effilang

What does your Qi feel like?

SAGE.jpg

General Sensation:

To me it feels like cold grains of sand flowing through my meridians.

Jing:

Have you ever heard a harley davidson engine?

If you placed a bowl of water on top of it while its running, the vibrating water would be my jing.

Every once in a while i feel a charge up and then an explosion, sort of like a sneeze only it's not air but energy and i feel it explode through my body. If you've seen those Fa Jing movements in Tai Qi you'll know what i mean. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but it happens lol

When i am trying to get to sleep sometimes in my LDT i feel like someone starts that motor engine, i feel these very heavy low frequency vibrations, it is like they are trapped in a sphere, then the sphere starts compressing and the vibrations become denser and denser and my Dan Tien shakes more and more until the sphere compresses to a point and then implodes through my whole lower region. The implosion can sometimes make me jump right out of bed into the air.

Yin Qi:

This feels very magnetic to me.. i'm not sure how else to say it. The closest i can relate this energy to is my experience with playing with magnets. I feel like something is sucking. It's a sort of no zone. It's neither up or down, back or forwards; it feels like the perfect center, yet at the same time it feels very influential and without moving from it's center is able to influence.

Yang Qi:

This feels hot to me, can't say much else about that.

Shen:

No experience here.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 5

i am not cultivated in distinguishing "types" of energy. i m an open conduct to all which exists in every representation of "it".

The energy i most commonly feel throughout my body is like a cold vibration that envelops and just as soon dissipates.

• Like 1

It feels like that which is in all things and connects all of creation. Like my true nature.

I'll second that.

My chi feels like a tingling sensation in my hands and where i focues my chi at. I have not learned to distinguash between different types of chi.

Hum. There's a rising thing that goes from feet upwards to head. It feels like water rising, sometimes steady, sometimes in a rush.

Then there's a draining thing that is kind of grainy. It goes down and leaks out my hands and/or feet.

Then there's a spiralling thing that has pathways that (as far as I can tell) follow some kind of gross meridian pattern (only reason I know that is because I get acupuncture, so it could be "faked" - know what I mean?)

Then there's the buttoning up thing - flows around some "disks" in the centre of my torso (legs not included)

Then there's rotating things that feel like mini MCO's in various areas

Then there's pressure of things in various points

Then there's a thing that sort of goes up and down my spine like a piston without exit

Then there's an outward spinning that seems to go a few feet away from my body

Then there's a "wing-like" sensation from behind my shoulder blades

Then there's a multiple-rotating thing

Then there's an all-concentrating thing that pulls it all from "everywhere" to "here"

Then there's something running around inside my skull

The there's the points at which I know I'm physically in one position but in addition am in another.

Tends to be hotter than not. I'd actually like some cooler stuff :lol: What should I do?

I've given up trying to figure what type it is. If someone could tell me, that would be very cool!

Greetings..

The Qi i feel.. feels like Life, ALL of it.. the exhileration, the agony, the ecstasy, the horror, the tears of joy AND sorrow.. the Qi i feel feels like that, all at once, great and small.. in the tip of my finger, or surging through my entire being and echoing into the Cosmos.. from a tiny tingle to a raging thunderstorm, Qi is both your servant AND your creator.. it is Life..

Be well..

feels like my twelve inches of hard... well just feels like my twelve inches of hard.

After the meat pies begin to fight. Many mad ferrets gave their lives to bring this information, and that was during the wilderness trek. No internal viscera are involved. Besides that my organ strings sing.

Yin Qi:

This feels very magnetic to me.. i'm not sure how else to say it. The closest i can relate this energy to is my experience with playing with magnets. I feel like something is sucking. It's a sort of no zone. It's neither up or down, back or forwards; it feels like the perfect center, yet at the same time it feels very influential and without moving from it's center is able to influence.

John had mentioned that a student had to be at least Level 3 to be able to sense the yin; that a human being, by his own nature yang, cannot sense yin directly. Rather, a human senses the presence of yin by its reaction to the yang. Here is an unidentified force that leaves no trace of itself, that we cannot feel inside our own bodies even in excess (unlike electricity, but perhaps like gravity), but whose results I had witnessed, experienced, and felt. - The Magus Of Java, p 114
  • Like 1

Vortex, I am curious and dont mean to put you totally on the spot here. Lets say we are talking about the raw energetic field of the body. I am sure you can agree that there are different energies like what you listed as "yin Qi". Now it is no mystery that energies we derive from the external regions of the body and outside of it are mixed then transformed into actual qi. Do you consider the magnetic energy aside from the other raw energy to be qi? Or an unrefined subtle vibration that might only be physically felt in close proximity?

It is only because you have drawn my curiosity, but then again I always tend to get myself in trouble on these electric writing box thingies.

Vortex, I am curious and dont mean to put you totally on the spot here. Lets say we are talking about the raw energetic field of the body. I am sure you can agree that there are different energies like what you listed as "yin Qi". Now it is no mystery that energies we derive from the external regions of the body and outside of it are mixed then transformed into actual qi. Do you consider the magnetic energy aside from the other raw energy to be qi? Or an unrefined subtle vibration that might only be physically felt in close proximity?

