Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

How do we find our personal spirit guide?

We are all supposed to have one...so how do we get in contact?

any ideas??

cheers

Ed

I have heard two different opinions on this regarding Native American spirituality.

The first is that we cannot choose a spirit guide. A spirit guide will choose us.

The other is that medicine women and medicine men have the power to tell you what your spirit guide is. This is done by them asking the person many questions and specifically paying attention to responses to personal questions.

Mine is the cougar and it was given to me by a medicine woman.

I did find one Native American site on the internet that did assigning but I have no idea of its value.

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

I suggest you peruse this older thread to get some ideas. There are some valuable gems of wisdom in there that I have found valuable and that I have discovered ring true for me in that thread.

There are also people who claim you can meet spirit guides in dreams, normal dreams and lucid dreams. I have tried without what I initially considered to be success, but upon further review of my dream experiences I think that perhaps the discovery of something is possible, so perhaps you could try that avenue as well.

As you are able to reach deeper and deeper levels of meditation you will also discover some interesting things, perhaps guides in that form as well, so keep up some kind of meditation practice. To that extent, I have found qigong helps to energize the body to keep it healthy for meditation practice, so you might want to look into that. For starters, I recommend B.K. Frantzis' "Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong" system. The instruction manual is kind of pricey, but it is top notch inf. "Opening The Energy Gates Of Your Body" as well as "Relaxing Into Your Being" and "The Great Stillness" also teach good energy work + meditation techniques that let you go as deep into yourself as you are willing to go.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Well if you put any weight in what

says,

What you do, every night, or in the mornings -- find a special time for yourself and lie down, and just kind of relax yourself all over. Take yourself to a seashore. Put your feet in the sand, put your back against the palm tree. Feel the sun on your face, and the wind on your hair. And then just ask your guide, "Come out of the shadows and talk to me." If you do this, for a week to 10 days, I promise you, you'll begin to see your spirit guide and your angels.

From: http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/06/10/psychic-sylvia-browne-on-ghosts-angels-men-and-her-new-book/?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.com%2F2010%2F06%2F10%2Fpsychic-sylvia-browne-on-ghosts-angels-men-and-her-new-book%2F

any ideas??

cheers

Ed

I don't think everyone must have a spirit guide. Do spirit guides have their own spirit guides? Probably not. However, I do believe that anyone who is sincerely interested in a spirit guide and/or sincerely believes in such a possibility has a spirit guide. To contact one during waking, you must have a mind that's flexible enough to accept hearing voices and seeing visions that other people can't see. If other people can also see it, then it's no longer a spirit, but a being like any other. If hearing things and seeing things that others can't hear or see is disturbing, that means you are probably not going to contact your spirit guide during waking in that manner. You can still feel something though. So given this, the most reliable way to contact a spirit guide, if you have one, is in a lucid dream. If you know how to lucid dream, you can call for a spirit guide as soon as you become lucid.

A word of warning: an incorporeal being is not necessarily wiser than a flesh-bearing one. Being of the spirit is not a guarantee of anything per se, it's just a different way of being and living compared to the fleshly ways. Spirit guides can have great wisdom, but at the same time, I don't think they are inherently infallible just because they are spirits.

I don't have a spirit guide, but my wife does. Her guide tells her some very interesting things (mostly in dreams, as far as I know), but at the same time, when I hear those things, while I agree they are worthy, to my mind, they're not so excellent that I would feel envious of not having a guide. None of us are completely without a guide. If you know how to use it, your own mind is the best guide. If you don't know how to use it, your own mind is the worst enemy.

I wish you luck and success and if you really want a spirit guide, I hope you find yours soon.

Edited by goldisheavy

any ideas??

cheers

Ed

I started to give a BS answer like you may find a guide in Alaska. Which is entirely true.

But on the assumption you are really asking, let me ask why is it that you want to "find" the guide?

This is already happening, you just haven't yet taken the time to listen. Raising the energy body vibration through a real energetic practice cam assist greatly in bringing you to the level where you can Listen.

Dumb question of the day, why do you want one?.

But on the assumption you are really asking, let me ask why is it that you want to "find" the guide?

I'd ask my spirit guide to tell me an epic story that I can turn into the next big novel + movie series. Maybe a, I dunno, 12 book series with 14 movies to it? Yeah, a couple billion dollars there. Not to mention legions of adoring fans and years worth of spin off products and royalty fees.

Or ask my spirit guide to see what everyone else in my class is writing about when I don't have a good paper topic!

You could also go see movies together, and admission for your guide is free, so it's like two for the price of one. Though some people might say you're crazy when you are saving an "empty seat" for your spirit guide.

You could also ask your guide to be on the lookout for someone who might jump you, so being mugged is never a fear.

All kinds of reasons why you'd want to find a spirit guide.... and those are just the mundane ones!

And, you know, more broadly, if you didn't know what to do in a particularly crucial situation you could always ask your spirit guide for uh.... you know, guidance.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Sign in to follow this