Let him sleep on the bed,

Clothe him with fine clothes,

And give him jade to play...

When a daughter is born,

Let her sleep on the ground,

Wrap her in common wrappings,

And give broken tiles to play..."

Gotta love it.

China will have huge problems in the future. The ratio of boys to girls is 120 to 100. That means female babies are aborted or killed upon birth. Wonderful. In the future China will have a huge population drop, its inevitable. This also means that there will be lots of anal sex happening.

Also... there will be a huge demand for prostitution.

Things are not looking good :|

Edited by mikaelz

Well, maybe sex changed males will gain popularity there, next best thing after a woman... more or less.... :unsure::lol: Good luck to them :wacko:

"Book of Songs" (1000-700 B.C.):

"When a son is born,

When a daughter is born,

Gotta love it.

China will have huge problems in the future. The ratio of boys to girls is 120 to 100. That means female babies are aborted or killed upon birth. Wonderful. In the future China will have a huge population drop, its inevitable. This also means that there will be lots of anal sex happening.

Things are not looking good :|

http://www.facebook.com/SpringForestQigong

Chunyi Lin Hello my friends! This weekend is my son Ming's graduation party. My daughter Crystal has been so excited but when she heard how many people might attend she was concerned and I asked her why. She replied that in her opinion the rice cooker wouldn't be big enough! :-)

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/newscience/reproduction/sperm/humansperm.htm

LONDON NEW research has confirmed fears that men are becoming less fertile. The study shows a halving of sperm production in 10 years. Scientists made the discovery after post-mortem studies of mostly middle-aged men from Finland who died between 1981 and 1991.

http://www.dhushara.com/book/diversit/extra/sperm.htm

Men who eat soya-based foods may be harming their fertility, doctors said yesterday, after a study found a link between soya-rich diets and lower sperm counts.

The study showed men who consumed more than two portions of soya-based foods a week had, on average, 41m fewer sperm per millilitre of semen than men who had never eaten soya products.

The apparent fall in sperm count is unlikely to make healthy men infertile, but some experts said it could have a significant impact on those already with lower than average sperm counts. A sperm count of between 80m and 120m per ml is regarded as normal, while men who produce fewer than 20m sperm per ml are regarded as clinically subfertile.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/jul/24/foodtech.medicalresearch

So the Western females will be at greater ratio to the males with all the estrogen mimicking hormones from pesticides, soy, etc. in the West....

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/newscience/reproduction/sperm/sperm.htm

This has nothing to do with sperm, Drew. Ever since the 80s when China got technology which told parents the gender of their babies, females have been killed off. Same thing happened in India. That's why when I was at a hospital in India, I saw a sign that said its illegal for the doctor to tell pregnant females the gender of their baby.

This has nothing to do with sperm, Drew. Ever since the 80s when China got technology which told parents the gender of their babies, females have been killed off. Same thing happened in India. That's why when I was at a hospital in India, I saw a sign that said its illegal for the doctor to tell pregnant females the gender of their baby.

Yeah I was thinking the Asian males could hook up with Caucasian females but at least not for now:

"Book of Songs" (1000-700 B.C.):

"When a son is born,

When a daughter is born,

Lol, and after that...

Let the woman stay safely at home

To take care of the house & family

While they send him off to the border regions alone

To build the Great Wall & other government projects

Like a disposable slave.

If he survives that...

Then send him off to war.

Let him die on the battlefield.

As long as he sends all his pay home first

To support his wife, family, parents, in-laws & taxes.

If he returns, then he will take in his elderly parents

And care for them and his own family into old age.

Now you know why they preferred sons in old China

They made far more productive beasts of burden.

Gender-selected abortion, abandonment, and infanticide have actually all been illegal in China for a while now.

Most of the disparity is actually naturally due to Hepatitis B (up to 75%) and under-reporting.

I do agree that it is a serious problem though. However, again...the Chinese government probably likes it because again - they will simply get an increased number of productive beasts of burden to exploit. Not to mention further population reduction - since many of these men will never breed. The downside is that these men will be miserable...but who cares about the welfare of men?

Edited by vortex

Unfortunately there already is. Prostitution is rife here. There is nothing subtle about it's promotion either. There are young women-and men-doing this to pay their way through university. There are those from the countryside working in 'massage parlours' and KTV fronts. It is not a great place to be poor and lacking in connections-but look at the US of A, the Kennedy's or the Bush's, and you can find nepotism and cronyism anywhere. You'll also find students doing the same to pay for their educations.

