NeiChuan

Heart qi gong

Would anyone have recommendations? Bit worried lol.

Do you mean as in a qigong to strengthen the heart? One I do is this.

Put arms in front of chest with hands parallel to earth with thumb, index, and middle fingers facing the other hand with 1/4 in space between left thumb right thumb, left index right index, and left middle right middle. Circulate qi left to right hand then make a loop through chest/heart. 3 minutes max at a time.

This comes I think from Daniel Reed.

Or do you mean open up "heart" as in center? My Gift of the Tao 2 DVD to be released this summer will address this.

Do you mean as in a qigong to strengthen the heart? One I do is this.

Put arms in front of chest with hands parallel to earth with thumb, index, and middle fingers facing the other hand with 1/4 in space between left thumb right thumb, left index right index, and left middle right middle. Circulate qi left to right hand then make a loop through chest/heart. 3 minutes max at a time.

This comes I think from Daniel Reed.

Or do you mean open up "heart" as in center? My Gift of the Tao 2 DVD to be released this summer will address this.

Hm yes to strengthen the heart, sorry for not being descriptive enough. Thanks

Hm yes to strengthen the heart, sorry for not being descriptive enough. Thanks

I have seen great results with this qigong exercise with my clients and myself.

I have seen great results with this qigong exercise with my clients and myself.

Much appreciated, I'll start today.

Oh but one thing, when you say arms in front, do you mean arms straight foward out or they can be bent?

Edited by NeiChuan

Are you having chest pain or angina? If so, get it checked out now, you can't afford be in denial about this one. There may be a more holistically oriented cardiologist in your city, ask around (there are several in mine).

Are you talking palpitations or arrhythmia? It sounds like you are having symptoms of some sort that are worrying you. What are you concerned about? You can PM me, or better yet, try Ya Mu with your condition by PM.

Again, don't be superstitious about this. Do what needs doing, find out what the situation is, then make treatment decisions. I can't emphasize this enough!!! You can figure out heart qi gong later on, after they have figured out and stabilized what's going on.

Bit worried lol.

IF YOU'RE HAVING CHEST PAIN OR PRESSURE, GO TO THE E.R.!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Much appreciated, I'll start today.

Oh but one thing, when you say arms in front, do you mean arms straight foward out or they can be bent?

Hands are about 6" in front of chest perpendicular to chest, so arms are bent.

YMMV

Edit: Anytime I am working with the heart including pericardium and heart channels, my INTENT is ALWAYS gentle, gentle, gentle. Soft, calm.

I think over 3 minutes is not good. Can't remember what Reid (If I indeed attributed this exercise to the correct source) said about it.

ALSO - Agree with Songs. Do not put any qigong exercise in place of common sense. This exercise I described is just that, an exercise. It doesn't take the place of proper health care but designed to be used in concurrence with proper health care. The cardio system is very sensitive. If you have a problem go see your doctor NOW and don't put it off. I practice this exercise because of genetic disposition to cardio problems - doing what I can to head things off at the pass.

Edited by Ya Mu

Would anyone have recommendations? Bit worried lol.

you're a bit young to worry like that - is there a certain manifestation that gave you caution?

Hm yeah.

Whats happened other then vertigo and such is. Everyonce in awhile I've had really harsh chest pain. Sometimes where its been hurting it'll get cold, like theres some kinda've liquid there, really worried me at the moment.

Its been that way about 3 times but I had gotten it under control, it stopped hurting each time.

It happened actually about a week ago aswell.

Hm yeah.

Whats happened other then vertigo and such is. Everyonce in awhile I've had really harsh chest pain. Sometimes where its been hurting it'll get cold, like theres some kinda've liquid there, really worried me at the moment.

Its been that way about 3 times but I had gotten it under control, it stopped hurting each time.

It happened actually about a week ago aswell.

Go to doctor NOW NOW NOW - don't put it off. Do NOT do any exercise until you have done so.

Im setting up an appointment tomorrow. Thanks.

/quote]

Good for you. I hope he gives you great news.

I also take CoQ10 and hawthorn berry and jump on a rebounder as a preventive due to my genetic tendencies. And I get my blood pressure checked regularly as well.

Im setting up an appointment tomorrow. Thanks.

/quote]

Good for you. I hope he gives you great news.

I also take CoQ10 and hawthorn berry and jump on a rebounder as a preventive due to my genetic tendencies. And I get my blood pressure checked regularly as well.

Thanks, yea I have family history of blood pressure.

I went to the doctor today, he didn't take my insurance lol. After I came back and went to sleep I felt pretty amazing though..

I decided too cut out greasy foods.. Maybe some oatmeal everday/water ect, I'll go to another doctor that takes my coverage soon though.

Thanks for the feedback all.

...I decided too cut out greasy foods.. Maybe some oatmeal everday/water ect, I'll go to another doctor that takes my coverage soon though.

Make sure your diet is not too rich in salt as too much of it can be damaging to the heart. Water (Kidney) controls Fire (Heart). When someone consumes too much salt, water is in excess and the heart can be stressed as a result.

Make sure your diet is not too rich in salt as too much of it can be damaging to the heart. Water (Kidney) controls Fire (Heart). When someone consumes too much salt, water is in excess and the heart can be stressed as a result.

Yeah I've cut salt/excess sugar/fatty foods out.

Im pretty much eating vegetables/fruit/oatmeal/water/. It varies really. And yeah its what causes high blood pressure and clots aswell im pretty sure. Low grade salts I mean.

I went to the doctor today, he didn't take my insurance lol. After I came back and went to sleep I felt pretty amazing though..

I hope you go to one that does take your insurance.

Shouldn't salt mean less water? - Is there any logic to this? :unsure:

Good quality fats are very important for heart health.

Fermented cod liver oil , butter oil and CoQ10 are very beneficial for your heart amongst many other benefits.

You may also research arginine and nitric oxide supplements... which improve circulation and relax your blood vessels, taking the load off your heart.