisse, everyone knows fanatics are drunk on the hype and very, very dangerous!!! These are indeed very special times we live in and they MUST be stopped!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:

(sorry, my inner demons and torment made me write this!! I cannot be held responsible!! I'm going to go hide in my Mystical Canyons now!!!)