Sign in to follow this  
ejr1069

Anyone struggle with tiredness?

I am 3 years into a kundalini experience. My body has gone through extensive cleansing. I practice Zhan Zhuang style Qigong, yoga, and sometimes Kunlun Nei Gung. I feel as if maybe my nervous system is not ready for all this energy causing frequent tiredness as well as numbness along my brow.

Anyone else experience something similar? Any suggestions on how to alleviate tiredness?

Hello ejr1069:

I think you are correct. I think your nervous system is not ready for all this energy. There is a good book to read about this (actually several, but this I finished this one just last week), called Unmasking the Rose by Dorothy Waters. Her book covers about a decade or two, so it was interesting to follow her progress and perhaps you can get some ideas out of it. Eventually she gets over it,it just took a while.

However, I think it is very common to have an experience like yours, since it is like running through too much current through a motor: it overheats and causes damage. I had a Kundalini experience many years ago while in school and about a week later I was taking a test and I was really drilling down to squeeze that last answer out of my brain, when I had this hot flash that practically threw me out of my chair. Since then, everytime I concentrated too hard, I got these hot flashes, so I had to learn a new way to get information out of my brain. My grades suffered...bummer!

Another interesting book is by Franklin Merrell Wolff, Pathways Through to Space. He describes how if he stayed connected to "the Current" too long, when he stops, he feels deflated and like he's been sick a long time. Actually, related to my comment above about hot flashes, Franklin also warns not to "push into this too hard with the mind" if you're not ready, as it could cause bad side effects. I think I was not ready. Still probably not ready. Sigh.

By the way, do you have any information about energy movement during the Zhan Zhuan style Qigong you practice? While I'm referring to written material, any of your experiences would also be interesting and helpful to me.

Thanks,

WallaMike

Sign in to follow this