Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Dao Yin/Tao Yin Resources

Hey, I've been wanting to get into Dao Yin/ Tao Yin for a little while now. What are some good resources you know of to learn? Preferably some really good books on the subject, but I'd like to hear anything you guys got.

I've got an e-book somewhere on my hard drive. 'Chinese Healing Exercises- The Tradition of Daoyin' by Livia Kohn.

I haven't read it yet though. I've got waaay too much to get on with at the minute. If you PM me your e-mail, I'll send it to you.

Be warned though, it is a large file (3.3MB).

Hi Sloppy, I think that in a generic sense, tao yin refers to exercises that guide qi through the meridians, but is used more often now for sets of exercises that sort of resemble hatha yoga, mostly prone or seated postures and movements. If that's what you're looking for, I am aware of a few books (I don't think that there are very many):

Energy Balance through the Tao: Exercises for Cultivating Yin Energy by Mantak Chia

Attune Your Body With Dao-In

There are dvds for those two also.

Another one from a macrobiotic perspective:

The Do-in Way: Gentle Exercises to Liberate the Body,mind, And Spirit

Other stuff that might fit in here: Sun Do Mountain Taoism and Yin & Yang Yoga (Paulie Zink).

I studied hatha yoga (Iyengar method) for a long time, but now mostly qigong and tai chi. I've thought about learning some of this stuff as a bridge back into it eventually. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Hi Sloppy, I think that in a generic sense, tao yin refers to exercises that guide qi through the meridians, but is used more often now for sets of exercises that sort of resemble hatha yoga, mostly prone or seated postures and movements. If that's what you're looking for, I am aware of a few books (I don't think that there are very many):

Yup, that's exactly what I'm looking for :)

Energy Balance through the Tao: Exercises for Cultivating Yin Energy by Mantak Chia

Attune Your Body With Dao-In

There are dvds for those two also.

Another one from a macrobiotic perspective:

The Do-in Way: Gentle Exercises to Liberate the Body,mind, And Spirit

Other stuff that might fit in here: Sun Do Mountain Taoism and Yin & Yang Yoga (Paulie Zink).

I studied hatha yoga (Iyengar method) for a long time, but now mostly qigong and tai chi. I've thought about learning some of this stuff as a bridge back into it eventually. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Thanks for the resources.

Sign in to follow this