Sign in to follow this  
Fireblood

Newbie questions on Immortal being stuff...

I've been into Chi Kung and other energy work for a while but always looked at everything from a biological sort of perspective, keeps me sane. So I have my own personal ideas of what the heck is really going on in there (the body).

Now recently I've been reading more HT stuff. I came across all these ideas about beings been born after you complete the lesser Kan and Li, half immortal and the sorts.

I'm not too keen on going Schizophrenic or anything but want to progress in my practice like I have been so far. I have always practiced for health benefits and calm mind and martial arts etc, not religion.

So, I'm not sure what my questions are but here goes:

I definately don't want a being inside me, is it metaphorical usage of language? The immortal being, been born etc...

Can I continue my practice as I have been from a neutral religious perspective, i.e looking at it all as a biological phenomenon?

I would greatly appreciate any pointers to the way forward, I really would like to keep up my progress.

Total bullshit imo. Winn believes in it, and you can ask him directly on his forum if you have questions about it. I do believe in spiritual life after death, but I don't think that it needs to be earned. Death is such a huge phase shift that I don't think anyone, scientist, guru, psychic, etc has a good reading on what it is like. I think the taoist sages observed that ghosts seem to fade away over time, so they figured that's just what happens. In fact, ghosts are just energy footprints left behind much like a corpse, and shouldn't be confused with "your face before you were born".

jmho,

Yoda

Fireblood,

Hey! you stole my avatar. Is that legal???

(Sheesh, where are the cops when you need them? :D )

I definately don't want a being inside me, is it metaphorical usage of language? The immortal being, been born etc...

Can I continue my practice as I have been from a neutral religious perspective, i.e looking at it all as a biological phenomenon?

?#1: imo, its not about making a little man (or woman) inside your belly, its about how light naturally integrates with your own body. ime, light is effectively helpful to the process of qigong, but you don't have to believe any particular theory about what the light is or isn't.

?#2: I think that the best any of us can do is be honest with ourselves, and keep integrity with our own experience, both as best we can. Just be true to your own experience, atheist~agnostic~theistic, where ever you are on the continuum. Looked at from another way, "calming the mind" isn't about believing anything.

Trunk

btw, welcome to the Tao Bums. B)

Edited by Trunk

Thanks.

Thanks Freeform, your post was most comforting. O.K we're getting somewhere. I've always looked at chi as energy, simple as. The fact that I can't entirely define it is irrelevant, I know it's real. I know some of it's behaviours; it travels through meridians, it can be hot, it can tingle, etc etc. I don't need to be able to totally define it, I accept that.

In fact, ghosts are just energy footprints left behind much like a corpse, and shouldn't be confused with "your face before you were born".

Yoda, you've thrown me totally off with the ghost stuff? Please tell I'm not going to be seeing faces or ghosts!

----------------------------------------------------------

Trunk, I've sent you an email but it's been delayed for some reason, so the postmaster says. I used to email you a few years back when you were well into your Xing Yi, you most likely won't remember, we only exchanged about ten emails or so. Nice to see you here and thanks for the link here from your website, that's how I found it (Taobums). BTW it's my avatar now...evil laugh. (Nah, not really, I just found it in the user cp, I'll get my own avatar real soon, promise).

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for your input everyone.

Welcome fireblood, awesome quote in your signature! Very true!

Yes you can understand all of this on a scientific/biological level, and this is very important I think. On an experiential level, the birthing of one's "Inner Child" is just a reversing of the againg process, like clearing out all the traumas in your life so you go back to a state of neutral purity and thus effortless positive chi flow.

Edited by GrandTrinity

Sign in to follow this