Sign in to follow this  
Simple_Jack

Beginner question about MCO

I was wondering ever since I bought the book Taoist yoga by Charles Luk: Is the basis of MCO having an erection in order to sublimate the energy paramount? The reason I ask is because not only does the the book mention this but, a reveiw on amazon said this: ".... Well, until one gets into deep meditation that one (sorry for male only) gets an erection. And then one should test whether the erection will go away with simple deep breathes. If it does, sorry boy, continue your meditation. Only when erection stands after deep breaths should one do microcosmic orbit circulation (to "collect" one's sexual energy, so it says.")

The book then talks of breathing in and exhaling out (sounds like reverse breathing) for sublimating the energy. The problem for me is I don't get a boner when I sit to meditate (I wake up with morning wood and have no problem "getting it up" when bumping uglies.....just in case anyone was wondering.... :D ) Do I have to resort to touching myself in order to do this? It does mention this in the book by the way. Anyone care to elaborate on this?

Lol I love your profile picture.

I haven't heard of this method, it makes sense I guess. If your already going to get a boner then I don't see why it'd matter how.. lol.

I was wondering ever since I bought the book Taoist yoga by Charles Luk: Is the basis of MCO having an erection in order to sublimate the energy paramount? The reason I ask is because not only does the the book mention this but, a reveiw on amazon said this: ".... Well, until one gets into deep meditation that one (sorry for male only) gets an erection. And then one should test whether the erection will go away with simple deep breathes. If it does, sorry boy, continue your meditation. Only when erection stands after deep breaths should one do microcosmic orbit circulation (to "collect" one's sexual energy, so it says.")

The book then talks of breathing in and exhaling out (sounds like reverse breathing) for sublimating the energy. The problem for me is I don't get a boner when I sit to meditate (I wake up with morning wood and have no problem "getting it up" when bumping uglies.....just in case anyone was wondering.... :D ) Do I have to resort to touching myself in order to do this? It does mention this in the book by the way. Anyone care to elaborate on this?

The method employs the "night wood" that may "naturally" arise at zishi (子時), the beginning of the yang part of the day by some accounts..
When the penis stands during sleep at night this moment is called the hour zi and then it is most important to stop all thoughts while gathering (cai chu) the jing (for sublimation). - p 11

When the heart is stirred the penis stands erect in spite of the absence of thoughts. This is real fire in its house, which arouses the genital organ, and although thoughts are absent, this fire is not the genuine one which vibrates at the living hour of zi (between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.) when the penis erects.

Only when the penis stands erect at the living hour of zi can the agent be gathered - p 54

When the heart is stirred by sexual desires, it is impossible to draw back this vital force which will drain down in the marrow of the spine to leave the body; it will then be impossible to cultivate (eternal) life. That which so drains off is prenatal qi and although sexual intercourse has not actually occurred, it nevertheless runs away by the genital gate. - p 66

When, however, the wheel of the law stops of itself and is followed by a state of serenity, it should be let alone and not forced to turn. In this case the microcosmic orbiting should be stopped so that 'the flute without holes' can be played to check if qi is genuine or not. If the latter is spurious the penis will shrink but if it is genuine it will remain erect. - p 88

As to the erection of he penis in the absence of (perverse) thoughts, this is due to the manifestation of the yang principle at the living hour of zi (11 p.m. - 1 a.m.) when you should take advantage of it to practice the two phases (of ascent and descent in the microcosmic orbit) in order to gather the alchemical agent (as explained earlier).

Therefore, you should not confound the dilation and vibration of the genital root with the erection of the penis for they have nothing in common.

All this has nothing to do with sexual desires. However, if you give rise to lust while practising alchemy you will make a very, very grave mistake

When qi vibrates, if the practiser, for want of self-respect, gives rise to sexual desire, he will simply hasten the end of his life.

From there the yang qi will spread to all parts of the body, killing all sexual desires. - p 111

If the teacher...says that his method is to turn back the flow of jing to fortify the body so that it will be restored to its original condition before puberty and cause the penis to cease standing during sleep and to retract, his is the authentic method. - p 8

So this is expressly NOT a sexually-induced erection - but more of a biorhythmic one produced without thought or passion.

And hence, a split training schedule is also recommended:

You should gather (vital) breath in the morning and sublimate it in the evening; if you do not so practice you will miss your good luck. - p 28
Edited by vortex

It's such a dense book...can always go back and (re)learn something new.

Consider that the first chapter is about "fixing spirit in its original cavity"...

Why would the thoughts be considered "perverse"? - I found that part problematic. Ok, so the guy gets night and morning wood. So what? Means the man's alive. I'm obviously not an expert in guy's biorhythms but I find it intensely disagreeable to read a judgment call on a natural occurrence. BTW as much as I would if you called me out for bleeding every month and sent me to go sit in a hut for a few days because you just didn't understand what's going on. No, I'm not in the process of polluting anything, neither am I dying or wounded. Duh.

Anyway, after all that, go "channel" it wherever you want. But there's nothing perverse about it at all...IMO.

Why would the thoughts be considered "perverse"? - I found that part problematic. Ok, so the guy gets night and morning wood. So what? Means the man's alive. I'm obviously not an expert in guy's biorhythms but I find it intensely disagreeable to read a judgment call on a natural occurrence. BTW as much as I would if you called me out for bleeding every month and sent me to go sit in a hut for a few days because you just didn't understand what's going on. No, I'm not in the process of polluting anything, neither am I dying or wounded. Duh.

Anyway, after all that, go "channel" it wherever you want. But there's nothing perverse about it at all...IMO.

The simple theory is that you have a "seedforce" (prenatal jing) that can either be used to create offspring ("sex") or further your own development.

But not both. It's an either/or...

So once you have sexual thoughts, this seedforce starts converting into postnatal jing fluid to (hypothetically) create offspring. As opposed to being used for your own rejuvenation.

This is not a "moral" judgement here. It is simply a biological postulation. There is nothing "wrong" with having lots of sex. It's just that if you have lots of sex, then you are very unlikely to attain any alchemical goals per this method. Although if those are your goals, then it would be "wrong" in that sense.

I know many laypeople don't like to be told that recreational sex is "wrong" in any sense. But, there are not many "highly-attained" laypeople having lots of sex, either.

Edited by vortex

Cool! Thanks for that Vortex. So maybe one could say "Hey, if you want better health and longevity, one of the ways you might want to go about it is XYZ"

Rather than "Dude dat is wrong man."

Or we might say "Dude, watch out for potential life-sapping side-effects if you spill your jing all over the place". Of course your child may very well be better/smarter than you so don't get too selfish :lol: But then we tell the kid the same damn thing. Bleh.

Sign in to follow this