Aside from that, having lived in China for several years now, I can say that most parents I've observed-rich or poor-are very affectionate towards their children-be they male or female. Like any country, China isn't perfect. However, it isn't the hole that many in the West seem intent on portraying it as. Everywhere has it's work cut out, particularly the financially and spiritually bankrupt Western nations.

As for the 'Book of Songs', while there is some resurgence in interest in the traditional culture here, people are more concerned with practical things. Go into a bookshop here and take a look in the business and investment sections-which are huge in the large shops. Every notable Western author translated, along with books by local experts.

One final point. Teaching in a college I get to observe 18-21 year olds day in, day out. The young ladies are certainly not downtrodden, dressed in rags and under the thumbs of their boyfriends. There is no lack of women in senior positions within the staff either. Perfect? No, but not worse than what I've seen in the West.(The educational standards are another matter, but that is for a different thread).

• Like 1

Unfortunately there already is. Prostitution is rife here. There is nothing subtle about it's promotion either. There are young women-and men-doing this to pay their way through university. There are those from the countryside working in 'massage parlours' and KTV fronts. It is not a great place to be poor and lacking in connections-but look at the US of A, the Kennedy's or the Bush's, and you can find nepotism and cronyism anywhere. You'll also find students doing the same to pay for their educations.

Aside from that, having lived in China for several years now, I can say that most parents I've observed-rich or poor-are very affectionate towards their children-be they male or female. Like any country, China isn't perfect. However, it isn't the hole that many in the West seem intent on portraying it as. Everywhere has it's work cut out, particularly the financially and spiritually bankrupt Western nations.

As for the 'Book of Songs', while there is some resurgence in interest in the traditional culture here, people are more concerned with practical things. Go into a bookshop here and take a look in the business and investment sections-which are huge in the large shops. Every notable Western author translated, along with books by local experts.

One final point. Teaching in a college I get to observe 18-21 year olds day in, day out. The young ladies are certainly not downtrodden, dressed in rags and under the thumbs of their boyfriends. There is no lack of women in senior positions within the staff either. Perfect? No, but not worse than what I've seen in the West.(The educational standards are another matter, but that is for a different thread).

O.K. 1 billion people and you're there on the ground-floor with the "inside" scoop? haha. So you see maybe a few thousand -- maybe 50,000 people a day? Which is something like .005 % of the population....

Still -- notice all the Chinese males working in Santa's Worshop for the West!!

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/santas-workshop/

Yeah lots of business books there I'm sure.

Well, to many Western feminists - a 2000-yo poem is as current and relavant as they can (or want to) get to China today. :lol:

But, how can you compare a poem from China 2000 years ago to the modern West today? Sound a bit unfair?

But if you ARE going to dig back in history - why not mention these historical FACTS? Like, that China has also already had an empress who founded and ruled her own Zhou dynasty back in the 7th century. And Empress Dowager Cixi was also the de facto ruler at the end of the Qing Dynasty. So, already been there, done that...

Or here's a more recent comparison:

Only 14 women in the world have earned their own 10-figure fortunes, and half of them struck it rich in China

Oft-cited in China is one of Mao Zedong's more famous proverbs: "Women hold up half the sky."

Half the world's 14 self-made female billionaires--that is, those who didn't benefit from inherited fortunes--have struck it rich on China's mainland.

Wu Yajun, who took her Longfor Properties public in November and is now the world's richest self-made woman.

In China female workers make up about nearly 50% of the enrollment at universities and 36% of the total labor force, according to state media. Women now contribute about half of household income, up from 20% in the 1950s, says Shaun Rein, founder of the Shanghai-based China Market Research Group.

But reality is that many "nice guys" still fantasize about saving helpless women to "win" their love. Since Western feminist women find chivalry degrading now (preferring to be thrilled by bad boys instead) - these spurned guys must project their fantasies elsewhere. Even if it means grasping at 2000-yo straws that have little relevance today! :lol: Edited by vortex

O.K. 1 billion people and you're there on the ground-floor with the "inside" scoop? haha. So you see maybe a few thousand -- maybe 50,000 people a day? Which is something like .005 % of the population....

Still -- notice all the Chinese males working in Santa's Worshop for the West!!

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/santas-workshop/

Yeah lots of business books there I'm sure.

It's called a relevent opinion based on direct experience. That is something I realise you know little to nothing about.

