Raymond Wolter

What is your favorite Qigong System and Why?

I had another thought on this and it really isn't possible for a high level master to give it all away even if they wanted to. The reason is that they don't stop learning when they have a student, they are normally learning faster than their best students, and they may have a fifty year head start. The Way of Nei kung is that it is the way of research.

I see how that last sentence could play into the hands of the "you don't need a teacher" crowd, but those ones are simply lost and wish to remain so.

Concerning the Schumann resonance, I doubt if it can change because it is based on a ratio of the speed of light and the diameter of the Earth. In short, the diameter of the Earth is close to the distance that light travels in 1/8 of a second and so this sets up the resonance of aprox 8CPS (cycles per second) and harmonics of that, of course. The power that drives it probably comes from lightning, of which there are about ten thousand per day, and they can be heard around the world. Therefore it can only change if the diameter of the Earth or the speed of light is changing, and neither is likely. I suspect that if there are websites that say it is changing that they are copycatting unscientific misinformation.

On the other hand, if space is being warped, and we can warp space, can't we? :) then that would affect it.

As to the increase in chi sensitivity there are several possibilities I have thought of. I have a couple of younger students, well, just one of them now because the other was forced out. Neither of them are overweight and they both have good muscle tone but not hard muscles, and both have great sensitivity to chi.

More possibilities are that we now have more power and so can more easily affect others, that we are more immersed in this 'trade' and so attract people who have been open to it mentally and who have a preexisting aptitude. At least it makes it easier to bounce them off the wall or fall down without touching them.

I think the most likely possibilities are that our society is much more open to the idea of body energy now and also somehow the work of previous masters is boosting it, in a way like the hundredth monkey effect that Kameel mentioned ... but there is more.

For example, one of my martial arts buddies spent years hitch hiking around the country with a Kriya yoga master. A couple of times that teacher's teacher was with them and once they had just set up their tents and the senior teacher asked my friend if he was hungry. The answer was yes and so the teacher made a gesture of opening his arms and a nice meal appeared in front of them. I'm not going to fight with the weenies about whether or not this is possible, the point I want to make is that back then there were about forty people on the planet who had this ability and now there are around a thousand, or so I have heard.

This indicates that there is a change going on in the human race and the increasing chi sensitivity and psychic abilities of people is apart of this. It may be just as simple as the yin and yang balancing out and this is balancing out what the Bushits of the world are doing to it. In any case, I think things are going to get quite 'interesting'.

There is no question in my mind that things have been speeding up. Try doing a poll and just about every single person you ask will say they have noticed. I feel it.

High energy particle precipitation, x-rays and other parameters can increase the Schumann resonance. Also, measurements differ depending on location. It is quite possible many are picking up 2nd harmonic at appr. 14hz as stronger than fundamental at 7.83 (which was just an average and not absolute measurement).

I certainly agree with you that things are going to get quite interesting.

Also, I've heard more of the opposite. At least amongst the Chinese masters, the current ones are only fractionally as powerful as their masters. And these are mostly all aging and dying off now. Meanwhile, most of their students are raised in the modern world full of vapid pop culture and thus also likely to continue this downward trend...

Quite possibly. I do know among the younger Chinese the choice to follow in the older generation's footsteps is not as attractive to them as "modern" approaches. I remember giving a lecture to 4th year med students at a medical school and one young Chinese guy spoke up, very angry that I said Chinese medicine is so "archaic", saying there were nothing but modern hospitals in China and the old superstitious methods were from the previous generations.

But I do know that, in general, students attending my classes are much more powerful at manipulating energy than even 10 years ago. Attracting higher quality students? No doubt. My ability to manipulate energy more powerful? There are always higher levels. More consciousness of energetics? Probably so. But,to me, none of these explain the intense change I have observed. And none of that explains the quickening I feel.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

Well, I'll give a practical example of the resonance effect in my own life. About 6 months ago I decided to limit sending chi and focus soley on increasing my own field. Apparently my dream body didn't like this idea, because I would wake up around 3 am to use the bathroom and notice I was sending chi in my sleep. Fair enough. One night, during a particularly difficult case, Michael (Ya Mu) visits and changes my hand position and how far away from the body I am working on a specific patient. He then also raises my personal vibration as he does the treatment with me.

