Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Let's Go Jessie!!!!!

Jessie Forbes, Ken Shamrocks first pick for his team on the Ultimate Fighter 3, trains at my gym. He is a really good wrestler and very strong. I can definetly see him win the whole thing.

Even though Ken didn't bring in a submissions expert Jessie has trained BJJ alot and will be fine. I have seen really good BJJ guys put him in submissions and he just powers out.

One of the last classes I took before my injury was with Jessie. We just drilled takedowns for over an hour straight. I didn't know he got on there even though I saw him a few weeks ago since I have been so out of it from my injury but really happy for him. He is a very nice guy and all class.

Ken didn't bring in a submissions expert.

Before the start of the season, I thought highly of Ken and not much of Tito. Now I think Tito is a much better person and trainer then Ken.

To bring a nitrition expert instead of a crapling coach? "eat more protein to rebuild the muscles"- wow, what a great advice, I've never heard that before. :)

It depends. Ken might have already known who is good at what. For example, Jessie already knows BJJ well enough and it looks like most of the guys on the team are already exprerienced.

Also, you can make the argument that your can't really teach that much BJJ in 2 months or whatever and it's best to focus on conditioning.

People don't realize the guy Ken brought in is a top nutrition and strength coach so he wil probably be teaching them alot of other stuff besides diet.

As far as I remember Ken has never been submitted so it's an interesting philosophy. Just get them big and strong and brawl.

Also, Tito brought in a top BJJ guy but he doesn't have the years of experience coaching Ken does. Ken is more like a father figure coach Tito is more like a friend who can beat you up.

It will be interesting.

Edited by Cameron

People don't realize the guy Ken brought in is a top nutrition and strength coach so he wil probably be teaching them alot of other stuff besides diet.

They would rather have a grapling coach as some of them expressed. Ken got lucky by getting his turn.

Ken's brother Frank is a master of submission but he has bad blood with UFC now unfortunately.

It sucks we can't see him fight in UFC aymore he is 10x better than Ken and beat Tito already.

Edited by Cameron

Sign in to follow this