Possible outcomes:

A: There is a Yoga craze

B: "Ah those Indian scientists. They can't be believed. It's all voodoo until our "trusted" western scientists can examine him"

The sad thing: At the end of the day it won't change anything.

Like they said in that documentary, Yogis and practitioners of the internal arts are performing all sorts of what we call by modern standards, miracles - but hardly anybody cares.

Nothing of mass media will change the world anymore if it is concerned with self development. But hey if its a new dance video, well all learn the routine at home and half the globe will be dancing in sync in a few days.

Why are we so lazy? - Why why why must we wait for action to be upon us before we are motivated to take it upon ourselves. I do not understand my fellow humans and boy have i tried.

Ah, is the day finally to come in that science unifies with spirituality? Partly, at least. Fasting greatly affects one's energetic vibrational rate, every spiritual / MA practitioner should attempt a significant fast and the meditations which accompany the feat; you will become more in tune with the Tao, but only if the emotions are mastered.

"There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

(There is no chaos, there is harmony.)(*)

There is no death, there is the Force.

—The Jedi Code (Based on the meditations of Odan-Urr)"

And as according to Yogi Prahlad Jani, 'there is no death,, there is the Tao' which he has embraced on every level; there is no other way, one man who doesn't know himself, his true nature cannot replicate such a feat; the third eye, the chakras, must be opened through some will; no belief, no results. The mind moves the chi. Until then, you are a Non-4G-DNA activated lost soul swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

I always found it funny how closely paralleled the Jedi and the Force of Star Wars are with The Ancient Mystery (schools) namely Taoism. Inspiration requires inspiring.

Edited by fizix

I always found it funny how closely paralleled the Jedi and the Force of Star Wars are with The Ancient Mystery (schools) namely Taoism. Inspiration requires inspiring.
It's really not funny or coincidental. It was intentional cultural plagiarism.

450px-Zunari_kabuto1.JPG

2.jpg

Mas_Oyama_02.jpg

luke-detail.jpg

Inspiration? No, largely uncredited plagiarism.

LOL Star Wars, cultural plagiarism? No inspiration, uncredited plagiarism? Plagiarism of what? Was there supposed to be a "We credit, thank and dedicate this film to all vaguely tied cultures and peoples in human history. You just won the DB post of the year award, congratulations. That's seriously ranking up there in the stupidest things ever said on the TB. Anyways, you must have had an awesome childhood lmao, what put you in the shadows, devoid of attention from mommy and daddy, that has caused this complex of obsessing with getting "credit"? Are you really just crying out for the "credit" you never received? But yeah I'm sorry to hear about your convictions, I can only guess what other sexually repressed energies you harbor. I think there are Taoist practitioners, and Tao nerds. This goes with all things. People who play sports, people who are sports nerds. You are a Taoist nerd, it says so in every awe-inspiring post you write, lol. "It's really not funny or coincidental. It was intentional" Well, what IS funny and (coincidental?) is linking, in your little image collage, a thread to possibly even a bigger Tao nerd than you, with an equally idiotic conception. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with reading and posting on internet forums all day, being a Tao nerd as yourself, but I strongly encourage you to leave your comfort zone (live with parents I presume) and get out into the world, throw some actual, real Taoist practice in there. Crying over something like this just shows your incompetency on the Path, that you are still absorbed with such menial, irrelevant things; such things do not stir the water of a true Taoist's pool. Why so serious? Thanks for the laugh.

edit: btw, you need to go to school, your definition of plagiarism is pitiful. As you must be furiously cooking up an ever witty retort, before you tell me that I plagiarized the last guy who told you all of this, I hereby bestow him credit!

Edited by fizix

LOL Star Wars, cultural plagiarism? No inspiration, uncredited plagiarism? Plagiarism of what? Was there supposed to be a "We credit, thank and dedicate this film to all vaguely tied cultures and peoples in human history. You just won the DB post of the year award, congratulations. That's seriously ranking up there in the stupidest things ever said on the TB. Anyways, you must have had an awesome childhood lmao, what put you in the shadows, devoid of attention from mommy and daddy, that has caused this complex of obsessing with getting "credit"? Are you really just crying out for the "credit" you never received? But yeah I'm sorry to hear about your convictions, I can only guess what other sexually repressed energies you harbor. I think there are Taoist practitioners, and Tao nerds. This goes with all things. People who play sports, people who are sports nerds. You are a Taoist nerd, it says so in every awe-inspiring post you write, lol. "It's really not funny or coincidental. It was intentional" Well, what IS funny and (coincidental?) is linking, in your little image collage, a thread to possibly even a bigger Tao nerd than you, with an equally idiotic conception. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with reading and posting on internet forums all day, being a Tao nerd as yourself, but I strongly encourage you to leave your comfort zone (live with parents I presume) and get out into the world, throw some actual, real Taoist practice in there. Crying over something like this just shows your incompetency on the Path, that you are still absorbed with such menial, irrelevant things; such things do not stir the water of a true Taoist's pool. Why so serious? Thanks for the laugh.

edit: btw, you need to go to school, your definition of plagiarism is pitiful. As you must be furiously cooking up an ever witty retort, before you tell me that I plagiarized the last guy who told you all of this, I hereby bestow him credit!

