shaolin

boosting immunity

Its been said that all year round cold buckets or showers boost a persons immunity and can help prevent catching the common cold and flu.

Its also said that by wearing light clothes , rather than wrapping up warm can also prevent colds.

Do cold showers effect a persons qi qong? I was advised not to take them in winter as they deplete qi.

Most of the time in winter, I find that as soon as I enter a building I start sweating because the room is heated over 20 degrees c than outside and then go back out to the cold whilst feeling hot and flustered.

Any ideas?

Lots of misconceptions. Ignore all of them. I replied to a similar message in another of your threads.

Send me some money and I will give you proper advice.

Its been said that all year round cold buckets or showers boost a persons immunity and can help prevent catching the common cold and flu.

Its also said that by wearing light clothes , rather than wrapping up warm can also prevent colds.

Do cold showers effect a persons qi qong? I was advised not to take them in winter as they deplete qi.

Most of the time in winter, I find that as soon as I enter a building I start sweating because the room is heated over 20 degrees c than outside and then go back out to the cold whilst feeling hot and flustered.

Any ideas?

good tea, a healthy diet, and PROPER BREATHING. that's all you need, really. the biggest dual killer of the immune system is chemicals introduced through unhealthy food, and stress, which produces cortisol, which suppresses the immune system.

avoid eating toxic foods, make friends with green tea and pu-erh, and master your breathing. no more than 3-4 breaths per minute, relaxed breathing- deep into the belly, and don't breathe in through the mouth.

i never catch colds. you don't need to perform unnatural acts to shock your system into being strong. more often than not people tend to do more harm than good that way.

release the stress in your life on a regular basis.

and do a lot of this. :lol:

Lots of misconceptions. Ignore all of them. I replied to a similar message in another of your threads.

Send me some money and I will give you proper advice.

Durkrod's advice only pertains within his fundamental TCM framework. There are other points of view to consider:

taobums- cold water therapy thread

Send me some money and I will tell durkrod what the deal is with cold water.

Durkrod's advice only pertains within his fundamental TCM framework

Agreed.

Try cold water and see how you feel. Especially since it's summer time. :)

Send me some money and I will tell durkrod what the deal is with cold water.

Well don't forget in the end to send me your money, lol.

Guest paul walter

good tea, a healthy diet, and PROPER BREATHING. that's all you need, really. the biggest dual killer of the immune system is chemicals introduced through unhealthy food, and stress, which produces cortisol, which suppresses the immune system.

avoid eating toxic foods, make friends with green tea and pu-erh, and master your breathing. no more than 3-4 breaths per minute, relaxed breathing- deep into the belly, and don't breathe in through the mouth.

i never catch colds. you don't need to perform unnatural acts to shock your system into being strong. more often than not people tend to do more harm than good that way.

release the stress in your life on a regular basis.

and do a lot of this. :lol:

Yes all this is good and correct. I recovered my wrecked circulation and learnt to love the cold again through this sort of action. Also-I do have cold showers (Luke warm is ok too in winter)but you must breath and have internal heat to counter the 'shock'. Even in winter i crave cold showers cause they boost endorphins/give vigour like nothing else :o . Also not avoiding cold weather is a key thing-don't sit in front of electrical sources of heat (will drain you of kidney qi and destroy you're internal thermostat), get out and walk (or run) in the cold. Paul

Edited by paul walter

They call opening the microcosmic orbit the cure to 100 diseases..

This is done by conserving jing and converting it to yang qi - to rebuild your yang nature.

if the jing is gathered for another hundred days an additional 64 zhu of qi is gained while the yang principle is increased to 2 units; the body now becomes very strong and all ailments vanish. - Taoist Yoga, p 19
Kidney has 384 Shu (measure of Yang Qi) at peak.

Yang Jing is cultivated directly through meditation and stillness.

Enemy of stillness is motion. Stillness is the key to cultivation. Without stillness Jing is leaked and eventually you run at a deficit. If the yang Jing quality is low then the person will have menstrual problems and kidney deficiency. To fix the body first must fix Yang Jing. Yin Jing is easy to fix through food quality. Yang Jing is harder to fix. Quality of Jing directly affects quality of Qi.

Emotions leak Qi and motion leaks Qi.

To stop leaking Qi, females in 80 days, males with 100 days of practice to regain 1 bar. Must start to practice Tai Qi, Qi Gong, Meditation, etc.

It takes females 480 days of practice to get back to youthful (14 years of internal age). It takes males 600 days to return to 16 years of age.

The more intelligent you become the more your spiritual energy decreases.

Remember, the goal of neidan is to cultivate your yang shen, so rebuilding your yang qi is very important to this (as well as your health). To do this, you have to reverse your natural decline of yangness starting from around age 16. And the older you are, the longer this will take.. Edited by vortex

Great stuff Vortex, very serious and dedicated training.

I wish I could control my mind to get those results. Too many distractions.