It is only because you have drawn my curiosity, but then again I always tend to get myself in trouble on these electric writing box thingies.

To be honest, I don't really know yet...

But its properties always seem to be much more akin to its ancient descriptions - than currently-known science.

Remember, magnetism was already employed by the Chinese by at least the 2nd century BC in lodestone compasses.

china198.jpg

So, if qi was just magnetism - they would have just called it magnetism...

Qi seems to be an unusual phenonmena with many varied properties.

It's been described as "fluid" or "plasma"-like.

Yet qi has a freqency too, like light.

But it can communicate information instantaneously (supraluminally) like an all-pervasive cosmic substratum.

Yet, it can be also impeded by bodily tension, "emotional issue" blockages, etc.

Yin qi can be impeded by some synthetic materials (like carpeting).

Qi can swirl around in the air like iridescent sperm - which can then also be impeded by blocking the air out.

Yang qi has been described as having an electric blue color.

Yang qi has a more solar light quality, while yin qi a more gravitational vacuum nature.

They attract each other like polar opposites, yet don't easily fuse together like oil & water.

The combination of yin & yang qi is what makes something alive.

Now, some of these properties seem like they are describing different things - not the same one. And maybe some of these apply only to yin qi, yang qi or an interactive combo of both? I don't know yet myself. Because these properties are so varied, I haven't figured out how they can theoretically all tie together yet either..

Edited by vortex

To be honest, I don't really know yet...

But its properties always seem to be much more akin to its ancient descriptions - than currently-known science.

Remember, magnetism was already employed by the Chinese by at least the 2nd century BC in lodestone compasses.

china198.jpg

So, if qi was just magnetism - they would have just called it magnetism...

Qi seems to be an unusual phenonmena with many varied properties.

It's been described as "fluid" or "plasma"-like.

Yet qi has a freqency too, like light.

But it can communicate information instantaneously (supraluminally) like an all-pervasive cosmic substratum.

Yet, it can be also impeded by bodily tension, "emotional issue" blockages, etc.

Yin qi can be impeded by some synthetic materials (like carpeting).

Qi can swirl around in the air like iridescent sperm - which can then also be impeded by blocking the air out.

Yang qi has been described as having an electric blue color.

Yang qi has a more solar light quality, while yin qi a more gravitational vacuum nature.

They attract each other like polar opposites, yet don't easily fuse together like oil & water.

The combination of yin & yang qi is what makes something alive.

Now, some of these properties seem like they are describing different things - not the same one. And maybe some of these apply only to yin qi, yang qi or an interactive combo of both? I don't know yet myself. Because these properties are so varied, I haven't figured out how they can theoretically all tie together yet either..

Well it sounds like what I talk about is like yin qi. But the blue elctric thing confuses me because it is like it but not. Im not trying to introduce 20 questions here. So it seems I am only more confused than when I started or I am missing something. It is more of a vacuum nature tends to help fill "holes". Yeah I havnt a clue.

Sometimes like Tiger, sometimes like Bird of Prey wading in the water, sometimes just subtle waves of energy flowing through me...sometimes like nothing at all, just can't feel it at all...Sometimes like Thunderstorm...

To me, it feels like a warm, tingling, slightly charged pressure*, simultaneously calming and energizing.

*I've been thinking, and this word doesn't really fit. It's not so much a sense of pressure as it is of movement. I can feel something moving through my body, in the same way that I can feel the wind blowing on my skin (although obviously not the same sensation).

And all of this is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I get all of those sensations, so strongly that it feels like any other physical part of my body, other times I only get a few, or even none at all.

I try to not obsess over the sensation of energy so much as it's effect. Although I'm definitely getting a lot better at feeling it.

Edited by Aeran

People have reported to me that it feels like golden light when I practice Taoist medicine on them, like liquid gold going into them.

My experience as well.... and generally it feels like a thickness to me.

John

glop and wire stuck in a taffy stretching machine. sandblasting, sieve, sudden electric shock . also some nice warm flowing density.

Edited by de_paradise

To me I can't really say that I feel a physical sensation with qi. I definitely feel jing, and can feel it when it circulates through my body like a gust of wind. Qi feels like being alive. The more abundant my qi is, the more alive I feel. This is not necessarily my energy level, because I can be energized by getting excited, doing something I love, eating sugar, or any number of ways, but abundant qi is different.

I don't know any other way to describe it as just feeling more alive. Like my eyesight is more keen, my sense of smell is more acute. Food tastes better and my mood overall is generally better. Abundant qi makes me feel incredibly strong but also calm at the same time.

Everything is relative. I do qigong, I get more, I adjust, and it feels normal.

Everyone names the different types recently. Did you learn the name and characteristics first, and then feel it? Or did you feel it and later learn the name for that sensation? The former situation could demonstrate great bias.

After all, it isn't labeled in your body.

Edited by TAXICAT