Sign in to follow this  
ThomasPristow

Hello from Norfolk

Hello everyone,

I am a newcomer to Tao Bums but am also relatively new to Virginia. I moved here from Vermont where I taught Aikido, jujutsu and sword at Dartmouth College for 20 years. I'm taking a break from teaching now -trying to focus on the internal arts more now that my evenings are somewhat freed up. I find the Taoist philosophy very appealing and it has resonated with me for years. I had a very close friend who introduced me to Taoism in the mid 90's.. the late Sifu Charles Blodgett. His guidance was so instrumental in my understanding of Taoism. -so, I am saying hello and am looking forward to learning from this forum.. Thank you.

Hi Thomas,

Welcome and enjoy your time here.

You will find a mixed bunch of people here - some doing martial arts and some not at all. 20 years of martial arts is an impressively long time, so I am sure that you will have lots of good advice in stock for your fellow tao bums. At the same time I am sure we will be able to help you with some questions that you may want to ask. :)

Certainly 20 years of teaching merit a break! - good time to check balance

within; you've been out there...Welcome.

Yes. Balance. The teaching, although remarkably rewarding does take a toll. This time is welcomed! Thank you for your gracious message.

Sign in to follow this