Amazing, all that from a simple post about Star Wars? Funny thing is, I'll bet you make those same "observations"/projections about lots of other people too... What another "funny coincidence!"

But, are you really talking about me...or YOURSELF here? ;) Well, hope you can work that out...may the Force be with you.. :lol:

Anyhow, back OT - does anyone know about Prahlad Jani's actual method for attaining such a high level?

Edited by vortex

Oh boy, you must be the first person to ever throw that "Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?". No, I'm talking about you, and another thing I can tell you is that it is obvious you have used that line many, many times as your only fleeting defense mechanism. Oh good job on the wiki link, your genius is unfathomable.

Possible outcomes:

A: There is a Yoga craze

B: "Ah those Indian scientists. They can't be believed. It's all voodoo until our "trusted" western scientists can examine him"

The sad thing: At the end of the day it won't change anything.

Like they said in that documentary, Yogis and practitioners of the internal arts are performing all sorts of what we call by modern standards, miracles - but hardly anybody cares.

Nothing of mass media will change the world anymore if it is concerned with self development. But hey if its a new dance video, well all learn the routine at home and half the globe will be dancing in sync in a few days.

Why are we so lazy? - Why why why must we wait for action to be upon us before we are motivated to take it upon ourselves. I do not understand my fellow humans and boy have i tried.

Effilang i understand where your coming from. However, its important to respect other people's freedom of choice.

-Even if this Indian Yoga guy put all his knowledge in a single book and gave it away for free there are still many paths that an individual can take and this path might not necessarily speak to the heart of many people out their (thus not making them motivated).

-There is much more i could say but i'll leave it at that.

-Also a good book to see what motivates others is called "The DNA of Success", very good read

-Peace ;)

Edited by Tao Apprentice

Amazing, all that from a simple post about Star Wars? Funny thing is, I'll bet you make those same "observations"/projections about lots of other people too... What another "funny coincidence!"

But, are you really talking about me...or YOURSELF here? ;) Well, hope you can work that out...may the Force be with you.. :lol:

Anyhow, back OT - does anyone know about Prahlad Jani's actual method for attaining such a high level?

Vortex there is no method! He claims he use to eat,drink, and pass stool then met a goddess who blessed him. Since that day he has not passed stool or urinated or consumed anything. I wonder what would happen if the taiost immortals from mo pai met the goddess.He now enters a state of samadhi everyday for a period of time.

Oh boy, you must be the first person to ever throw that "Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?". No, I'm talking about you, and another thing I can tell you is that it is obvious you have used that line many, many times as your only fleeting defense mechanism. Oh good job on the wiki link, your genius is unfathomable.

I find your attitude offensively hostile, unnecessary and immature.

: )

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

George Lucas admits that he drew from eastern philosophies in many places and not just on wiki. I thought that was widely known such as Yoda was a facial combo of Albert Einstien and O'Sensei. Joseph Campbell was a huge influence too.

Ever notice in Star Wars 4 Luke wears something like a Gi in the beginning and in Star Wars 6 shows up in a black mandarin collared, frog buttoned kung fu like outfit?

EDIT: Back to the subject. If that Jani guy hasn't eaten from an early age then I doubt it was anything he did in this life. Probably a mutation or he is resting on the laurels of some past life achievement. Just my opinion.

Edited by Taiji Bum

I am looking forward to hearing if they did any studies on his eye's, during this period. He has mentioned sun gazing as part of his practice, which is fascinating to me as when I did an extensive Fast, I found that I could stare for hours directly at the Sun. I really would like to know how the eyes undergo a change like that...

-Please know that the Sun staring happened naturally with zero force or effort involved. If you think you can 'Make' it happen you will go blind.

Also Lucas was Inspired by Aikido's founder and based much of his Jedi code on its principles...

And take it easy fizix, that was quite an over the top reaction to a simple statement...

And as according to Yogi Prahlad Jani, 'there is no death,, there is the Tao' which he has embraced on every level;

Certainly, him probably being a Hindu and all.

