Apech

Maybe there is a point to the iPad after all

fab. the point of the iPad is that it's elegant and intelligently designed and fun.

hugely important qualities, and not just in people.

Don't tell me! I haven't read the first part, I just went straight to reply....

Lets me guess.....

You used it to throw at the returning England team for their terrible performance!

I was meditating the other day, and I had a realization, it was this: English international football is crap! I'm one step closer to enlightenment.

Now let's see if I guessed correctly.

Awww that sucks! You posted a video, I can's see it. Must be youtube. I'm pretty sure it was your Mrs filming you hurling the ipad at Wayne Rooney in particular as he got off the coach. One things for sure....he certainly didn't manage to header it when you did!

No it was someone painting a portrait on an iPad - looks like a 'real' painting. Why can't you see youtube?

I wouldn't waste an iPad on Rooney when a large heavy object would do ... like Gerrard for instance.

No it was someone painting a portrait on an iPad - looks like a 'real' painting. Why can't you see youtube?

I wouldn't waste an iPad on Rooney when a large heavy object would do ... like Gerrard for instance.

They banned it in China ages ago. It's on the firewall list of 'you can't look at it, so there!'. They did open it up again during the Olympics mind you, just to show all the western reporters how China in fact has no restrictions, then, a month or so after, promptly banned it again. Facebook too, which I'm not worried about by the way, as it wasted far too much of my time.

Honestly, it's a whole rigmarole to watch youtube, first i have to get the link, then i have to use a proxy, and then i have to use other software to download it so I can finally watch it. Actually the proxy I sometimes use has got a bit better, so nowadays I can watch with a simple link. Still cant comment on facebook though(that's a good thing).

Personally I think the ipad would make a fantastic coaster for a one of those oversized cups for tea or soup.

OH, ninpo, are you IN china?

I feel silly sometimes i jsut have the habit of assuming everyone online is america. why is that??? i wonder...

Your i-pad comments were hilarious, but why waste the money on something lighter than a rock, which i could get for free? :P

Personally I think the ipad would make a fantastic coaster for a one of those oversized cups for tea or soup.

I'm sure the iPhone has a coaster app for a normal cup ... so that makes sense that they should release the iPad for the larger drinking vessels. Perhaps then the iCosy for the intelligent teapot ... the possibilities are endless.

OH, ninpo, are you IN china?

I feel silly sometimes i jsut have the habit of assuming everyone online is america. why is that??? i wonder...

Your i-pad comments were hilarious, but why waste the money on something lighter than a rock, which i could get for free? :P

There are a handful or so on this site in China. Apech7 is also not in America. He's in a country called Manchester! It should be part of England, but it's not really, they just refused to move the city to Iceland....we did beg though, but to no avail.

It would be difficult to balance a cup on a rock, you might need to put an ipad on top of it to create a flatter surface.

I'm sure the iPhone has a coaster app for a normal cup ... so that makes sense that they should release the iPad for the larger drinking vessels. Perhaps then the iCosy for the intelligent teapot ... the possibilities are endless.

Well, yes, I think there's a proposed 'inthetoilet' app, it tells you how long you've been in the toilet, the average toilet times of different nationalities and a points system for 'style in going to the toilet'. The ipad is perfect for this as you can take it anywhere(although why you would want to is anyones guess)! They've not quite figured out yet how it can help with wiping....BUT I THINK I KNOW!!

Honestly I think the ipad is Apples cunning plan, they've got another product soon to come out which isn't that great, so they decided to bring out a really ridiculous one first, so that when the next product comes out everyone will think it's great by comparison.

There are a handful or so on this site in China. Apech7 is also not in America. He's in a country called Manchester! It should be part of England, but it's not really, they just refused to move the city to Iceland....we did beg though, but to no avail.

I quite fancy a move to Iceland, I'm quite partial to frozen foods but I think it would have been a big yes vote if you had offered to tow us to Tescos cos it would cut down the Taxi fares.

I quite fancy a move to Iceland, I'm quite partial to frozen foods but I think it would have been a big yes vote if you had offered to tow us to Tescos cos it would cut down the Taxi fares.

lol lol lol :lol:

I didn't see that one coming!

Not a Sainsburys man then? Last time I went there I could barely recognize the place. It's transformed into a la di da delicatessen/bakery/I don't know what.

I'm trying to think of that local store that used to sell food and stuff but they also did funerals! It was almost dead(no pun intended)when I was about ten, you know the one, blue discount stamps. My mother kept a whole load of 'em in a draw(stamps, not dead people). They might be worth a bit on ebay now, at least worth a lot more than they were then. Ohhhhh what was the name!!!???

lol lol lol :lol:

I didn't see that one coming!

Not a Sainsburys man then? Last time I went there I could barely recognize the place. It's transformed into a la di da delicatessen/bakery/I don't know what.

I'm trying to think of that local store that used to sell food and stuff but they also did funerals! It was almost dead(no pun intended)when I was about ten, you know the one, blue discount stamps. My mother kept a whole load of 'em in a draw(stamps, not dead people). They might be worth a bit on ebay now, at least worth a lot more than they were then. Ohhhhh what was the name!!!???

Co-op? Spar? I don't know who had blue stamps I only remember Greenshield and tesco pink ones.

Co-op do funerals they have place near us - conveniently close to a busy road.

Edited by apepch7

Co-op? Spar? I don't know who had blue stamps I only remember Greenshield and tesco pink ones.

Co-op do funerals they have place near us - conveniently close to a busy road.

