Sign in to follow this  
hagar

Dennis doesn't exist

And so, there he sits, talking through a mike, laughing, having thoughts, and saying he doesn't exist.

An absolute contradiction at the first level.

Of course Dennis exists else he wouldn't have been doing all those things.

We become delusional when we confuse the spiritual (wu) with physical reality (yo).

(I suppose that it would be good as well, in order to reduce confusion, to specify between Buddhist and Taoist philosophy. All that was Buddhism, of course.)

Peace & Love!

And so, there he sits, talking through a mike, laughing, having thoughts, and saying he doesn't exist.

An absolute contradiction at the first level.

Of course Dennis exists else he wouldn't have been doing all those things.

We become delusional when we confuse the spiritual (wu) with physical reality (yo).

(I suppose that it would be good as well, in order to reduce confusion, to specify between Buddhist and Taoist philosophy. All that was Buddhism, of course.)

Peace & Love!

My intention was not to start a debate about form and formlessness or what is considered reality. It just cracks me up. I think the message is that the ultimate reality of the "Me" is illusional in a basic sense. So Dennis is a construction, but as so, he exists. Just like Disneyland.

I think Mooji is considered a student of Papaji, and a neo-Advaitan. But it really does not matter. Whatever -ism.

My intention was not to start a debate about form and formlessness or what is considered reality. It just cracks me up. I think the message is that the ultimate reality of the "Me" is illusional in a basic sense. So Dennis is a construction, but as so, he exists. Just like Disneyland.

I think Mooji is considered a student of Papaji, and a neo-Advaitan. But it really does not matter. Whatever -ism.

Yep. I really did try to be nice with my comments. I didn't intend on knocking the presentation because it really is a good presentation.

I simple felt a need to indicate that there are differences in the philosophies without placing any value judgements. (I oftentimes fail at this but I think it is understood where I will be coming from whenever speaking to any discussion.)

I do try to stay out of the Buddhist discussions but I also feel it is important to identify which philosophy a particular concept comes from.

I will try to remain silent from this point on.

Peace & Love!

Yep. I really did try to be nice with my comments. I didn't intend on knocking the presentation because it really is a good presentation.

I simple felt a need to indicate that there are differences in the philosophies without placing any value judgements. (I oftentimes fail at this but I think it is understood where I will be coming from whenever speaking to any discussion.)

I do try to stay out of the Buddhist discussions but I also feel it is important to identify which philosophy a particular concept comes from.

I will try to remain silent from this point on.

Peace & Love!

:lol: Don't get me wrong. I too hope to stay out of any buddhist-oriented discussion. I don't think I have the brains, nor the time. Actually, most discussions here I avoid, just because I don't know what they are referring to. This is actually even worse when we come to Daoist discussions. Its like reading about wine tasting in Esperanto!

C'mon. Silence is overrated. Especially "spiritual silence".

h

Thanks Hagar - that was profoundly, terrifically, enjoyably funny! :lol: :lol: Brought tears to me eyes...from laughing so much!! Watching it felt as though i was right there next to Dennis! Maybe i was? :unsure::blink:

Mooji is wonderfully present. I like him a lot. :)

Again, many thanks for this clip.

C'mon. Silence is overrated. Especially "spiritual silence".

h

Hehehe. Thanks for the support. Of course, you know me well enough to know that if there is something I feel needs be said I won't just sit here and wait for someone else to say it. But I agree, my knowledge of Buddism is not strong enough to allow me to get too involved in any Biuddhist discussion.

However, I do love to talk about Taoist philosophy. (That wasn't a secret, was it?)

Peace & Love!

I couldn't get through it.

I got about a minute of the way through, and then just couldn't keep watching.

I dunno, seemed kind of hokey? Not to sound cliche, but it's like that adage where you can realize you don't exist, but that doesn't change the bus that's speeding towards you, or the charging rhino, or whatever it is you want to use.

If you don't exist, then why are you spending so much time talking about it.......?

I'm not one to understand Buddhist apologetics, though, and whenever Buddhist terms start flying in threads, it gets way too complicated for me, so I just back out. Translation- I don't know shit, so don't get angry with my opinion!

Not trying to sound negative, just adding some yin to the yang, or yang to the yin, or my two cents.

I just can't sit through videos like that.

Thanks Hagar - that was profoundly, terrifically, enjoyably funny! :lol: :lol: Brought tears to me eyes...from laughing so much!! Watching it felt as though i was right there next to Dennis! Maybe i was? :unsure::blink:

Mooji is wonderfully present. I like him a lot. :)

Again, many thanks for this clip.

:lol: If we're not careful, we'll sooner or later end up sitting next to Dennis. I've been in that exact position, powerless to do anything about it.

h

I couldn't get through it.

I got about a minute of the way through, and then just couldn't keep watching.

I dunno, seemed kind of hokey? Not to sound cliche, but it's like that adage where you can realize you don't exist, but that doesn't change the bus that's speeding towards you, or the charging rhino, or whatever it is you want to use.

If you don't exist, then why are you spending so much time talking about it.......?

I'm not one to understand Buddhist apologetics, though, and whenever Buddhist terms start flying in threads, it gets way too complicated for me, so I just back out. Translation- I don't know shit, so don't get angry with my opinion!

Not trying to sound negative, just adding some yin to the yang, or yang to the yin, or my two cents.

I just can't sit through videos like that.

Well, lets be honest. It feels embarassing, or maybe even trite, at the beginning, doesn't it? I completely see what you mean. And as oftentimes happens, you watch somebody project their issues and hopes to a teacher. Its actually difficult to not be cynical when watching "satsang-videos". Mostly I just think they should go get a life. But this one was was so over the top. -_-

When Dennis falls apart infront of everyone, its his delusions that goes away. He's not trying to come across as if he's able to vanish in thin air or think himself away. The idea of Dennis caves in.

h

Thanks for that Hagar.

Wow !

Totally cracked me up.

I've got sore ribs from all the laughing.

I've never met anyone from Buddhism who expresses their emotions like this.

Hilarious.

When Dennis falls apart infront of everyone, its his delusions that goes away. He's not trying to come across as if he's able to vanish in thin air or think himself away. The idea of Dennis caves in.

h

Spontaneity transcends all make-beliefs.

You have said it well H.

This man has nothing to do with any traditions, i think. I have listened to a few of his talks and never once heard him mention, even in the slightest, that he is some master of this or that tradition. I think he knows he belongs to the human tradition, and that is essentially the tie that binds... yes? The portrayal of representing some tradition, whether in perceptible or subtle ways, almost always drag up some kind of segregation/exclusion, which, I believe, Mooji understands very well.

Btw, i have no qualms about sitting next to Dennis... :D;)

That happens to me when I'm getting mu teeth worked on.... The Dentist doesn't exist !

That happens to me when I'm getting mu teeth worked on.... The Dentist doesn't exist !

Cute. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this