Sign in to follow this  
de_paradise

The gulf seafood and fishermen

I get irked when I see fish refered to seafood. Sure they are in the sea. Before there was LOTS of fish and sea animals, but humans have killed SO MANY, and except in very limited cases, carry on unsustainably scooping them out. 6 billion humans is going to do that.

Fisherman is a dated profession. Historically it was perhaps a proud profession, now its just raping the last vestiges of sealife there is, and they wont let up not even to let the sea animals allow themselves time to flourish again. The Gulf fisherman get angry because they didnt get to kill the shrimp first, which they translate into dollar signs.

Am I the only one who gets this? You just dont go around killing everything.

I get irked when I see fish refered to seafood. Sure they are in the sea. Before there was LOTS of fish and sea animals, but humans have killed SO MANY, and except in very limited cases, carry on unsustainably scooping them out. 6 billion humans is going to do that.

Fisherman is a dated profession. Historically it was perhaps a proud profession, now its just raping the last vestiges of sealife there is, and they wont let up not even to let the sea animals allow themselves time to flourish again. The Gulf fisherman get angry because they didnt get to kill the shrimp first, which they translate into dollar signs.

Mm I agree. Often people lose consideration/thankfulness when there taught generation by generation to increase benefits.. Simply forget, even in a short amount of time. All people need is something bright enough to turn there attention and they may stop questioning things..

Also more difficult to teach an old dog new tricks, specially if it justifies killing things

There are many problems. There are still far too many that don't yet realize we have reached an unsustainable population level (with current food production standards) and it grows worse every day. Many still don't believe in birth control? Others breeding like flies with no way to support their offspring? In my area there are many children having children, yet these children that are having children have no way to support themselves. Is this going to change? Are we to rape the Earth to support ourselves with hunter/gatherer mentality of food? Are we going to awaken to more/much better and sustainable ways to plant and maintain food supplies or are we going to keep on until nothing is left?

What you call killing animals others call food supply. But yes, we have proven to be bad stewards and it will come back to haunt us. I think individually there are many with answers but as a whole - it is not looking good.

agreed.

here is a link about UN urging a move to meat and dairy free diet for sake of fuel shortages,hunger and climate change.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

i firmly believe in becoming the change we want to see ,walk the talk.

another interesting thing is meat farming.growing meat in labaratories in Holland.

it sounds wierd,but it could be potentially helpful .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6936352.ece

Edited by suninmyeyes

Sign in to follow this