Sign in to follow this  
3bob

"immortal" and or perpetual motion?

"The Enneagram is perpetual motion, the same perpetual motion that men have sought since the remotest antiquity and could never find. And it is clear why they could not find perpetual motion. They sought outside themselves that which was within them; and they attempted to construct perpetual motion as a machine is constructed, whereas real perpetual motion is part of another perpetual motion and cannot be created apart from it. The enneagram is a schematic diagram of perpetual motion, that is, of a machine of eternal movement. But of course it is necessary to know how to read the diagram. The understanding of this symbol and the ability to make use of it give man very great power. It is perpetual motion and it also the philosopher's stone of the alchemists.

The knowledge of the enneagram has for a very long time been preserved in secret and if it is now, so to speak, made available to all, it is only in an incomplete and theoretical form of which nobody could make any practical use without instruction from a man who knows.

In order to understand the Enneagram, it must be thought of as in motion, as moving. A motionless enneagram is a dead symbol; the living symbol is in motion."

Well, I looked at the Enneagram and did not see any perpetual motion or immortality.

Did I miss something?

Peace & Love!

Well, I looked at the Enneagram and did not see any perpetual motion or immortality.

Did I miss something?

Peace & Love!

Hello MH,

You may have come across the "personality types" related to the enneagram?

Whereas Ouspensky went into other aspects of the enneagram in the earlier 1900's, and his work is sometimes referred to as, "fragments of an Unknown teaching". (parts of which can be mind blowing)

Edited by 3bob

Hello MH,

You may have come across the "personality types" related to the enneagram?

Whereas Ouspensky went into other aspects of the enneagram in the earlier 1900's, and his work is sometimes referred to as, "fragments of a lost teaching". (parts of which can be mind blowing)

Probably. I did a quickie view at Wikipedia.

Actually, the idea of perpetual motion is an interesting concept for me. However, I can, at this point, see perpetual motion only in a total vacuum (zero resistance). So, in my mind, the possibility of perpetual motion is real. And then, even outside a total vacuum, perpetual motion might be possible if it include a 'force' to counter any resistance.

Now, this idea relating to immortality, if we hold to the concept that the soul is the true essence of human life wouldn't it be possible for life (the soul) to be immortal if it either existed in a total vacuum, or, if there were some 'force' within the soul that negated any resistance?

Whatcha' think?

Peace & Love!

Probably. I did a quickie view at Wikipedia.

Actually, the idea of perpetual motion is an interesting concept for me. However, I can, at this point, see perpetual motion only in a total vacuum (zero resistance). So, in my mind, the possibility of perpetual motion is real. And then, even outside a total vacuum, perpetual motion might be possible if it include a 'force' to counter any resistance.

Now, this idea relating to immortality, if we hold to the concept that the soul is the true essence of human life wouldn't it be possible for life (the soul) to be immortal if it either existed in a total vacuum, or, if there were some 'force' within the soul that negated any resistance?

Whatcha' think?

Peace & Love!

One name used for that 'force' within all souls or Beings is Spirit. (Spirit which is not born and which does not die) But now we're starting to cross-up systems... :);)

I don't know very much about Mr. Ouspensky's (along with Mr G.) work but a lot has been spun out of it, apparently some being of very fine, wholesome groups and some being of very sick, twisted cults. So as usual be careful. Here is a link with some information about P.D. Ouspensky:

http://www.bookrags.com/printfriendly/?p=lens&u=P._D._Ouspensky

One book of his I appreciate is, "A New Model of the Universe" Principles of the Psychological Method in Its Application to Problems of Science, Religion, and Art. New York, 1971. (published late?, since much of it is based on his work from the earlier 1900's)

One name used for that 'force' within all souls or Beings is Spirit. (Spirit which is not born and which does not die) But now we're starting to cross-up systems... :);)

I don't know very much about Mr. Ouspensky's (along with Mr G.) work but a lot has been spun out of it, apparently some being of very fine, wholesome groups and some being of very sick, twisted cults. So as usual be careful. Here is a link with some information about P.D. Ouspensky:

http://www.bookrags.com/printfriendly/?p=lens&u=P._D._Ouspensky

One book of his I appreciate is, "A New Model of the Universe" Principles of the Psychological Method in Its Application to Problems of Science, Religion, and Art. New York, 1971. (published late?, since much of it is based on his work from the earlier 1900's)

Ha! I am always careful even though sometimes it may not seem so.

I thought you would enjoy talking about the soul and spirit. Hehehe.

No, I won't read the work but I would enjoy discussing any excerpts anyone would like to present.

Actually, I think there is a good correlation between perpetual motion and immortality but as you mentioned, many people like to take things way beyond reality and the realm of possibilities.

Peace & Love!

Ha! I am always careful even though sometimes it may not seem so.

I thought you would enjoy talking about the soul and spirit. Hehehe.

No, I won't read the work but I would enjoy discussing any excerpts anyone would like to present.

Actually, I think there is a good correlation between perpetual motion and immortality but as you mentioned, many people like to take things way beyond reality and the realm of possibilities.

