Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Top 5 rides at Disneyworld

(IMO)

1. Pirates of the Caribbean. Even though I went on it numerous times nothing quite prepares you for the quick dip at the beginning. I know the hardcore purists will say this means nothing when you compare it to Space Mountain but with Space Mountain you have a good idea of what's coming. That dip at the beginning of "Pirates" is a total suprise! Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirates Life For me!

2. Haunted Mansion. You can't even put into words the pscycological ramifications of taking a small child and revealing to him the existence of ghosts! Sure after the age of 14 or so you realize it is all done by special effects but does it really make it any less real to have ghosts flying about your head and the frightened screams of young children? No it does not!

3. Small World. You can argue again about Space Mountain deserving a higher place but no other ride offers a complete system of philisophical and spiritual insight. Every continent is condensed down into a magical journey of exploration where self acceptance and love for other peoples cultures unfolds into the simple realization that it is indeed " A small world".

4. Space Mountain. A glimpse into the future perhaps? Or just a dashing good time!?

5. Tiki Birds. Those talking birds are a trip! Also the orange smoothies next door are the fucking bomb!

You can argue with 2-5 but I don't see any room for argument about #1.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean.

2. Haunted Mansion.

Definately those are the top two.

"Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" got shut down some years ago, but I really liked it.

And, when I was in grade school I went to DLand with the multi-sport YMCA team that I was part of - all my friends in grade school. We spent like 3 hours on Tom Sawyer's Island playing "ditch". That was it. :D

--- later ---

Oh, shit! Are we talking Disneyworld?!? Never been there.

Edited by Trunk

Sign in to follow this