Why Ya Mu? Not sure. I am currently not a student of his system/lineage and only know of him through this forum and reading his book about a year ago. But he does come from time to time to check on my progress, and I am open and available to any help I can get that will benefit others. :) So I'm sticking with the resonance theory.

Well, I'll give a practical example of the resonance effect in my own life. About 6 months ago I decided to limit sending chi and focus soley on increasing my own field. Apparently my dream body didn't like this idea, because I would wake up around 3 am to use the bathroom and notice I was sending chi in my sleep. Fair enough. One night, during a particularly difficult case, Michael (Ya Mu) visits and changes my hand position and how far away from the body I am working on a specific patient. He then also raises my personal vibration as he does the treatment with me.

Why Ya Mu? Not sure. I am currently not a student of his system/lineage and only know of him through this forum and reading his book about a year ago. But he does come from time to time to check on my progress, and I am open and available to any help I can get that will benefit others. :) So I'm sticking with the resonance theory.

Many wish to think that it is all about who we study with in person, lineages, systems, "shaktipat", etc.

What it is about is your recognition of who you are and following that recognition. We are much more complex than what our daily brain interaction tends to think. Working in dreamtime is every bit important as working in the linear world. We help those we can. Healing others helps awaken them to who they are. You could no longer stop healing others than you could cut off your foot, for it would be like cutting off a part of you. What you do is needed NOW. You are an awesome and powerful Being of Light - I salute you!

• Like 3

Those are the sort of questions I struggle with. My teacher has said that he wants this system given to the public as a powerful self healing method but then he told me to only teach a few people in my garage.

I think it's about quality vs quantity. On one side there is teaching a lot of people what essentially amounts to wimpy chi kung, and it becomes wimpy partly because we radiate a lot of energy to our students as we do the practice. It makes them healthier even if they don't practice at home, but it's like pissing away our own energy and then we become wimpy chi kung teachers.

OR

On the other hand we can teach just a few, who have the aptitude and desire to practice well, to become Taoist sorcerers (healers, enlightened, etc) Once the students become more advanced then the teacher doesn't give so much away as the students also radiate energy when they practice and it is more like equal sharing and synergistic boosting of the power of all of us as the practice room becomes highly saturated with chi.

So far it has been difficult to find students with the right stuff and I'm sure part of that is my fault. However, even with my teacher, who is known (by at least a few =) to be one of the most powerful and who was very selective in who he accepted as students, a lot of them dropped out and didn't finish, which as I see it is a failure. So for me, who doesn't have this 'fame' there is less ability to draw good prospects and in the past I have not been selective (partly due to the need to pay rent) and they have dropped out, which is probably for the best all around anyway, because if they had stayed longer it's like pissing chi down the toilet. Sure, practicing with me makes them healthier but they just piss it away so it's ultimately a failure as I see it.

It is better to save it and use it for the 'chosen' ones :)

So the way I look at it now is that there are plenty of so so systems out there that are of some benefit to people, not mentioning the ones that are outright scams, stupid, or extremely wimpy. There are plenty of decent ones, but I have learned something which can be used to go far so I should use it for those who want to go far. It would be nice to create multitudes of glowing Taoist wizards, but it just doesn't work that way, never has and never will. The most powerful masters teach the fewest students, at least in Taoism.

Also, trying to advertise it and promote it breaks all the rules in the TTC, it goes against the Way, and it feels disgusting. I come from a 'hidden' tradition and it should stay that way I guess. However some teachers are coming out of the closet, it is happening more and more.

some people write books and then become popular, but popularity is a big anchor to wear around one's neck, and may attract the 'wrong' kind of prospects. In my tradition popularity is shunned, or has been pretty well. It just works out that way.

