Sign in to follow this  
Qlites

Life Application of Bagua Workshop

Life Application of Bagua with Dragon Gate Sanctuary of Honolulu Head Master, SIfu Ray Carbullido.

Bagua is the study of change and subleties through the practice of circle walking. By reputation, Bagua is known as the highest expression of martial arts. When the mastery of vortexes is accomplished with the oldest traditional practice, it becomes a beautiful spiral dance that coils and uncoils with the Tao, originating from Wu Chi (Void/Emptiness).

Dragon Gate Sanctuary of Honolulu Head Master, SIfu Ray Carbullido, will be sharing his knowledge and practice Bagua and the relevance it has to everyday life. Come and experience a life changing movement. Space is limited.

Schedule: August 2,2010-August 8,2010.

Practical Applications of Bagua - Ideal for martial artists

Mon. 8/2 & Wed. 8/4, 6pm-9pm

Bagua Energetics - Ideal for healers and energetic practitioners

Tues. 8/3 & Thur 8/5, 6pm-9pm

Bagua Meditations - Ideal for people seeking physical, mental, and emotional balance

Fri. 8/6, Sat. 8/7, 9:30am-12:30pm

Bagua Comprehensive - Exploring the "Root Knowledge" that give birth to everything

Sun.8/8, 9:30am-12:30pm

Mesa Community College Rm. 450.

Mesa, AZ

Price: Price: Call for details and early bird special.

Tim White

808-388-3334

[email protected]

dragongatesanctuary.com

Edited by Qlites

I'm curious, what is the value of learning from a system that is closed door to everyone else and therefore can never realize the full system?

Hi Baguakid. What is your definition of closed door system? Closed door system can't realize its full potential due to lack of interaction with other schools or people? What if it is closed door school but does interact with other system masters or master level people only? Would you still have that view? Not that Hawaii Dragon Gate Sanctuary is like that.

Qlites,

What I see from the website dragongatesanctuary.com I see the main teacher has picked his closed door students. So, that means to me that everyone else is a "lessor" type individual, not worthy of higher learning that is being taught to the closed door individuals. Therefore, they, the lessor type students, are getting crumbs of the system and are progressing down an empty road.

Hi Baguakid. I can see how you came to that conclusion now. From my experiences with them, that is not the case. On their website, there are statements and testimonies that will confirm that. But then anyone can write anything on their website and you don't know any of those people that commented there.

You and I know that there will be lessor type students in all schools. Is it the teacher's fault? Sometime but sometime not. When I was there, they did not hold back any teaching and I am just a visitor who hops in whenever I am home to see my parents. They really helped me understand the intention and purpose of the lesson. Of course I do asked for some advices/questions that were beyond just the movement that they just showed that I don't understand yet. They answered it openly without hesitation. It definitely increase my understanding of what they were doing and how that applied to my own system too.

My point is if you are open, sincere, and dare to ask with humbleness, they will do what they can to help. How much you learn and able to mimick your Sifu is due to your own hard work/kung fu. And your advice is very sound but it apply to all schools, not just closed door schools. I had seen schools like what you are talking about.

Thank you for your input and feedback.

Flowry patterns and artforms are merely appealing and promotional. while, yest, they are a product of cultivation, they are also, in the same breath, nothing more than fancy footwork and sensationalistic of a particular way, path, artform, or schooling.

The true highest point of martial arts is the actual act of cultivating your mind, body, soul, and spirit through the 16fold cycles of breath... 4 cycles over 4 areas of the "self".

Learning your mind. inhale, hold, relax, exhale.

Learning your muscle. inhale, hold, relax, exhale.

Learning your soul. inhale, hold, relax, exhale.

Learning your spirit. inhale, hold, relax, exhale.

The mind, awareness, consciousness, expands and contracts like the muscles, the lungs.

The soul, the spirit. we are all connected. the breath is ever binding.

The seed of martial arts...

Is breathing.

Hi Stoner. I can't agree more. I visited several school when I can or on a trip, most people don't practice breathing with their movements. But they sure use it with the screaming punch..lol..

Peace,

Q..

Sign in to follow this