Peace & Love!

Ok, but do you know of anyone who has actually nailed down and thus delineated "reality or the realm of possiblities"? I don't, nor have I done so for myself. So I see some difference in speculations related to a way beyond compared to devolving to a way less (or to a less than wholesome humanity) when it could be an evolution to a "way beyond" of super-normal or Sage like humanity.

Anyway, Ouspensky also studied music and it's relationships to energies - and imo that is a very interesting work! Btw, now and then we come across people who have copied much of his work without giving him his due credit... Btw #2 I'm not really qualified to discuss excerpts related to his work, although I feel ok in slightly touching on some of it while giving references for anyone to look further at his materials for themselves.

Om

Edited by 3bob

Ok, but do you know of anyone who has actually nailed down and thus delineated "reality or the realm of possiblities"? I don't, nor have I done so for myself. So I see some difference in speculations related to a way beyond compared to devolving to a way less (or to a less than wholesome humanity) when it could be an evolution to a "way beyond" of super-normal or Sage like humanity.

Anyway, Ouspensky also studied music and it's relationships to energies - and imo that is a very interesting work! Btw, now and then we come across people who have copied much of his work without giving him his due credit... Btw #2 I'm not really qualified to discuss excerpts related to his work, although I feel ok in slightly touching on some of it while giving references for anyone to look further at his materials for themselves.

Om

Okay. We will scratch paragraph two even though I do believe there is a relationship between music and the transfer of energies. I have experienced it depending on my, how to say it?, moor or mental state and the music I am listening to at the time. I can actually say that I 'became the music'.

Paragraph 1. "The realm of possibilities." What a concept! At any given point in time there are specific and given possibilities. We cannot exceed the limits of the present moment's possibilities. But life is not static. And neither is the realm of possibilities. What is impossible at this moment in time may become possible a few minutes, hours, days or years in the future. And the opposite is also true, what is possible at this moment in time may become impossible in the future. And this is why we should grasp opportunitites when they present themselves. Who knows that we may never again have the opportunity to attain to what we let slip by for whatever the reason; often, I would suggest, out of fear of what might happen.

Personally, I think that when viewed from the point of Tao there are no limits to the realm of possibilities. Anything is possible - it is just that many are highly unlikely. But who knows? Afterall some of the dinosaurs developed wings and feathers and are now flying around all over the world. Who woulda' thunk?

Now, the only thing I can say about 'reality' is based on what I am able to observe and/or rationalize thoughtfully. So I am limited by what my senses are capable of percieving. I can't talk about intuition, even though I do hold to the concept, because intuition cannot be rationalized, IMO.

Peace & Love!

From Marblehead,

Okay. We will scratch paragraph two even though I do believe there is a relationship between music and the transfer of energies. I have experienced it depending on my, how to say it?, moor or mental state and the music I am listening to at the time. I can actually say that I 'became the music'.

From Bob, Not sure what you mean by scratching paragraph two?

Paragraph 1. "The realm of possibilities." What a concept! At any given point in time there are specific and given possibilities. We cannot exceed the limits of the present moment's possibilities. But life is not static. And neither is the realm of possibilities. What is impossible at this moment in time may become possible a few minutes, hours, days or years in the future. And the opposite is also true, what is possible at this moment in time may become impossible in the future. And this is why we should grasp opportunitites when they present themselves. Who knows that we may never again have the opportunity to attain to what we let slip by for whatever the reason; often, I would suggest, out of fear of what might happen.

Agreed, and such is so for all "things" limited to certain developments in time and space.

Personally, I think that when viewed from the point of Tao there are no limits to the realm of possibilities. Anything is possible - it is just that many are highly unlikely. But who knows? Afterall some of the dinosaurs developed wings and feathers and are now flying around all over the world. Who woulda' thunk?

Agreed, although not the part about "highly unlikely" since in Tao "all and everything" or the One, Two, Three and Ten thousand are all happening right now.

Now, the only thing I can say about 'reality' is based on what I am able to observe and/or rationalize thoughtfully. So I am limited by what my senses are capable of percieving. I can't talk about intuition, even though I do hold to the concept, because intuition cannot be rationalized, IMO.

Peace & Love!

..."because intuition cannot be rationalized", and neither can the "peace that passeth understanding" nor Love that is unconditional and boundless, and it is well that such is so!

Om

Edited by 3bob

WoW! Bob! I am speechless. Hehehe.

That is, you offered me nothing to respond to.

Well, we had fun with this for a little while.

Maybe someone will come along and throw an additional concept into this that we can discuss.

May you have happy perpetual motion.

Peace & Love!

WoW! Bob! I am speechless. Hehehe.

That is, you offered me nothing to respond to.

Well, we had fun with this for a little while.

Maybe someone will come along and throw an additional concept into this that we can discuss.

May you have happy perpetual motion.

Peace & Love!

Wow also MH, although I'm only semi-speechless, hehehe :D;)

Wow also MH, although I'm only semi-speechless, hehehe :D;)

Hehehe. Apparently so was I.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this