Sometimes I think I should advertise tai chi and wimpy chi kung and teach that to more people in order to contact those who may be good for the powerful stuff. We don't radiate that much energy when we do wimpy chi kung or tai chi.

One of my kung fu brothers, who is the official inheritor of my system and is one of the top martial artists in the world, wants me to make some videos of my practice so I will do that, but it will be just the beginning style because I am not comfortable giving away high power techniques because the idea of new age scam artists who will call it their own and sell it out of context. my brother says that others won't be interested because they are to full of their own 'stuff' already.

What do you think?

Edited by Starjumper7

Those are the sort of questions I struggle with. My teacher has said that he wants this system given to the public as a powerful self healing method but then he told me to only teach a few people in my garage.

I think it's about quality vs quantity. On one side there is teaching a lot of people what essentially amounts to wimpy chi kung, and it becomes wimpy partly because we radiate a lot of energy to our students as we do the practice. It makes them healthier even if they don't practice at home, but it's like pissing away our own energy and then we become wimpy chi kung teachers.

OR

On the other hand we can teach just a few, who have the aptitude and desire to practice well, to become Taoist sorcerers (healers, enlightened, etc) Once the students become more advanced then the teacher doesn't give so much away as the students also radiate energy when they practice and it is more like equal sharing and synergistic boosting of the power of all of us as the practice room becomes highly saturated with chi.

So far it has been difficult to find students with the right stuff and I'm sure part of that is my fault. However, even with my teacher, who is known (by at least a few =) to be one of the most powerful and who was very selective in who he accepted as students, a lot of them dropped out and didn't finish, which as I see it is a failure. So for me, who doesn't have this 'fame' there is less ability to draw good prospects and in the past I have not been selective (partly due to the need to pay rent) and they have dropped out, which is probably for the best all around anyway, because if they had stayed longer it's like pissing chi down the toilet. Sure, practicing with me makes them healthier but they just piss it away so it's ultimately a failure as I see it.

So the way I look at it now is that there are plenty of so so systems out there that are of some benefit to people, not mentioning the ones that are outright scams, stupid, or extremely wimpy. There are plenty of decent ones, but I have learned something which can be used to go far so I should use it for those who want to go far. It would be nice to create multitudes of glowing Taoist wizards, but it just doesn't work that way, never has and never will. The most powerful masters teach the fewest students, at least in Taoism.

Also, trying to advertise it and promote it breaks all the rules in the TTC, it goes against the Way, and it feels disgusting. I come from a 'hidden' tradition and it should stay that way I guess. However some teachers are coming out of the closet, it is happening more and more.

some people write books and then become popular, but popularity is a big anchor to wear around one's neck, and may attract the 'wrong' kind of prospects. In my tradition popularity is shunned, or has been pretty well. It just works out that way.

Sometimes I think I should advertise tai chi and wimpy chi kung and teach that to more people in order to contact those who may be good for the powerful stuff. We don't radiate that much energy when we do wimpy chi kung or tai chi.

One of my kung fu brothers, who is the official inheritor of my system and is one of the top martial artists in the world, wants me to make some videos of my practice so I will do that, but it will be just the beginning style because I am not comfortable giving away high power techniques because the idea of new age scam artists who will call it their own and sell it out of context. my brother says that others won't be interested because they are to full of their own 'stuff' already.

What do you think?

You can't have the good without the bad.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

This thread appears to me to be quite the sensationalist attention grabber. "ooh look at my style, oh but check out this" trying to find a "superior" style where no such notion exists to be had.

"what works for you" is where your efforts should be put. and as i have presented, the best, most thorough, and accurate style to learn is the self taught natural style!

No other style is superior or more effective. efficiency is all about following in line and doing what you are told, to get the "most gain" out of the "least time". effectiveness is about figuring out WHY, first hand, without regard for quantification or timeframe.

Edited by Stoner Shadow Wolf

OR

What do you think?

The "high powered" things should not be public, they should have remained in the shadows, or at least thats my opinion. Society has yet to learn the most basic of basic. Most of them are racing to their deaths and want but to spread negetivity. Giving them power to do so is irresponsible and making public a method without thinking of the consequences of such actions are equally as irresponsible. Such advanced techniques are only for those who have reached a certain level of character (imho), not for sum rich loudmouth showoff to make a vain attempt at establishing superiority over his peers. It's good to know that there's still "masters" out there especially in this particularly secular age, but if made over accessable then the wrong crowd will eventually learn these things and cause problems.

Also, remember the role of the teacher, it is merely to GUIDE the student, not to do things for him. The idea that one should be able to sit comfortably in full lotus for 4 hours before they can train (I heard Wang Liping said this?) is actually a great idea. Most anyone CAN learn the mysteries if they have enough discipline. Remember the story of John Chang's Master? He had him come to the Master's house and clean it for 3 months(?) every day before he taught anything. THEN when he DID teach him something he had John stand in a single position for as long as he could (hours).

Most people simply don't value spirituality as much as the world before their eyes. Tell a guy he needs to be celibate, take girly yoga classes and stop smoking, drinking, meat eating and TV and see how many people still wanna learn ;) You've GOT to test one's resolve and dicipline before revealing such powerful mysteries.

This is all my personal opinion, just thought i'd throw it out there.

My Best

-Astral

OR

What do you think?

I think that everyone who teaches potential "kilowatt" stuff should ask themselves some of the questions you raised. Some choose to go all out marketing. Does it dilute? Can't say. Some choose to keep in the shadows. Is this best? Can't say.

Some of these questions I have struggled with as well. My current solution is I do not do much marketing. Post workshops on the website, mention it in a few places, and do an emailing to folks who have already expressed an interest. Is this the best solution? Can't say. Sometimes I feel poorly paid and sometimes I feel richly rewarded. I see my peers who have 1000's of students and ask myself, do I REALLY want that? While I have taught a few thousand students it is mostly 15-20 sometimes 3-10 core students at a time.

One thing I have found is that, in my system, it is best for me to be careful to only share the inner door teachings with those that, over a period of time, demonstrate virtue, commitment to practice, and actually listen to what I have to teach. I remember a workshop where I showed a student, who considered himself to be very advanced, an introductory technique. He said, "so this is all there is to it then." I said yes, for you this is all there is to it. I do believe he thought he was so advanced that he just instantly "got it" when in fact he had no clue as to what I was really doing. And of course he left the workshop and trash talked about how it was nothing to it. Luckily, nowadays I seem to mostly get the ones that what I teach is for so I have much less of that sort of thing. I have considered that better marketing may help reach those that need to be reached.

Try prayer. Casting of INTENT, not emotional broadcasting. May be you get the best answer that way. I have no real advice on this; we each have to assume responsibility of the consequences for ourselves. I will say one thing. What good is a teaching if it can't be passed on? I do believe things have changed and that high end energetic systems are much needed NOW.

• Like 1

Try prayer. Casting of INTENT, not emotional broadcasting. May be you get the best answer that way. I have no real advice on this; we each have to assume responsibility of the consequences for ourselves. I will say one thing. What good is a teaching if it can't be passed on? I do believe things have changed and that high end energetic systems are much needed NOW.

And we have to be careful what we 'wish' for ... like the Aussie bloke who wished for a bird with long legs and a big ass ... he ended up with an emu ;)

I can't imagine why anyone would want a bird with a fat ass! It would have a hard time getting off the ground.

This is the kindof bird that I like:

They're so healthy it makes my brain scream. Guess which one I like.

Speaking of birds, today I saw four crows hassling a bald eagle near my house.