Different countries set their different poverty lines. By the U.S. official poverty threshold, there is 12% of the Americans are living in poverty while by China's, only about 8% of Chinese are poor people. But if according to the World Bank's unified average daily purchasing power standard, there is 16.6% of Chinese living under 1 dollar a day and 46.7% under 2 dollars in 2005, compared to U.S. and other developed countries, in which less than 2% of their population are living beneath 2 dollars a day. Of course, with a large population and developing process that is late started, it's impossible for China to avoid the poverty phenomenon and it's improper for that reason to deny the great achievements of China's reform and opening and developing potential. However, to fully understand is much different from to be conceited blindly. A country in which 46% of the population can't reach a 2-dollar daily life, sneers at the “poverty” problem of another country in which less than 2% of its people are living in the same situation; is it a little “look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own”?

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2007/11/10/china-the-controversial-low-poverty-rate/

Again, we see the lack of intelligence amongst the general population.

These brilliant posters all forget to figure in one "minor" calculation - national debt.

The US is in $15 trillion of national debt. Therefore, its entire lifestyle is financed on credit (leeching off our kids).

China is not even in debt. It's actually solvent and has $2 trillion in foreign reserves alone. Its lifestyle is thus one of living within its means (foreign concept to Americans now).

HUGE difference here, folks. Anyone can wildly live it up on credit. But let the US pay back its debts and THEN see how many fall into poverty!

This world and most of its inhabitants are a f'n joke these days... They lack even the most rudimentary logic and common sense. Complete sheeple who cannot think for themselves one iota.

Edited by vortex

These brilliant posters all forget to figure in one "minor" calculation - national debt.

The US is in $15 trillion of national debt. Therefore, its entire lifestyle is financed on credit (leeching off our kids).

China is not even in debt. It's actually solvent and has $2 trillion in foreign reserves alone. Its lifestyle is thus one of living within its means (foreign concept to Americans now).

HUGE difference here, folks. Anyone can wildly live it up on credit. But let the US pay back its debts and THEN see how many fall into poverty!

This world and most of its inhabitants are a f'n joke these days... They lack even the most rudimentary logic and common sense. Complete sheeple who cannot think for themselves one iota.

Hey you! Get back in line! :angry:

I have wondered though, what happens if the US for example just says, "sorry China, cant pay you lololol, what you gonna do about it? what can you do about it?"

Edited by That Guy

Hey you! Get back in line! :angry:

I have wondered though, what happens if the US for example just says, "sorry China, cant pay you lololol, what you gonna do about it? what can you do about it?"

Sorry, I was talking about posters in that thread, not this one, lol..

Well, history repeats itself, my friend. By the 1800s, the UK had also amassed a huge trade deficit with China due to its Oriental (fine china, etc) craze. So, how did they finally relieve it?

In 1823 a 24 year old Yankee, Warren Delano, sailed to Canton, where he did so well that within seven years he was a senior partner in Russell & Company. Delano's problem, as with all traders, European and American, was that China had much to sell but declined to buy.

The British struck upon an ingenious way to reduce a huge trade deficit. Their merchants bribed Chinese officials to allow entry of chests of opium from British ruled India, though its importation had long been banned by imperial decree. Imports soared, and nearly every American company followed suit, acquiring "black dirt" in Turkey or as agents for Indian producers.

Warren Delano returned to America rich, and in 1851 settled in Newburgh, N.Y. There he eventually gave his daughter Sara in marriage to a wellborn neighbor, James Roosevelt, the father of Franklin Roosevelt.

So, the UK simply trafficked drugs into China (killing 100 million addicts over 150 years), waged war on them, colonized some of their territory, demanded huge sums of precious metals after winning the wars & financed the rise of 2 of America's future Presidents! This pretty much settled their trade debt.

You can expect the same from America too. They will keep bashing China until they can finally "justify" a reason to attack them...while trafficking various subversive goods.

Edited by vortex

Sorry, I was talking about posters in that thread, not this one, lol..

Well, history repeats itself, my friend. By the 1800s, the UK had also amassed a huge trade deficit with China due to its Oriental (fine china, etc) craze. So, how did they finally relieve it?So, the UK simply trafficked drugs into China (killing 100 million addicts over 150 years), waged war on them, colonized some of their territory, demanded huge sums of precious metals after winning the wars & financed the rise of 2 of America's future Presidents! This pretty much settled their trade debt.

You can expect the same from America too. They will keep bashing China until they can finally "justify" a reason to attack them...while trafficking various subversive goods.

