Orochi

LDT (revisitation of Level 1)

Greetings forum. I thought it would be interesting to examine some methods which I have seen spoken of regarding the "filling" of the LDT. Here are a few :

1. Meditation on simply focusing on the LDT.

2. Microcosmic Orbit incorporated into guiding chi to LDT.

3. Directly breathing chi into LDT without orbiting.

4. Similar to 1, but mantra is vibrated in LDT.

5. Accumulation/compression of chi in LDT without breathing it out.

I would be interested to hear those who have tried these variations, or other methods of course, and what similarities or differences they experienced.

Namaste

Edited by Orochi

How about the method of not focusing on the lower LDT? I hear that is the best method for filling the LDT

How about the method of not focusing on the lower LDT? I hear that is the best method for filling the LDT

:wacko:

With regards to prerequisites, soften the area first - embryonic breathing! Mastering the mechanisms of breath will allow you to tame the 'higher amplitude signals' so that you can have a better look at the 'noise' behind it - aka "let the foreground fade away until the background becomes the foreground."

Through natural abdominal breathing you can figure out the most energetically optimal motions/interactions of the component pieces of breath, and then you can work at making them more efficient - relegating the motion to sub-conscious muscle memory, then you can grow/shrink the energy ball there more efficiently :)

That one too I guess. Many traditions do not focus on the navel or LDT at all. The Hindus for example, albeit some traditions focus on the different chakra, do not seem to emphasize accumulation in the navel as do Taoist traditions. Some may perhaps say that filling of a chakra or dantien is a natural result of the opening of the nervous system and is not to be forced or overemphasized like some traditions.

Edited by Orochi

The Hindus for example, albeit some traditions focus on the different chakra, do not seem to emphasize accumulation in the navel as do Taoist traditions.

In my translation (Alistair Shearer's) of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, in the samyama chapter one of the practices is focusing on the navel in order to gain knowledge of the body. In other words, to open you up.

Not arguing with you, I think you're right. :P

In my translation (Alistair Shearer's) of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, in the samyama chapter one of the practices is focusing on the navel in order to gain knowledge of the body. In other words, to open you up.

Not arguing with you, I think you're right. :P

Thank you for bringing that up! Yes Hindus do focus on the various Chakra, but do you feel the navel is as emphasized as it is in Taoism?

One unique aspect of traditions such as More Pie, is how its entire practice almost revolves around that particular center (LDT).

Edited by Orochi

Thank you for bringing that up! Yes Hindus do focus on the various Chakra, but do you feel the navel is as emphasized as it is in Taoism?

No, although I also think it may be overemphasized sometimes in Taoism.

And I think both H+T are imperfect without practicing skillfully...doing the right thing at the right time.

Edited by Scotty

No, although I also think it may be overemphasized sometimes in Taoism.

And I think both H+T are imperfect without practicing skillfully...doing the right thing at the right time.

What is H+T? Thanks :)

Level 1? If there is a level 1 I presume there is a level 2? (A level 1 of what?) Please elaborate. Thank you.

Level 1? If there is a level 1 I presume there is a level 2? (A level 1 of what?) Please elaborate. Thank you.

Level one of More Pie. Initially I put that in the thread, but I thought a general title about the LDT might be better.