mjjbecker

Human race 'will be extinct within 100 years'

Sounds like something right out of those "reduce population to 500 millions" conspiracy theories. :lol:

How wonderful, iI'll get to be here through the worst parts....

But he hasn't considered option 2 this scientist, as least based on the quote here, move some people to another planet :lol:

Sounds like something right out of those "reduce population to 500 millions" conspiracy theories. :lol:

How wonderful, iI'll get to be here through the worst parts....

But he hasn't considered option 2 this scientist, as least based on the quote here, move some people to another planet :lol:

James Lovelock's estimate also leaves 500 million to see the 22nd century. Lovelock doesn't trade in conspiracies. When I brought up Lovelock's estimate with his friend Stephen Batchelor ("Buddhism Without Beliefs") here in LA awhile back, Batchelor seemed genuinely sobered and frightened. There are thousands of respected academics in Earth Sciences who feel the same way. Rather than waving the conspiracy banner, people may want to consider their premises for unreflective optimism. Things are much, much worse than the average person knows, and the only possibility for avoiding this calamity would be the discovery of an alternative to fossil fuels or a spontaneous explosion of human social evolution. Don't hold your breath for either scenario.

Well, 100 years is at least a pretty modest improvement from 1.5.

Edited by fizix

"The meek shall inherit the earth", not the meek as in weakness but meek as in hunble and true to Tao.

Om

Fear talk lol. Every generation has there "THIS IS IT" groups.

If it happens it happens.

Maybe this time if things dont change it could be the real deal :lol:

http://endoftheline.com/film

Interesting film, about overfishing and stuff.

Why let it happen, if doesn't have to happen?

It bothers me when people write things happening now as "every generation" has thought that the end was upon us. Never before have we faced the problems we now have on many, many fronts, and with the burgeoning world populations, all is concentrated into a smaller time frame for the effects of our human activities to destroy us.

It bothers me when people write things happening now as "every generation" has thought that the end was upon us. Never before have we faced the problems we now have on many, many fronts, and with the burgeoning world populations, all is concentrated into a smaller time frame for the effects of our human activities to destroy us.

Yup.

It's not necessarily the individual events, nor their size and scale, but their frequency.

Not only do we have a lot of BIG problems happening right now, we have them happening more and more often.

Sure, big stuff has happened in the past. But, bigger things have happened in the past. But so close to one another? Hmm, I dunno.

Every generation has said that too, this is the very worst. Its human tendency to draw straight lines without realizing cycles end, runaway growth curbs itself. Developed countries have declining populations. Use of oil has been flat and is actually going down. There are some potentially amazing technologies close on the horizon.

The world is far from perfect, but by a few metrics we're actually improving.

Michael

.. only possibility for avoiding this calamity would be the discovery of an alternative to fossil fuels or a spontaneous explosion of human social evolution.

Correction:

an alternative to fossil fuels and a spontaneous explosion of human social evolution

:closedeyes:

funny thing about personal power, energy, the body, and evolution....

Extinction is a universal fallacy. matter can neither be created or destroyed, SO WHAT if THIS interpretation of our spirit is crushed and all but completely annihilated over the next hundred years? We will live through it and evolve from it.

The body is and always was temporary, but the experience is omnipresent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

Edited by Stoner Shadow Wolf

Correction:

an alternative to fossil fuels and a spontaneous explosion of human social evolution

:closedeyes:

ie genetic engineering g meets artificial I telligence yay nano tech run for the hills the fools on the hill

Maybe this time if things dont change it could be the real deal :lol:

http://endoftheline.com/film

Interesting film, about overfishing and stuff.

Why let it happen, if doesn't have to happen?

Hm yeah, just to say people have said it will end before doesn't mean people should'nt progress, and find new ways to solve problems..

I just feel if you stop the possible big picture so much power, and take it apart slowly piece by piece we have an actual chance.. A few groups at a time.. But if its all the same message there will always be a select few sitting out.

When a select few is a couple 100 million, I think people can use that much more help.

Need to interest people instead of make them afraid and cling to there security.

Anyone in here tried to feel the Earth?Really feel it?Did you ever cry for/with her?

If yes so from depth of your heart,what happened as a result?

Some new good resolves ,understanding and deepening of respect on my part.

I personally feel that these are hard times ,and also that some positive resolve is trying to and is coming through.Just a gut feeling.

Anyone in here tried to feel the Earth?Really feel it?Did you ever cry for/with her?

If yes so from depth of your heart,what happened as a result?

Some new good resolves ,understanding and deepening of respect on my part.

I personally feel that these are hard times ,and also that some positive resolve is trying to and is coming through.Just a gut feeling.

Personally, when I 'feel' the earth, its usually part of an elemental system by Rawn Clark called the Archaeous (free system of mp3's at abardoncompanion.com).

I get strength, confidence, deep abidement. I don't get some poor suffering Gaian. Earth is abiding, we're just a flash.

Course maybe my focus is more the earth element, but that's what I get.

my 2 cents

Michael

Well, 100 years is at least a pretty modest improvement from 1.5.

:lol: Respek!

God I can't wait to be past that date, so I can collect on all the bets I have made that there will be no Global Spiritual experience or Cataclysm, Leaving us Enlightened Telepath's or just extinct.

:lol: Respek!

God I can't wait to be past that date, so I can collect on all the bets I have made that there will be no Global Spiritual experience or Cataclysm, Leaving us Enlightened Telepath's or just extinct.

Talk about a sure bet - if you are wrong they can't collect!

lol i have explained this to them...

:lol:

I Love you man! what if it's not extinction but uniting of the psychic field and human consciousness or the bondage of past, present, and future as one "object" of time? <_< what then?

I bet you a superb bowl of Ramen, with veggies, that something DOES happen. :lol: