Sign in to follow this  
atxryan

Two questions

Hello Tao people,

When finishing a meditation in a cross legged position, I'm not sure the best way to move or get up after massaging my face, head, and ears. It seems that if I bend of a little bit or move the wrong way bunch of blockages form in my torso, which then aren't that easy to undo immediately. So what are some good ways of finishing a meditation so as to avoid this.

Secondly, what sort of practices are and aren't appropriate for a Full Moon. Is Full Moon meditation only to be avoided by people using Full Lotus, or is it for everyone? Specifically, are practices such as microcosmic orbit, sitting and forgetting, macrocosmic orbit, and general movement qiqong forms okay to practice?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully respond!

Ryan

Edited by atxryan

Hello Tao people,

When finishing a meditation in a cross legged position, I'm not sure the best way to move or get up after massaging my face, head, and ears. It seems that if I bend of a little bit or move the wrong way bunch of blockages form in my torso, which then aren't that easy to undo immediately. So what are some good ways of finishing a meditation so as to avoid this.

I just lean back a bit and relax by taking a breath in, then slowly out as I lean back and unlace my legs, sometimes with the help of my hands, but making sure to be relaxed and conscious of my lower body feeling supple. I had to learn how to be conscious of my alignment due to a very bad knee injury that I never had surgery for. The bottom part of my right leg still pops out of place sometimes when I come out of meditation posture and I have to go through the pain of popping it back in. So, I've learned to be very careful.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Sign in to follow this