Hey Vortex and All :D

does anyone know about Prahlad Jani's actual method for attaining such a high level?

Prahlad Jani is living off of Amrita (nectar) and has said so (I'll go looking for the youtube video in which he said this in a minute...here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewoDVPCLnt0&feature=related). He also practices taking some of the Amrita out of his mouth and rubbing it into his crown chakra to keep the chakras purified.

Love!

:D

Certainly, him probably being a Hindu and all.

Regardless of his own belief system, I am a Taoist and that is my interpretation of of his phenomenon; whether he is Hindu or even Buddhist, he is in accordance and embrace with the Tao I know unnamed.

Regardless of his own belief system, I am a Taoist and that is my interpretation of of his phenomenon; whether he is Hindu or even Buddhist, he is in accordance and embrace with the Tao I know unnamed.

Well said. Under the surfacial differences, there are lots of similarities between Hinduism (Tantra, Yoga and Vedanta) and Taoism (I'd say Buddhism too, but we have some extra-vocal nay-sayers here who I don't want to disturb)...

Guest paul walter

I would think Lucas could be singled out as one of the few who has put his cards on the table regards cultural influence.

Joseph Campbell's works on mythology

Reading the worlds myths and fables before writing the script

John Ford's western films

Akira Kurosawa's historical samurai films (in particular the large influence of "The Hidden Frotress" on the first movie-those 'wipes' across the screen that transition the scenes are used extensively in Kurosawa in the same way).

Morehei Ueshiba and Aikido/Japanese culture/Chinese mysticism

1930's and 40's serials

2001:A Space Odyssey/Metropolis etc

There's probably not a more enthused example of a filmmaker grateful for the things he has come across and been inspired by. Paul

George Lucas admits that he drew from eastern philosophies in many places and not just on wiki. I thought that was widely known such as Yoda was a facial combo of Albert Einstien and O'Sensei. Joseph Campbell was a huge influence too.

Yoda was inspired by a Tibetan teacher by the name of Tsenzhab Serkong Rinpoche. From the Berzin Archives:

"Tsenzhab Serkong Rinpoche was a massive man – a monk with shaved head, red robes, and a deeply lined face that made him look more ancient than his years. His humble, wise manner and gentle humor made him appear like the archetypal sage of fables. This quality did not escape the notice of Westerners who met him. Upon seeing him in Dharamsala, for instance, the makers of the popular film Star Wars decided to use him as the model for Yoda, the spiritual guide of the epic. Rinpoche never saw the movie, but would undoubtedly have been amused at the caricature. Rinpoche’s most outstanding feature, however, was his relationship with His Holiness the Dalai Lama."

serkong-pastlife.jpg

Edited by mikaelz

I would think Lucas could be singled out as one of the few who has put his cards on the table regards cultural influence.

Joseph Campbell's works on mythology

Reading the worlds myths and fables before writing the script

John Ford's western films

Akira Kurosawa's historical samurai films (in particular the large influence of "The Hidden Frotress" on the first movie-those 'wipes' across the screen that transition the scenes are used extensively in Kurosawa in the same way).

Morehei Ueshiba and Aikido/Japanese culture/Chinese mysticism

1930's and 40's serials

2001:A Space Odyssey/Metropolis etc

There's probably not a more enthused example of a filmmaker grateful for the things he has come across and been inspired by. Paul

Lol, but only a diehard fanboi would do enough homework to find this "hidden credit."

The real credit given or denied is onscreen. And since Lucas basically cast NO ASIANS in ALL 6 OF HIS FILMS (except perhaps 1 or 2 extras) - 99.9% of casual viewers have no clue how Asian-inspired his themes really are. And another .09% might think they are "clever" for noticing a "coincidental" similarity there. Maybe only .01% actually discovers that this "coincidence" was because Eastern culture actually WAS the source material.

This is akin to making a 6-film series about rappers in space...with NO Black people in it. But oh, if he "gives credit" to NWA in some obscure interviews, then he therefore absolves himself of plagiarizing their culture.. :rolleyes:

Look, it's no surprise. Hollywood has a long history of Whitefacing and erasing Asian actors out of the picture. From denying Bruce Lee the role in his own TV series idea to more recent films like 21 or Avatar: The Last Airbender. Now, I can understand financially-motivated racism & plagiarism - but let's simply call it for what it is and stop denying it. That's all.

geneluenyang_thelastairbender.jpg

Thank you enouch, effilang, Seth Ananda, CarsonZi & all. :) Sorry for derailing this thread. Let's get back on track now..

Edited by vortex