Thank you to those that offered supportive comments. Yes, prayer and intent work, and watch out what you wish for, especially if you practice the Way. I've been learning that intent is very strange, now that I can use it :)

Edited by Starjumper7

And we have to be careful what we 'wish' for ... like the Aussie bloke who wished for a bird with long legs and a big ass ... he ended up with an emu ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely. Found out a long time ago to be very careful with this or I would end up with a whole lot of...stuff.

• Like 1

I like the one that's usually on the right!

This is a test to add a video

Im suprised you are here again starjumper7, you came back to bash other practices or you changed nature ? I doubt it. I doubt it of you and all your forum alter ego's.

I have done at least 12 different chi kung styles during the past seven years, Flying Phoenix and Sunn Yee Gong from Grandmaster Doo Wai family lineage yielded the most chi, as did Falun Gong. Unfortunately, all of those methods require hours per day to get all of that chi. And there are never ending levels/DVDS with Flying Phoenix and Sunn Yee Gong with tons of postures to do. So they are just not practical if one is employed and also has some other interests in life. I recently was told that Pangu Shengong/Pangu Mystical Qigong takes just 20 minutes, is easy to learn but has the most powerful experience of chi that some people have experienced compared to other styles. It takes just one hour to learn. So I am now learning Pangu Mystical Qigong as my main practice. Practical and poweful with many healing benefits claimed. I watched the instruction lecture and form teaching and I am ready to start it. Just a great investment of low cost and high yield of health and spiritual benefits from some powerful chi with its universal source via sun and moon energy.

• Like 2

Winn's Pangu is NOT the same as Master Ou's Pangu Shengong.

Michael Winn tells you no visualization is necessary. That is the first mistake in the teaching.

Then he tells you he has modified it a bit! Second mistake. Third and most costly mistake, the form relies on an initiation transmission of chi from Master Ou or if learning from one of his teachers for the form to do what it claims to do. At my workplace we do Spring Forest Qigong every day and I can tell you that you will feel chi from Spring Forest but I have been doing Pangu Shengong for only 2 weeks now and the chi felt in the hands from Pangu is stronger than from Spring Forest. And there are some amazing stories of health healings from Pangu Shengong which has health and spiritual benefits. I have been taught in person by Master Chun Yi Lin of Spring Forest and he is a really nice guy and a good teacher. Wuji or Primordial Qigong has very little benefits in spite of its popularity. You will feel the chi and have some very interesting experiences from Gift of the Tao which I have only begun to learn. But your post is extremely important as one can spend a lifetime using a weak chi kung method and gain very little compared to some heavy hitters out there. My criteria is now that the form has to be very easy to learn, not take up more than one half hour to do, and it has to produce very powerful benefits. Pangu Shengong and Gift of the Tao are at the top of my list. Grandmaster Doo Wai lineage has powerful methods but there are tons of them to learn and many levels to achieve. The most time consuming chi kung that you could ever imagine. But powerful and wonderful to experience. Falun Gong is probably the best of the best since it generates chi 24/7 but it takes about 2 hrs a day to do.

• Like 1

Falun Gong is probably the best of the best since it generates chi 24/7 but it takes about 2 hrs a day to do.

I have also read that Xiang Gong (Fragrant Qigong) is also very powerful, yet only takes 20 minutes and is really simple to learn.

I will try it for 6 months and see how it works out.

• Like 2

To Adept,

I wanted to do Fragrant Qigong and even bought a dvd of it but I then had my medical clairvoyant test it and he said it would not be good for me.

I play Fire Hands because when I do, I open up and shut down.

Open up my sensations and my awareness of being and shut down my rational, thinking mind.

This lasts for some time after formal practice of 'forms' are done.

Now after years of dedication and building inertia, the process maintains itself even when I'm not 'waving my hands in the air'.

Practice is now maintained with simple connection to breath and awareness of being.

Practice is life.