Sign in to follow this  
voice

looking for Narnia

I watched the Narnia dvd last night, and it was fairly good. It brought back interesting memories of reading the books back when I was 10.

One memory I'd forgotten was Aslan's breath of life, which is a strong and good visceral memory.

Another memory is a more interesting one. When reading the books at age 10, I so wanted to find Narnia. I remember exploring into the back of closets in our home, excited and nervous as I touched cautiously behind the clothing. I even remember "burrowing" into a the dark crawl space in the basement, under the stairs, where we stored suitcases and boxes of Christmas ornaments. Such disappointment I felt when the wall, however dark and invisible, was firm and unyielding.

Of course, I've now found that portal into a mysterious world, full of strange creatures, magic, transendence, and paradoxes of time...it is the TaoBums! Well, it was what TaoBums do: meditation / alchemy / inner work.

Did you search for mysterious worlds, such as Narnia, when you were young?

Chris

I would create them in my imagination and literally get lost for days :lol:

Video games sort of took the place of that when I got the first nintendo system. Instead of create worlds with my imagination and play in them I could watch it on the screen and interact with a controller.

Martial arts became a gateway to start using my imaginaiton again for awhile but not like when I was a kid. I wouldn't be able to hold a job if my imaginationw as still like that!

I also did poorly in elementry school since I would bring this right into class. I would be 'spacing out' thinking of other worlds or whatever instead of what the teacher was talking about.

I would translate my wild imagination onto paper, and win all the contests in grade school. :o)

the path seemed crystal clear for this talent at an early stage, so it seems...

My friend and I debated whether to run off to Degoba to be Jedis, but we decided that our parents would miss us too much so we decided to stay on earth.

At one point, we tried to build a shrinking machine consisting of a large cardboard box and a flashlight. We really thought it would work, so we made our parents promise to protect us from the cats and to give us little meals and that kind of thing.

An aquaintance of mine is a children's author and she said that if you write about your memories of childhood on a regular basis that your memories will return bringing back the same pure innoncence while you are at it. It sounds like a very nice project.

I just saw Narnia late last night. It did bring back childhood awarenesses. The first thing I did when I got home was to clean the island in the kitchen, and light a candle on it.

Sign in to follow this