Sign in to follow this  
fizix

Flys are Taoist Masters

It is odd, when deep in meditation, I often find myself an apparent magnet to bugs, birds, dogs, cats, etc. Flys, especially, seem to enjoy meditating with me. It is peculiar that when in a deep meditative state, I can be covered with various flys and may move myself freely, yet slowly and the flys do not seem to sense any ill intent; they do not flee as they normally would, but compliment the movements arisen from stillness. I have had humming birds continuously fly/hang around my immediate vicinity, a "right in your face" sort of thing; I have no proof that any of this is in anyway attached to meditation, nor do I expect those inexperienced to be able to relate, but that's what the point of this thread is: I doubt I'm the only one who has had altered relations with animals during meditation or in general. I have been practicing chi kung and nei kung for about 2 years now and as a result of my training I have been subject to the most bizarre reactions of dogs, cats, and birds. To put it simply, they go completely nuts whenever I am near.

Flys and whatever else seem to be attracted to the energy that is circulating/or emanating while meditating, anyone else here take no issue with flys 'meditating' on you while you're meditating? How about peculiar reactions of any type of animal as an apparent result of any energetic/spiritual disciplines?

Edited by fizix

It is odd, when deep in meditation, I often find myself an apparent magnet to bugs, birds, dogs, cats, etc. Flys, especially, seem to enjoy meditating with me. It is peculiar that when in a deep meditative state, I can be covered with various flys and may move myself freely, yet slowly and the flys do not seem to sense any ill intent; they do not flee as they normally would, but compliment the movements arisen from stillness. I have had humming birds continuously fly/hang around my immediate vicinity, a "right in your face" sort of thing; I have no proof that any of this is in anyway attached to meditation, nor do I expect those inexperienced to be able to relate, but that's what the point of this thread is: I doubt I'm the only one who has had altered relations with animals during meditation or in general. I have been practicing chi kung and nei kung for about 2 years now and as a result of my training I have been subject to the most bizarre reactions of dogs, cats, and birds. To put it simply, they go completely nuts whenever I am near.

Flys and whatever else seem to be attracted to the energy that is circulating/or emanating while meditating, anyone else here take no issue with flys 'meditating' on you while you're meditating? How about peculiar reactions of any type of animal as an apparent result of any energetic/spiritual disciplines?

Hm only very little. Like when meditating and I "do something" and my dogs asleep, she'll wake up and shoot across the room, usually into the hallway or something. Theres a mountain near by I want to meditate on also.. But there are eagles, so I dunno how they'll react.

Personally, I like my eyes.

Interesting topic. It also happens to me especially when I am walking the circle in my local park. I had dogs and birds coming at me and watching very carefully what I was doing, lol. In one instance the dog encounter wasn't very positive as the animal bit me on the ankle, I guess because of the sun we had months ago (and discussed at Tao Bums in another thread) which was unusual, very yang and so was the animal.

Whenever I meditate in the park either during sunrise/sunset some wildlife (possums and wild turkeys) comes close to me to find out what I am doing.

I guess animals are attracted to the higher spiritual vibrations we humans emanate during these sort of practices. The book "Opening the Dragon Gate" also touches this topic.

Interesting topic. It also happens to me especially when I am walking the circle in my local park. I had dogs and birds coming at me and watching very carefully what I was doing, lol. In one instance the dog encounter wasn't very positive as the animal bit me on the ankle, I guess because of the sun we had months ago (and discussed at Tao Bums in another thread) which was unusual, very yang and so was the animal.

Whenever I meditate in the park either during sunrise/sunset some wildlife (possums and wild turkeys) comes close to me to find out what I am doing.

I guess animals are attracted to the higher spiritual vibrations we humans emanate during these sort of practices. The book "Opening the Dragon Gate" also touches this topic.

Hm well what if your in the mountains and a bear stumbles along? I've heard if you just dont think of it happening it won't, but that won't really matter when a grizzly his tumbling you around.

well, it happened a few times when i was tripping my balls off... (no, i never actually visually hallucinated with my eyes open. it was more mental reprogramming, bliss-like body vibes, and heightened senses for the most part, [didn't take enough to leave this dimension.] but i digress.) so once on mushrooms, i got really entranced in the clouds. they were so peaceful. after staring at them for a few minutes they started to form into distinct patterns. that happened again on acid. i think the clouds were responding to the state of my consciousness.

the last time i ever took acid, i was in my front yard just kind of existing. two of my cats were following me around. then i stood still for a minute, centering myself or something. no lie, the cats started moving around me in a perfect circle in opposite directions. they did it a few times, and i laughed. i love symmetry. they just paused in front of me and i pet them. that was a very off-topic day, as i put it.

anyway, this kind of stuff seems to happen all the time. i'm sober now and it still happens. i'll have a disturbing thought and my truck's cd player will skip (no bumps) or i'll worry about it and it will skip. i'll be sitting using my laptop on my bed and i'll realize something slightly shocking and the cat will twitch even though i was completely still. qi seems like this mysterious thing, but it's usually quite simple.

I noticed when doing Zhang Zhuang that i'm quite easy prey for mosquitos. :P

Mozzies are really attracted to our energy because they are so yin. Where I live, I stay away from areas where I know mozzies abound, namely cemeteries and stagnant water.

I noticed when doing Zhang Zhuang that i'm quite easy prey for mosquitos. :P

Hi Tao Apprentice:)

Ask them to not bite you. Politely, with love, in your heart, ask please dont drink me, I understand you need to do it, I respect that, but not me right now.. Also charge your energy field with what feels to you like a vibration mosquito's wont be drawn to, like a mozzie invisibility cloak, but not 'defensive' just different from what they like.

it's a good sensitivity practice.

if you get bitten and it hurts as you are standing, work on withdrawing the pain, disperse it into the atmosphere, with compassion, for recycling.

everything is good for practice.

:lol: I made the same observation!

Except in my case....

I can be covered with various flys and may move myself freely, yet slowly and the flys do not seem to sense any ill intent; they do not flee as they normally would, but compliment the movements arisen from stillness.

Even when I DO have ill intent and am trying to get it off me, that guy will just hold on to me! Or fly away, only to promptly reattach itself within the next 1.3 seconds <_<

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Hi Tao Apprentice:)

Ask them to not bite you. Politely, with love, in your heart, ask please dont drink me, I understand you need to do it, I respect that, but not me right now.. Also charge your energy field with what feels to you like a vibration mosquito's wont be drawn to, like a mozzie invisibility cloak, but not 'defensive' just different from what they like.

it's a good sensitivity practice.

if you get bitten and it hurts as you are standing, work on withdrawing the pain, disperse it into the atmosphere, with compassion, for recycling.

everything is good for practice.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it today.

im always a great hit with fly folk.sometimes it doesent bother me and sometimes they drive me nuts so i start doing something else.

actually i now remeber that i found a way of putting light cotton cloth/scarf hanging over my face-it really helps.hahaha

i like threads about flies in meditation.

Well, there is a resonant vibration from being in a specific level with the insect world/animal world from high level meditation, and then there is the physiological fact that some people have increased sweetness to their cholesterol causing papular urticaria/arthropod assualts. This is also known as "bug prone". Two different things. :)

Personally humingbirds are very friendly with me, but not as much they are with say, a waterfall or a bee is to flowers. :)

Sign in to follow this