Co-op! That's the one! Perhaps the Co-op and Apple should join forces and then the Co-op could be the sole supplier of ipads. ipads and funeral services. ifunerals or..........wait for it..........itombs! They could sell the ipad as a state of the art headstone. It could display all the important information about the deceased at the touch of the screen(costs extra for that app though). And if you get bored at the grave side('cos lets face it, the conversation isn't that great)you could always watch a movie(as long as it's in the Apple app/roved format)!

Anyway, I've got no time to hang around here all night and 'talk shop' with you!

Co-op! That's the one! Perhaps the Co-op and Apple should join forces and then the Co-op could be the sole supplier of ipads. ipads and funeral services. ifunerals or..........wait for it..........itombs! They could sell the ipad as a state of the art headstone. It could display all the important information about the deceased at the touch of the screen(costs extra for that app though). And if you get bored at the grave side('cos lets face it, the conversation isn't that great)you could always watch a movie(as long as it's in the Apple app/roved format)!

Anyway, I've got no time to hang around here all night and 'talk shop' with you!

Ha ha ... I can't believe it I found this!

Video Enhanced Gravemarker

just when you thought you had an original idea ... but it wasn't an iThought was it?

Edited by apepch7

Ha ha ... I can't believe it I found this!

Video Enhanced Gravemarker

just when you thought you had an original idea ... but it wasn't an iThought was it?

You really know how to spoil a mans breakfast don't you. Honestly this internet thing has made any kind of original thought redundant. Do you think Edison ever had this problem with his inventions?

Edison: I'm gonna invent something!

Bloke: What?

Edison: The electric light bulb!

Bloke: What's that?

Edison: I'm not gonna tell ya!

Bloke:...........

I mean really, almost everything that can be thought of has already been thought of. What use is creative thought when it all already exists somewhere on internet land. I would have to invent something so abstract and pointless to make sure it was a thought that had never been thought....something like........

Thinking.........

Hmmmm, scroll slowly......

I know.....I think i've got something........

.......wait..................

....ohhhhhh..............

...Fuck!!!! I've just invented the ipad!!! Something abstract and useless! It exactly fits the bill! Well, at least I know now why they invented it, there's literally nothing else left! So creative thought still does have use place then.

Here's another use for the iPad:

OH HEY I KNOW!!!

LET'S SPEND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MILLION DOLLARS ON TECHNOLOGY OVER THE LAST 1,000 YEARS SO THAT WE CAN MAKE A $500 DEVICE AND TURN AROUND AND BROADCAST ITS DESTRUCTION FOR THE WORLD TO SEE.

heck, that $500 alone could probably feed a small 3'rd world country for a decade.

...Fuck!!!! I've just invented the ipad!!! Something abstract and useless! It exactly fits the bill! Well, at least I know now why they invented it, there's literally nothing else left! So creative thought still does have use place then.

I invented that you're hilarious.

http://blankitcomics.com/2009/10/22/always-the-skeptic/

Edited by Stoner Shadow Wolf

Congratulations.

Not in a happy place today are we.

That was supposed to eb funny, about people inventing thiungs that already exist... and that scene in that comic came to mind :lol: misunderstanding maybe?

Anyway Ninps I think you got that conversation wrong, it went like this:

Edison: Hey come and look at the blueprints for my new invention - the light-bulb.

Bloke: Can't see them mate its too dark in here, hang on I'll just ...

Edison: Wow! That's bright what the hell is it.

Bloke: Just something I knocked up called a tungsten filament glass vacuum globe or TFGVG.

Edison: Oh.

Bloke: So where's your drawings?

Edison: Oh I think I lost them ... suddenly ... by mistake ...

Bloke: Well if they turn up give me a ring!

Edison: A ring? How do you mean?

Bloke : On this thing ... I call it a personal to person communicator or PTPC ... one day everyone will have them ... you just put in the number and it rings at the other end ...then you talk in here ...

Edison: Yep I get the picture ... bastard ...

Bloke: Hey I heard that and this conversation is being recorded so watch your language.

Edison: Recorded! I don't see a scribe.

Bloke: Nah ... there's no scribe ... see that wax cylinder with the horn thingy ...

Edison: ....shit ....damn ...

Anyway Ninps I think you got that conversation wrong, it went like this:

Edison: Hey come and look at the blueprints for my new invention - the light-bulb.

Bloke: Can't see them mate its too dark in here, hang on I'll just ...

Edison: Wow! That's bright what the hell is it.

Bloke: Just something I knocked up called a tungsten filament glass vacuum globe or TFGVG.

Edison: Oh.

Bloke: So where's your drawings?

Edison: Oh I think I lost them ... suddenly ... by mistake ...

Bloke: Well if they turn up give me a ring!

Edison: A ring? How do you mean?

Bloke : On this thing ... I call it a personal to person communicator or PTPC ... one day everyone will have them ... you just put in the number and it rings at the other end ...then you talk in here ...

Edison: Yep I get the picture ... bastard ...

Bloke: Hey I heard that and this conversation is being recorded so watch your language.

Edison: Recorded! I don't see a scribe.

Bloke: Nah ... there's no scribe ... see that wax cylinder with the horn thingy ...

Edison: ....shit ....damn ...

That's probably about right.

So when you buying an ipad then? Don't act like you don't want one!

So the video shows what? That you can do art with computers? If you are skilled enough, you can do everything with nothing, and drawing with electronic assistance is nothing new.

I mean, it's not like with the iPad there will be a lot more Mona Lisas out there now. :lol:

So the video shows what? That you can do art with computers? If you are skilled enough, you can do everything with nothing, and drawing with electronic assistance is nothing new.

I mean, it's not like with the iPad there will be a lot more Mona Lisas out there now. :lol:

That's true but its still impressive I think.