Sign in to follow this  
Herodes

China Being Poisoned by Its Food Industry

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,523988,00.html

China Being Poisoned by Its Food Industry

Antibiotics in the meat, pesticide used as preservatives, mercury in the drinking water -- Chinese author Zhou Qing says China's food industry is poisoning the country in its greed for profit.

If you decide to go to china some day, remember this.

Edited by Herodes

The same is happening elsewhere, not just China my friend.

very true, in europe older people say that when they were young, from 100kg of meat you got 60kg of ham and today from 100kg of meat you got 150kg of ham.. same with bread, its light and soft like a candy-floss, not to mention GMO, polluted air in urbanised cities, fruit juices which all include cancerogenic cells of moll coming from concentrate fruits.. if you dont find some private sellers, like family tradition bakery or eggs from normal old farm or stuff like that - you got a problem.. and beware of frankfurters :ninja:

Here is where I go to buy Groceries

The author of the article i was referring to reported merely about the general situation in China. Hygienic standards are not everywhere as good as in Hong Kong.

Moreover, you seem to forget that officials in China are more likely to take bribes than officials in Europe and the USA.

see also:

"I can only warn you never to go in a restaurant." The danger of food producers being taken to task for their actions is slight. Everything disappears in China's endless bureaucracy, he said. ... Zheng Xiaoyu, was executed after being convicted of taking bribes to award licences for forged drugs, some of which had lethal side effects.

By the way, the german magazine "Der Spiegel" is a reliable source

Moreover, you seem to forget that officials in China are more likely to take bribes than officials in Europe and the USA.

:lol: Got a pretty good laugh out of this one!

And the second one, with Der Spiegel being reliable, not bad a laugh either!

@JK forget it, people are programmed to think this way,

and any argument goes only to prove they are right, and the rest are biased.

There is alot of negative propaganda regarding Asian countries in the West, and many have grown up hearing it over and over.

~ TaoBums Moderation Team Note ~

re: ~jK~'s remark.

Personal attack. 2 week suspension from TTBs enforced.

Offending text edited out.

- Trunk

~ Mod Squad out ~

I live in China. And I have no doubt that lots of pollution is indeed caused by the food industry. (And I would add the meat industry in particular).

The same thing is true in other countries anyway.

If people can live longer than in other areas of the world, I guess it is because they do exercise until old (taiji, qi gong, badminton, all these soft activities...), and keep a social life.

Despite what I said before, there is also the Chinese way of cooking that is better than many others (though the southern French one is good too... ;) )

But I think, and fear that for the next generations the life expectancy will not be so good...

It is not just China that suffers from a tainted food supply, but many places, maybe the whole world?

Too many pesticides and herbicides.

Too many genetically modified organisms.

Farms have been turned into factories raising both animals and crops in a way that is unnatural.

Man is out of touch with nature.

PS...If you like this topic, rent the movie "Food Inc". It will open your eyes to how little you know about where your food comes from, what is in it, and how it was produced.

Sign in to follow this