Yeah to stoop down into international relations (my b.a. degree) is unfortunate still a necessary detour.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-01/china-corporate-profits-plunge-in-yuan-stress-test-xinhua-says.html

So basically China has to export to the U.S. -- and U.S. NASDAQ, etc. actually makes more profit abroad (in China) then in the U.S. So China has to buy U.S. treasury bonds to keep the dollar strong against the Chinese currency -- this keeps Chinese exports cheap. It's a standard "free market" mantra to devalue the national currency so you can export more. As I pointed out with my "Santa's Workshop" documentary link -- the females of China are now the new disposable workers so that the U.S. gets cheap commodities.

Henry Kissinger is the advisor to China's national petroleum company and Kissinger is helping Rio Tinto Zinc to go into China -- in other words there's a global corporate elite making big money off of China even though it entails destroying manufacturing working class jobs in the U.S. This is called "marginal rate of costs" in investment lingo -- it really means China has super cheap labor costs so the investment class of the U.S. should move their money into China.

As for the U.S. debt -- it's backed up by the military! China was the original creator of paper money -- back in the day -- and was backed up by their military. So this is the case today -- it's called "petrodollars" for a reason -- the U.S. goes into the Middle East for genocide so that the U.S. has VETO power over oil sales which makes Japan, Germany and China, etc. dependent on the U.S. for oil. So we use military control over oil to back up the dollar enabling us to go way into debt as much as we want.

I don't agree with any of this but that's the way the modern political system works.

Edited by drewhempel

Completely insane, eh? I too have wondered what will China do if they say, "OK, ready to be paid now." and the USA CAN'T do it.

Completely insane, eh? I too have wondered what will China do if they say, "OK, ready to be paid now." and the USA CAN'T do it.

(IPS) WASHINGTON -- U.S. clothing and footwear companies, which import more than 15 billion dollars a year in Chinese-made goods, are profiting from sub-contractors whose mainly young, female workers toil in sweatshop conditions, according to a new report released here.

The report, which covers 21 factories in China, found that the foreign-financed boom in southern China is being fuelled by poorly- educated women from rural areas, who are unaware of their legal rights and forced to work up to 12-hours-a-day, seven days a week -- for as little as 13 cents an hour.

"Working conditions in China actually violate China's own labor law and internationally recognized worker rights, as well as U.S. corporate codes of conduct," according to Charles Kernaghan, director of the National Labor Committee (NLC) which released the report Wednesday.

"Yet the workers -- whose conditions approach indentured servitude -- have no independent unions, human rights, women's or religious organizations to protect them, and US companies take advantage of their vulnerability," said Kernaghan.

http://www.albionmonitor.com/9803a/chinasweat.html

U.S. buyers, according to the report, almost always deal with agents working out of upscale showrooms in Hong Kong. These then act as brokers which assign the work to subcontractors who actually run the factories. Sometimes, as many as 10 such factories may work on one order. Some four million apparel workers are employed in an estimated 44,000 apparel operations, according to the report.

"American companies are actually lowering standards in China as they shift their production from publicly-owned factories in the north to private, foreign-owned sweatshops in the south, slashing wages in the process, eliminating benefits, imposing excessive mandatory overtime hours, and tolerating widespread arbitrary firings and unsafe factory and living conditions," said Kernaghan.

Edited by drewhempel

@vortex

yeah thats the kinda thing I thought might come up, isn't the world tired of wars though.... seriously in school whilst doing history class it was war after war after war..... I wish we could've had more pleasant history to study.

Just thinking of the poor kids studying our time 50 years from now makes me sad, because chances are they'll be studying the current wars and the new ones likely to come.

I'll do what I can for love and peace, just wish humanity as a whole would just stop killing one another *sigh*

Misogyny wasn't nearly as prevalent in popular culture as random fragments of literature might suggest. (especially not in modern Taiwan or the PRC) Remember, cultures aren't monolithic. All patriarchal civilizations have their random misogynists, even 21st century America, although they're currently in hiding: http://petepatriarch.blogspot.com/2007/12/truth-about-women-from-pua-perspective.html Besides, we Indians were a lot worse when it comes to female infanticide and stuff.

PS. Our peasants routinely abuse their wives and daughters. Strangely, the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor are the worst of the lot. If you expected that poor peasants can't afford too much misogyny, you would be sadly mistaken. As far as I can tell, the only thing these classes have in common is that they're both resigned to their fates. The middle class seems to be the most practical in their thinking, and consequently the most egalitarian.

Edited by nac

Sign in to follow this