hajii

Thanks!

I have often found that internet forums are a wonderful source of knowledge, vehicle to chat with experts etc. This forum however has been SO helpful to me, with differnet techniques, sources of knowledge, books, and herbs, and I am really grateful. Often when one is in the midst of change, the ones best able to understand, and council, are those who have gone thru it themselves. And reading the posts here has really made me feel less "out there". :)

I haven't posted much yet ( I have some areas I'd like to explore), as I've mostly been reading (and enjoying) lots of great material here. I have some books on order (recommended here and on some sites I was lead to from here) that will be nice additions to my small library.

I got a wicked headache yesterday (kind of centered on the jade pillow, extending thru my skull to the third eye region) that pretty much had me begging for mercy, not doing much but a bit of zazen. Maybe i just needed some rest, or the energy is getting clogged up there (kind of thought I had more of a clog around my sacrum, from manual retention). I have also been using some liver formulas for detoxing, perhaps that is causing it, or the energies are starting to move (I definitely have been feeling/expresssing anger). I'm not sure yet, although my intuition seem to be telling me rest is what I need. I can feel it in the background today, hopefully it will stay there.

I am somewhat overwhelmed by ALL the great techniques, etc, I don't know where to start! I'm an Aries so of course I want my routine perfected NOW :P I have wanted to try some qi gong, but haven't found a teacher yet, MA is probably more accessible here.

I am really enjoying the personalities on this forum, mostly very gentle and friendly. Thank you all!

I am filled with gratitude for this place. I set it up on a whim one day and now it's been and continues to be such a rich source of growth for me. I feel like I've met a lot of great people ... I can't think of a single person here I wouldn't want to have in my home ... and also made some great friendships as well. As a community I think we really just keep evolving every day. I've gotten a lot of thanks over the years for setting this place up, but really truly I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that I can host such a wonderful group of people. Thanks for making this place so special. And thanks hajii for starting this thread so that I could gush. :lol:

Sean

I distinctly remember walking around the campus at Arizona State University after the HT board crashed thinking how someone needs to set up another site where people can talk about this stuff and also have a little more freedom to express there own views without having to worry about getting into flamewars.

Like the next day I found out about this place. I am still somewhat amazed at the quality and insight of those I have met here.

Cameron

Really thanks Sean. I think we're still about 3 months away from the next nonsensical, utterly stupid, Flame fest that arise each year and make you doubt the wisdom of ever starting this site.

You have achieved a wonderful balance here between free expression and keeping criticism polite. Its a very hard trick. You've been doing it so long, the regulars have been into the habit of doing it automatically.

I didn't like this boards layout at first. But I've learned to recognize the genius of it. For the all the work, thanks.

Michael

yes i'll say thanks too.

i've changed pretty dramatically since i've been here and actually now have virtually nothing to do with taoism (although this is only from a personal practice point of view, the real teachings and concepts of the tao are universal and i cannot but follow the natural law of the universe), but i have learnt a lot from being here (i am particularly grateful for being introduced to RMAX through this forum) and continue to return for the stimulating conversation and the open-minded and friendly participants here.

and also, thanks for the invite sean :P

i'd be more than happy to share a meal with all of you.

B);):D

if i was cooking for you peoples you better believe i'd knock something tasty up!

i'm real proud of my current breakfasts.

soup (sometimes miso, sometimes just salt and pepper) with veggies, which depend on what i get for free from the organic vege seller i work for.

this morning it was salt and pepper soup with green beans, squash, broccoli, sweet potato, left over merguez (spicy lamb sausage), buk choy, fresh warrigal greens from the garden and mung bean sprouts (added after i finished cooking).

preceded by a glass of raw, biodynamic buttermilk.....

what a breakfast, huh?

:P

Just to add my thoughts to this love-fest :)

This site (the posts, the people, the links, the knowledge, ...) has been the greatest resource I have found over the last few years. Not only is it enjoyable hanging out here, but the number of tips, book recommendations etc that I have gathered (and the fortune I have spent at amazon!) is fantastic!

So, thanks to all, and especially Sean